mx not the same anymore?

m007

WTF? years since mx6 and you still can 't make status bar? What your coders are paid for? 
I need status bar with zoom +- buttons on it and global mute, also where is mute on individual tabs?
I believe you also missing "add to favorites" when you click star
Make those changes before April 1, or you lose your oldest user (~15 years using this unstable shit)

I understand your feeling @m007....  Here another user since 2000 when it was still called MyIE.

From my point of view MX was the best browser of its time from myIE to MX5. 
It had a lot of innovation and they were trailblazers, with other browsers offering similar features (if any) always after maxthon did first.
There were of course also dark times, I think it was MX3 which came at first with many bugs... but luckily it didn't last long . 

But I don't know what happened from 2019. Other browsers continued improving and MX became frozen: Both no improvements happening to MX5 and no new work happening? I don't think they were working in MX6 for 2 years because what they have released I would consider it an Alpha version: Key features from MX5 are missing and the things that exist are buggy...  As a result, at this moment we have better options in the market like Vivaldi or even Edge (which I have being playing with and I'd say it is an improved version of Chrome because it include some nice features like the notes that Chrome was missing or the capture). Basically after 20 years of using Maxthon I am using other browsers.... Although I still have faith and I have been following very closely all new releases of MX6, hoping for an huge improvement... but it is going veeeeery veeery slowly ....  ( I guess at this point they have only 1 dev).

I understand your frustration, I think all MX users share it... :(

On 3/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, m007 said:

I need status bar with zoom +- buttons on it and global mute, also where is mute on individual tabs?

I still use mx5 as primary browser, because those mentioned features are frequently used by me. But I cant use 5th version forever. Old engine, not supported a lot of websites and features (a lot of warnings from google, youtube, e.t.c..)

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, (my post above), after DAYS of STILL JACKING AROUND with this--only ONE THING remains on the status bar after you re-open and that's the "System info"!  Now WHY the hell does that remain AS IT SHOULD (which I don't even need), and the frickin' "Zoom" function is VANISHES after each re-open??

(WTH is wrong with "Quote" here?  NOTHING happens when you click it, and even when you highlight, right-click, and "Quote selection" that TOO doesn't even work!)

I still use mx5 as primary browser, because those mentioned features are frequently used by me. But I cant use 5th version forever. Old engine, not supported a lot of websites and features (a lot of warnings from google, youtube, e.t.c..)

So far, pleasantly surprised, I have yet to come across any websites where v5.3.8.2000 did not work.  No problems (YET) at YouTube, or 'screwgle', anywhere.  Of course at YT the frickin' "Download bar" doesn't work!  So I had to install an extension (the ONE DAY https://extension.maxthon.com WAS working!), and that extension actually works at YT.  It's "SaveTube" (with the "Violentmonkey" script).

I'm same one

it's very confusing why MX6 so much bugs. and all MX4/MX5 good features are not moving to MX6.

I already waiting from MX6.0.xxx to now, and moving MX5 to MX6.1.2.500 as my second time use MX6 (1st time is MX6.0.0.1600.)

I feeling is WTF, too. Also, Maxthon merge internal version and china version.

about the sync, setting, status bar, mute, page's right menu... all the function is not ready............

over 10 months, nothing changed.

Archived