MX6 PC Beta 6.1.1.800 & Android 6.0.0.3436 Release

BugSir006

1 hour ago, Galileusz said:

For me the download was correct and the archive contains no errors.  Both from dl.maxthon.cn and dl.maxthon.com domains

I tried to download with several different browsers and download programs - the result is the same: the archive is damaged ...
At the same time, the download of previous versions does not show an error and the archive is fully functional ...

P.S. Previous versions are 7z compressed, and 800 is zip. Maybe this is the case?

On mobile I'm arrived to have 13k passwords on passkeeper... Actually the right number is around 280... In my opinion the development of vbox is extremely slowing down the development of the browser itself. Seriously looking to switch to another browser right now, since myie2... 

There is a lot of problems that i have in mx6 ..

the last 1700 and this update i found a lot of problems.

1stly when i try to full screen it back again to small window .. I tried the sites in mx5 and it full screen np ..

2ndly popup mode in mx6 not good like mx5... i can't do anything in it.

3rdly translation in mx6 so baaad .. i need mx5's translate here ..

I just need all mx5 extensions and chrome extensions .. not just chrome extensions ..

thanks .. This video will describes the problems that i have ..

Hello, using custom search engines is broken in 6.1.1.800, custom engine keywords do not automatically trigger search through predefined engines. Example: I've got "gmap" keyword mapped to Google Maps search engine:

• Expected behavior valid through all MX version until 6.1.1.800: Typing "gmap Berlin" and pressing Enter automatically searches Berlin location in Google Maps.
  • Behavior of 6.1.1.800: Typing "gmap Berlin" and pressing Enter searches the "gmap Berlin" string using my primary search engine (Google).

Thanks in advance for having this corrected.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:25 AM, DONG DONG said:

1stly when i try to full screen it back again to small window .. I tried the sites in mx5 and it full screen np ..

Issue reported. ?

On 1/24/2021 at 12:25 AM, DONG DONG said:

2ndly popup mode in mx6 not good like mx5... i can't do anything in it.

3rdly translation in mx6 so baaad .. i need mx5's translate here ..

I just need all mx5 extensions and chrome extensions .. not just chrome extensions ..

Suggestions recorded. 

3 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hello, using custom search engines is broken in 6.1.1.800, custom engine keywords do not automatically trigger search through predefined engines. Example: I've got "gmap" keyword mapped to Google Maps search engine:

• Expected behavior valid through all MX version until 6.1.1.800: Typing "gmap Berlin" and pressing Enter automatically searches Berlin location in Google Maps.
  • Behavior of 6.1.1.800: Typing "gmap Berlin" and pressing Enter searches the "gmap Berlin" string using my primary search engine (Google).

Thanks in advance for having this corrected.

Hi there, try to customize the URL of the search engine, use this link, please.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, try to customize the URL of the search engine, use this link, please.

Hi BugSir, this is the search string I've been using for Google Maps and this is the resulting flawed url: https://www.google.com/search?q=gmap+berlin. As you can see the Google Maps search engine does not pick up the "Berlin" string, instead my primary Google search engine searches for the whole "gmap berlin" string. The problem is general, has started with 6.1.1.800 release and is affecting all custom search engine definitions, i.e. it's not specific to Google Maps search engine.

Secondary, would it be possible to have the search engine definitions synchronized to Maxthon account so users don't need to type them in individually on every device they've been using?

15 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

weeeee

Hey BugSir006...

So, is there an "estimate" on when you'll be adding the "Middle Tab Bar" option like old Maxthon Classic had, and many other browsers have such as 360Chrome etc.?  I.E. the Tab Bar is just above the Page itself, it acts like it's part of the page, and the Favorites Bar is just above it.
I requested this feature at the beginning of MX6 development, but haven't heard anything.

It's a MUST feature for me to finally start using the browser FULL TIME, since most other BIG things I need are now in the browser, instead of just using it to mostly watch some videos with.  If I remember right, it was "one" reason I left Maxthon after Maxthon Classic stopped being usable, because the new standalone Maxthon didn't have the middle tab bar.

While there are a few "little" features I'm waiting for, with the Middle Tab Bar I will finally use MX6 FULL TIME and that will allow me to start being fully dedicated to the Development of the browser, it's testing, needed features, etc. like I did some with old Maxthon Classic, using it for years.

I really need this, I can't stand tabs at the top...

Thanks.

p.s. It's also irritating me like crazy that when we have the "default" loading page open, and we click a Favorite that it doesn't open right in that page but instead opens a New Tab, thus there's a useless extra tab open.
Could you all fix that..., make an "exception" for NOT opening in a New Tab when the default page is open?  Thanks

-----

What mine looks like in 360Chrome for example (using a black and skinnier theme, and it's the theme of my computer, or whatever).

tabbar.png

15 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hi BugSir, this is the search string I've been using for Google Maps and this is the resulting flawed url: https://www.google.com/search?q=gmap+berlin. As you can see the Google Maps search engine does not pick up the "Berlin" string, instead my primary Google search engine searches for the whole "gmap berlin" string. The problem is general, has started with 6.1.1.800 release and is affecting all custom search engine definitions, i.e. it's not specific to Google Maps search engine.

