How do I require Maxthon Passport login on launch?

Sublustris

Updated from MX5 to MX6 at workplace only to find out, that anyone can launch my browser in my absence and have access to all my session data (like gmail, various websites, browsing history etc). And manually switching to guest account doesn't really helps, as you can switch back to MY account and it doesn't ask for authenification! What the heck?

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2021 at 3:40 PM, Sublustris said:

Updated from MX5 to MX6 at workplace only to find out, that anyone can launch my browser in my absence and have access to all my session data (like gmail, various websites, browsing history etc). And manually switching to guest account doesn't really helps, as you can switch back to MY account and it doesn't ask for authenification! What the heck?

Hi Sublustris, thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will inform our engineers about this login function and ask them to look into it. Our engineers will make sure that users' privacy are protected.

9 hours ago, skidude1758732 said:

I have no answer to this because I have exactly the same problem - how to force a login every time I open Mx6.

It is disappointing that nobody has replied to this security issue. So I repeat the questions how do you do it, is it possible at all?

Hi skidude1758732, we would like to apologize for the late reply. Do be assured that we will let our engineers know about this issue. Engineers are still working on optimizing the login function; and will make sure these functions are added to protect users' privacy.

Hello!

Since Mx6 is using Chromium & on Linux, Chromium asks for the keyring password on launch, if not entered, then you're in guest mode with zero access to users auto-fill data, history, etc...

Why not just implement in Mx6 a feature that is already in Chromium!?

Thank you very much Sublustris and skidude1758732 for coming back to this topic again "How do I require Maxthon Passport login on launch?" In the past had written about it, but nobody gave me any answer. I was really disappointed about this security matter, so I decided to cling to MX5. I use MX6 like a normal browser that it is pity. Maybe one day developers will solve this issue and MX6 users will have all the accounts working smoothly like in MX5. 

Archived