There was a search bar on Maxthon 5..

Hi,
Why do you need that bar?  If you setup the default search engine as google you can just type in the address bar and it will search for you, same result. 
I always had that  search bar hidden in MX5 because I didn't see the point of it taking space. 

This is exactly what I was also doing LeetZero and I found it really handy!

It's like the "Add to this folder" favorites function when you open a favorites folder to put the current tab which has disappeared and it got really boring !!!

Can you detail the alternative you are talking about please?

On 3/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, 13382058 said:

This is exactly what I was also doing LeetZero and I found it really handy!

It's like the "Add to this folder" favorites function when you open a favorites folder to put the current tab which has disappeared and it got really boring !!!

Can you detail the alternative you are talking about please?

Sorry for late response but under "Settings - General - Manage Engines" you can have a keyword for a engine, so that when you start off with that keyword that search "Engine link" is used to do a search. It overwrites moving you to a website so if I wanted to for example search for the Maxthon website for any reason instead of getting sent to maxthon.com I'd put in "s maxthon.com" in the searchbar for my example below.

image.png.a5329f1b2baead785b6258a62958b44b.png

However, this functionality worked for me only a couple of months ago and has no longer worked since.

Scratch that, it was fixed in yesterday's update! Nice!

"- Fixed the issue that the search engine could not be switched after pressing the space key when inputting the search engine keyword"

And another edit, apparently the previous fix now prevents you from actually using 2 words in your search bar since the first space after any word seems to take stuff from history and bookmarks for some reason. (っ °Д °;)っ

53 minutes ago, LeetZero said:

And another edit, apparently the previous fix now prevents you from actually using 2 words in your search bar since the first space after any word seems to take stuff from history and bookmarks for some reason.

This known bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Arcan said:

Why do you need that bar?

...for the same reason he needed it in MX5 ! :) The fact fact you hid it is not relevant to the personal use of other people.

On my side I find it useful because I used it to search and open directly a new tab for this search, and used the address bar to type a search in an already opened tab. Now I need to first open a new tab, then type my search... Twice slower.

So, I would be also glad to have this option back in MX6 :)

Archived