RESOLVED: Mx6 Video buffering issues on certain sites.

UPDATE: Problem resolved with update 6.1.2.500(64-bit)0326

So lately I noticed that there is a general problem with playing full-screen videos from essentially every website (YouTube, News sites, Rumble, etc.).
I get an error (different text for every site) but essentially it seems that when viewing the videos in full screen the buffering stops and once the buffer clears, the video stops and an error is issued.

I haven't noticed if it's specifically HTML5 or flash.
When reloading the page/video it works and buffers fully as long as you don't go full screen.

I'm using 6.1.1.1100 (64bit), but I think this happened in previous versions as well.

2 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

So lately I noticed that there is a general problem with playing full-screen videos from essentially every website (YouTube, News sites, Rumble, etc.).
I get an error (different text for every site) but essentially it seems that when viewing the videos in full screen the buffering stops and once the buffer clears, the video stops and an error is issued.

I haven't noticed if it's specifically HTML5 or flash.
When reloading the page/video it works and buffers fully as long as you don't go full screen.

I'm using 6.1.1.1100 (64bit), but I think this happened in previous versions as well.

Just watched over 30 minutes of full screen videos on both YouTube and Rumble and not one glitch, but on 6.1.1.1200 64bit, on 34" monitor. Maybe try that latest version.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Yes, I've done a round of testing specifically for this - and indeed I misidentified the problem.

The issue is not with full screen, it just happened that I usually went to full screen when the issue occurred.
However the issue does exist and seems to be related to videos not being properly buffered for some reason.

I'm try to narrow it down and find a way to reliably reproduce it.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:32 AM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Question: is the "Use hardware acceleration mode" related to video playback? If so, it might be related.

Hi there, try to uncheck the "hardware acceleration" then try playing the video again. ?

If you can play the video correctly after unchecking the "hardware acceleration" please let me know the type of the graphic cards of your device.

15 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Hey,

So it seems to be related to specific players/websites.
For example, it seems to happen consistently with videos in websites like Locals.com (which are not embedded Youtube videos).

Sharing an exact video is an issue, as it requires registration.

Hi there, could you provide me a video of this issue?

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

Could you try to solve this issue by unchecking the hardware acceleration?

Maxthon Snap20210315180424.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So I did verify - it is not because of hardware acceleration.
I can reproduce this consistently on platforms such as locals.com - this is consistently reproduced on that platform, so it's a good place to start.

Just as an example:
https://kb.locals.com/post/525541/have-you-joined-one-of-our-community-zooms-yet
(You can pick any other on locals.com section/contributor and get the same issue) 

Note that if it is a link/embedded YouTube video on locals.com - it does work well on locals.com

image.png

10 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Hi,

So I did verify - it is not because of hardware acceleration.
I can reproduce this consistently on platforms such as locals.com - this is consistently reproduced on that platform, so it's a good place to start.

Just as an example:
https://kb.locals.com/post/525541/have-you-joined-one-of-our-community-zooms-yet
(You can pick any other on locals.com section/contributor and get the same issue) 

Note that if it is a link/embedded YouTube video on locals.com - it does work well on locals.com

image.png

Hi there, I tried to test this issue in the latest version 6.1.1.1500 but haven't reproduced. Could we check this issue remotely via AnyDesk?

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, I tried to test this issue in the latest version 6.1.1.1500 but haven't reproduced. Could we check this issue remotely via AnyDesk?

Just watched that entire video without any problem on 6.1.1.1500 on Windows 10 Insider version 21337 on 34" monitor.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

I tried updating Windows to the latest version as well, since it was overdue anyway.
Also using 6.1.1.1500(64-bit)0319 now.

I for got to mention - this is the PORTABLE version.
Could that be relevant?

In terms of remote fixing - it is generally possible, but I'm in a tight corner in terms of time availability lately, so we'll see if this is relevant in future time.

2 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

I tried updating Windows to the latest version as well, since it was overdue anyway.
Also using 6.1.1.1500(64-bit)0319 now.

I for got to mention - this is the PORTABLE version.
Could that be relevant?

In terms of remote fixing - it is generally possible, but I'm in a tight corner in terms of time availability lately, so we'll see if this is relevant in future time.

Hi there, I tried to test this issue in the portable version but haven't reproduced. Could you provide me a video of this issue?

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

• TheWhitestOfFangs changed the title to RESOLED: Mx6 Video buffering issues on certain sites.
On 3/28/2021 at 4:39 AM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Update:
Apparently update 6.1.2.500(64-bit)0326 solved the issue.

I was about to record an example, after updating and it didn't happen.
So I'm not sure what happened between the two last versions - that might give a clue to what caused the issue.

At this point this is RESOLVED.

Thank you for your reply. If you still experience the issue in the latest version please send a video to me.?

• TheWhitestOfFangs changed the title to RESOLVED: Mx6 Video buffering issues on certain sites.

Archived