MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.1.1400

BugSir006

13 hours ago, Zura Chelidze said:

Google voice search?

Google_2021312171439.jpg

Google Voice search works fine for me...

?  So cannot confirm.

13 hours ago, Laguz said:

I'm getting bad borders when the browser is windowed.2046609648_MaxthonSnap20210312175245.thumb.png.f651ca4a72ff25cd8a8763b340898867.png

My "borders" look fine...?

Windows 10 Pro v1909+ Updated, 27 Inch monitor, 4k, Nvidia 2060 Super.

The only time I'm seeing "extra space" on the border of the browser is when I'm "dragging" the Bottom or the Right side of the browser to manually adjust the window size.
The Top and Left sides don't show me any "border" when manually dragging them.

Cannot confirm...

old requests, still pending:

- snaptool, shrinks display image when selected (like changing monitor resolution)

- downloadmanager: add some option to get old behaviour where downloaded files appears on botton of screen (like Chrome), an not only within the manager

10 hours ago, Zura Chelidze said:

So, mx5 Google voice search works fine, but mx6 - problem, at same pc, can you tall me what to do

First thing you should do is indicate your PC specs, what version of Maxthon you installed (32, 64 bit, or portable), etc, so they can start troubleshooting the issue.
Me, Google Voice and its search is working fine on my Windows 10 Pro 1909+ and with the 64bit installer of Maxthon.

Hello to all

I just installed this newest beta version - moved from Maxthon 5.

I am missing the login page functionality - where I can choose if my login should be remembered or not. When I log in to my account from the Preferences menu, I stay logged in forever. I would like my browser to forget my credencials when I leave it (by just closing button), and next time log in again.

Now everyone has access to my account if I'm not choose to log out before exit.

Thank you

On 3/13/2021 at 1:02 AM, Laguz said:

I'm getting bad borders when the browser is windowed. I'm still on windows 7, and it seems to be an Aero theme problem as it looks ok in basic theme.

Issue reported. 

On 3/13/2021 at 1:17 AM, Zura Chelidze said:

Google voice search?

Hi there, this known bug is still being analyzed. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:11 PM, avegaweiss said:

- snaptool, shrinks display image when selected (like changing monitor resolution)

Hi there, try to restart the browser after changing the resolution, please.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:11 PM, avegaweiss said:

- downloadmanager: add some option to get old behaviour where downloaded files appears on botton of screen (like Chrome), an not only within the manager

Suggestion recorded. 

19 hours ago, arti74 said:

Hello to all

I just installed this newest beta version - moved from Maxthon 5.

I am missing the login page functionality - where I can choose if my login should be remembered or not. When I log in to my account from the Preferences menu, I stay logged in forever. I would like my browser to forget my credencials when I leave it (by just closing button), and next time log in again.

Now everyone has access to my account if I'm not choose to log out before exit.

Thank you

Suggestion recorded.?

Hello!

Would be nice to implement the key ring password at browser start, like in Linux, so if entered, auto-fill will be enabled, but if not, then won't.

That way, someone using Mx6, who doesn't know the key ring password, can't auto-login to any secure websites (e.g. shopping, email, etc), but can still browse ok.

The download manager really needs to be a window, not just a popup, as when going to entries for downloads, have to keep bringing the popup back up.

Hello,

I think concerning the accounts the developers should do something. In MX5 all the accounts were separated, but everything was in the same place. It was like you are working in different browsers in one. That was cool. When you log out from one account, you come back to the main screen where you choose another account. As for me, I had the Guest account with bookmarks in it. I am missing that. Now when you log out you have to decide to clear all the data or leave it. If you decide to clear data, all the bookmarks, extensions etc are gone if you take the second option, all your bookmarks, extensions remain accessible to all.  So for the moment I am using MX5 for my accounts and MX6 as "Guest account". It is pity

2 hours ago, TarMaster said:

Missing feature in MX6. By right-clicking on an open tab in the browser, the "Send to..." feature is missing - which was extremely useful in Maxthon 5. It would be nice to rebuild to Maxthon 6. Thanks!

and send to ....another copy of Maxthon, what Chromium-based browsers can

Hello!

Maxthon 6.1.1.1400(64-bit)0312

When minimizing to tray (finally!) & later clicking the tray icon, if another program has focus, Mx6 just opens in the background.

If clicking the now taskbar shortcut, sometimes it re-minimizes back to tray & sometimes it brings to foreground.

Archived