MX6 : Synchronization problem! Again...

Hello,
Having had a synchronization problem that was never resolved when I used Mathon v5, I decided to create a new account to start over with Maxthon v6 without importing data from my previous account into Maxthon v6!
But the problem is also present.

If I go to the address below I don't have my favorites.
https://www.uu.me/note/en-us.html
The passwords are there.
Can you help me please ?

On 3/5/2021 at 11:04 PM, 13382058 said:

Hum...
What is the difference between the Maxnotes and the bookmarks please ?

Hi there, in Maxthon 6, you can add the notes to Maxnote, add the website links to the Bookmarks.

Maxnote can be synced between the Maxthon 5 and Maxthon 6.

Bookmarks cannot be synced between the Maxthon 5 and Maxthon 6.

Bookmarks only can be synced between the Maxthon 6 browsers, such as Maxthon 6 for mobile and Maxthon 6 for PC.

Hello,
I understood that going from Maxthon 5 to Maxthon 6 with the same account, the bookmarks cannot be synchronized but in my case, I created a new account then I went to the settings to import my file Html.
Despite this, I don't have my bookmarks in the cloud..

08-03-2021 14-20-44.jpg

18 hours ago, 13382058 said:

Hello,
I understood that going from Maxthon 5 to Maxthon 6 with the same account, the bookmarks cannot be synchronized but in my case, I created a new account then I went to the settings to import my file Html.
Despite this, I don't have my bookmarks in the cloud..

Hi there, you can export the bookmarks to HTML then import the data to Maxthon 6 manually.

18 hours ago, 13382058 said:

Hello

In my previous answer, with the screenshot, that's exactly what I explained to you that I did .. 
But despite that, there is nothing in the cloud.. ?

Hi there, you can log in to the Maxthon 5 browser account in the Maxthon 6 browser, then import the same account data from Maxthon 5 to Maxthon 6. Did you import the same account data from Maxthon 5?

If you create a new browser account then log in to this new browser account in the Maxthon 6 browser, you cannot import another account data from Maxthon 5.

Currently, the bookmarks of Maxthon 6 cannot be checked online. You only can check the bookmarks data of Maxthon 6 browser in Maxthon 6 application.

Maxnote data can be checked online, such as: https://www.uu.me/

The bookmarks data of Maxthon 5 cannot sync with Maxthon 6.

• 3 weeks later...

I was happy with MyIE/Maxthon until version 5. Then the bookmarks sync problems started, and reorganizing bookmarks was terrible. Even after managing to organize something then because of synchronization issues it could disappear again. I got totally fed up with that, but because of 19 years of using this browser I decided to try MX 6.

I got the MX5 bookmarks as far as they were synchronized imported and copied into a MX6-bookmarks folder. I was happy with the MX6 possibilities to (re)organize bookmarks, and simply add them.
Synchronization was still not perfect all, on both my phones I have different parts of the MX6 bookmarks - none are 100%  synced.

I use Maxthon from different Windows users - all using the same MX-account. In my windows user#2  the bookmarks didn't show up at all.
I then exported bookmarks from my Windows user#1 and imported in my user #2 - They showed, but coulnd't be used - not clickable or editable at all.
I left it at that, and continued using the bookmarks in my user#1 MX6

Then yesterday, MX6 in user#2: I saw that the bookmarks were synchronized more. Not 100% yet, but almost there. While I was doing something else, I saw them suddenly all disappear - no bookmarks at all anymore.

Today I opened MX6 in user#2. All 8400 bookmarks gone! I have never been as unhappy with a browser as I am now.

10 hours ago, WildRice said:

Today I opened MX6 in user#2. All 8400 bookmarks gone! I have never been as unhappy with a browser as I am now.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. You mean mx://bookmarks/ or mx://note/?

Did you use the portable version or installation version? All of the windows users have the administrator permissions?

mx://bookmarks/
all instances are installation versions.
all users have administrator permissions.

2 users on a Windows 10 HP laptop
2 users on Android phones:
- HTC U12+ Android 9
- Oppo Find X2 Pro Android 10
I haven't installed MX6 on my Windows 10 tablet yet - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro but the result will be the same. The issue is not in the hardware or OS.

Now if I open MX on one of the devices that still had some bookmarks left - I see them  disappear straight away.

Perhaps if I switch syncing off on the emptied installations I can keep the last one, and try to from there sync the whole lot back. But I don't think that will work, because the timestamps of all these bookmarks are older than the newer "emptiness".

I can try to import the export I made earlier - that is not up to date but better than nothing. But I can't trust the system anymore. (and am not sure it does anything - considering my earlier experience with the imported bookmarks)

- This morning I imported the bookmarks I exported earlier in user#1 on my laptop
- I updated the bookmarks, and exported them to have a back up
- I opened MX6 on my phone#1 - the one all bookmarks were erased and tried to sync to no avail
- This evening I opened MX6 on this phone#1 again. All bookmarks synchronized
- I opened MX6 on my phone#2 - the one that still had the partially synchronized bookmarks from before and let it synchronize
- After not too long all those bookmarks disappeared, and then the new bookmarks showed up
- I installed MX6 on my tablet (also Windows 10), logged into my Maxthon account and chose to synchronize.
- All bookmarks showed up after a relative short time, considering how many bookmarks I have
- I logged into user#2 on my laptop and opened MX6. The bookmarks showed up after a short time.

What I saw on my phone#2 looks like "first erase all content, then rewrite all content" 
I haven't tried to add a bookmark and see what happens on other devices/users. Will try that later.

Synchronizing is still not ok. Changes to the bookmarks are only partially synced to other devices.. It does erase all on another device, and then rewrites - but not everything. Completeley de-installing, and re-installing Maxthon does get the bookmarks.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:45 AM, WildRice said:

Synchronizing is still not ok. Changes to the bookmarks are only partially synced to other devices.. It does erase all on another device, and then rewrites - but not everything. Completeley de-installing, and re-installing Maxthon does get the bookmarks.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you let us know the version numbers of your browsers for Android and for Windows?

Archived