Hi there, Maxthon 6 is different from the Maxthon 5, so the link of the search engine of Maxthon 5 cannot be used in Maxthon 6.

You can open the official website of Google Map, then search a word in Google Map, then use %s to replace the word, copy the link, then add the link to search engine, and set it as the default. Attached a video for your reference.

15 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Secondary, would it be possible to have the search engine definitions synchronized to Maxthon account so users don't need to type them in individually on every device they've been using?

This issue has been reported to the dev team. ?

2 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

So, is there an "estimate" on when you'll be adding the "Middle Tab Bar" option like old Maxthon Classic had, and many other browsers have such as 360Chrome etc.?  I.E. the Tab Bar is just above the Page itself, it acts like it's part of the page, and the Favorites Bar is just above it.
I requested this feature at the beginning of MX6 development, but haven't heard anything.

2 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

p.s. It's also irritating me like crazy that when we have the "default" loading page open, and we click a Favorite that it doesn't open right in that page but instead opens a New Tab, thus there's a useless extra tab open.
Could you all fix that..., make an "exception" for NOT opening in a New Tab when the default page is open?  Thanks

Suggestions recorded. ?

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

You can open the official website of Google Map, then search a word in Google Map, then use %s to replace the word, copy the link, then add the link to search engine, and set it as the default. Attached a video for your reference.

Hello, I believe I've got the search engines defined correctly - please check the screenshot below.

More importantly though, I'm not talking about functionality of the Default search engine. The Default one works just fine, no matter which search engine I choose to promote to the default. I'm talking about non-functional MX6 engine keywords of all the rest of (non-default) search engines. These keywords no longer trigger appropriate search actions like they used to in previous MX6 releases. 

Example: I have "My Google" set as a default search engine but want to invoke search for "Canada" string using Seznam. It should suffice to write "sz Canada" in the address bar, right? In actuality the "sz" prefix does not trigger the Seznam.cz search engine like it should, instead "My Google" search engine is used to search for "sz+Canada" text string, which is wrong. I hope I have clarified the problem now sufficiently so it could be relayed to your developers and fixed.

image.png.a2e2d0eb87e3e50fa8e24d7ba65119d0.png

I was hoping to see more options in the settings wherewith you can tweak your browser to how you exactly want?

I dont mean to be rude cause it might be considered disrespectful a bit that i suggest other browsers their settings but have yall looked at slimbrowser settings?

But since this is a chrome based browser (you already copied google chrome) so i suggest you copy other browsers their settings also

Or just add the normal settings of google chrome itself... i would love to see more settings/options in MX6 

Google chrome settings/options has grown since the beginning of chrome there are more choice and tweaks to be done in options/settings now MX6 should get more things in the settings

21 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Could you please add back MX5 feature that prevents accidental closure of locked tabs

In MX6 if you draw the close tab gesture it can close even locked tabs 

Please add confirmation dialogue with locked tabs

Suggestion recorded. ?

3 hours ago, BenReiley said:

I was hoping to see more options in the settings wherewith you can tweak your browser to how you exactly want?

I dont mean to be rude cause it might be considered disrespectful a bit that i suggest other browsers their settings but have yall looked at slimbrowser settings?

But since this is a chrome based browser (you already copied google chrome) so i suggest you copy other browsers their settings also

Or just add the normal settings of google chrome itself... i would love to see more settings/options in MX6 

Google chrome settings/options has grown since the beginning of chrome there are more choice and tweaks to be done in options/settings now MX6 should get more things in the settings

We will continue optimizing the Maxthon 6 browser. If you'd like to add some special settings, please send screenshots of the functions to me. I will report to the product team. ?

On 1/26/2021 at 3:55 PM, phoenix-76 said:

Hello, I believe I've got the search engines defined correctly - please check the screenshot below.

More importantly though, I'm not talking about functionality of the Default search engine. The Default one works just fine, no matter which search engine I choose to promote to the default. I'm talking about non-functional MX6 engine keywords of all the rest of (non-default) search engines. These keywords no longer trigger appropriate search actions like they used to in previous MX6 releases. 

Example: I have "My Google" set as a default search engine but want to invoke search for "Canada" string using Seznam. It should suffice to write "sz Canada" in the address bar, right? In actuality the "sz" prefix does not trigger the Seznam.cz search engine like it should, instead "My Google" search engine is used to search for "sz+Canada" text string, which is wrong. I hope I have clarified the problem now sufficiently so it could be relayed to your developers and fixed.

Thank you! Bug reported. ?

1 hour ago, Pablo(92131) said:

Every time I try to use the Snap Screen (Ctrl + F1) screen capture function, the screen behind Maxthon comes to the front and I cannot get back to Maxthon to capture the screen on the browser.

Hi there, this issue will be fixed in the next version. ?

Archived