MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.1.400

BugSir006

Mouse gestures are still broken. If you go to YouTube and activate your "Page top" or "Page bottom" mouse gesture, the video will stop or restart playing instead of moving page up / down. Similar thing happens on pages with textfields like on this forum. If you put the text cursor in some textfield (for example search box above), the mouse gestures stop working.

The other mouse gesture is also still broken:
1. Set up mouse gesture like this: "Hold right mouse then left click" to "Close current tab"
2. Set Settings -> Tab -> Close tab -> After closing a tab, switch to: Last visited tab
3. Click a link on some page so that a new TAB opens and focuses (you can click on the link in my next post below this one for example).
4. When the new TAB opens, use the "Hold right mouse then left click" mouse gesture to close it.
5. After the TAB closes, you will be taken to the last active TAB and then this tab will automatically go one page back!

Snap screen and all other non-Aero bugs are still not fixed.

BugSir006, can you get any information or confirmation on whether or not all the bugs with Maxthon running on non-Aero themes in Windows will ever be fixed? Chrome does not have these bugs so I guess they can all be fixed, but since they are so old in Maxthon and still not addressed, I would like to know if there are any plans at all. Thanks.

I just noticed that this version breaks the hardware acceleration compatibility, at least with my system. So hardware / 3D acceleration doesn't work anymore even if "Use hardware acceleration mode" is enabled in settings. You can test this by going to Google Maps and trying to see the Earth or the buildings on the map in 3D. If this view is not available then your HW acceleration doesn't work.

I found an apparent solution by opening chrome://flags/ page and enabling the "Override software rendering list" setting. But, we're already in the hacking territory here with these things.

WebGL does otherwise work https://get.webgl.org / https://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/BlacklistsAndWhitelists

This is apparently a Chromium issue though.

Also, the "Customize UI" button on the top right crashes the browser.

18 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Mouse gestures are still broken. If you go to YouTube and activate your "Page top" or "Page bottom" mouse gesture, the video will stop or restart playing instead of moving page up / down. Similar thing happens on pages with textfields like on this forum. If you put the text cursor in some textfield (for example search box above), the mouse gestures stop working.

Snap screen and all other non-Aero bugs are still not fixed.

Known bugs are still being analyzed. ?

The other mouse gesture is also still broken:
1. Set up mouse gesture like this: "Hold right mouse then left click" to "Close current tab"
2. Set Settings -> Tab -> Close tab -> After closing a tab, switch to: Last visited tab
3. Click a link on some page so that a new TAB opens and focuses (you can click on the link in my next post below this one for example).
4. When the new TAB opens, use the "Hold right mouse then left click" mouse gesture to close it.
5. After the TAB closes, you will be taken to the last active TAB and then this tab will automatically go one page back!
NEW OBSERVATION: I noticed that this only happens if Maxthon is maximized. If it is windowed then this doesn't happen.

We tried testing this issue but haven't reproduced. It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of it. Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

I just noticed that this version breaks the hardware acceleration compatibility, at least with my system. So hardware / 3D acceleration doesn't work anymore even if "Use hardware acceleration mode" is enabled in settings. You can test this by going to Google Maps and trying to see the Earth or the buildings on the map in 3D. If this view is not available then your HW acceleration doesn't work.

Hi there, I tried testing this issue, the 3D view is normal.

test.jpg

TEST2.jpg

Also, the "Customize UI" button on the top right crashes the browser.

On the Windows 7 system? Could you send the crash report to us?

5 hours ago, caligula73 said:

need a proxy switcher198875659_.png.1cb4937b46627837368e6e478a83ae97.png 

will be?

This suggestion has been forwarded to the product team. Would you like to use this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-switchyomega/padekgcemlokbadohgkifijomclgjgif?hl=en-US

2 minutes ago, Perplexer said:

BugSir006, I am not talking about Street View on Google maps! I am talking about 3D map rendering and globe view! Of course it's possible that it works on your PC but on mine it doesn't. But like I said before, I think this is a "problem" in Chromium generally.

Could you send the specific URL to me?

BugSir006, I don't know if you even understand me. There is probably nothing you can do. It seems to be how Chromium works. There is the same "problem" on Google Chrome. My system (graphics) is old and Chromium maybe doesn't support it fully anymore (ATI HD5770 from 2009). But like I said, I can solve the problem for now by enabling "Override software rendering list" in chrome://flags/ . I just wrote this in case some other user has the same problems.

I'm also experiencing this mouse gesture bug, it happens 100% of the time when using the double click gestures, right click + left click or right click + scroll click. 

If I'm in full screen it will instantly do a mouse down gesture and in windowed mode it will do it from top left to down right.

I'm on windows 7 x64, resolution: 2560 x 1440, one monitor

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

This suggestion has been forwarded to the product team. Would you like to use this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-switchyomega/padekgcemlokbadohgkifijomclgjgif?hl=en-US

Could you send the specific URL to me?

in mx5 i use 3 url

https://antizapret.prostovpn.org/proxy.pac 
https://www.proxynova.com/proxy.pac 
https://config.anticenz.org/proxy.pac 
662814555_.thumb.png.41e8173c88c6a9d179ca3ccea7bb1d53.png

1 hour ago, Magdalene said:

@Perplexer.

You need to turn off Hardware acceleration in Chrome now as well. With it enabled Chrome takes a long time to start up. It's a general Chromium/Chrome problem. Google Earth works for me with "Override software rendering list" enabled.

If I turn off Hardware Acceleration then I can't view the 3D version of Google Maps at all. That is a pre-requisite. In addition to that, I now have to ENABLE "Override software rendering list". At the "Default" setting 3D maps still won't work. Honestly I don't know when this became an issue since I don't use Google Chrome as my main browser. I just noticed it when Maxthon 6.1.1.400 came out. But since this version's changelog says "New Chromium 88", I suspect it is the Chromium 88 version that introduced this problem for me. But again, this is how it is on my system. People with newer computers may not have this issue.

2 hours ago, dezinto said:

New Glitch on youtube: 

start MX * go to youtube and login * watch videos (or not) * exit MX * start MX again * watch message about incorrect MX exit * go to youtube * login again

watch videos (or not) * exit MX ... REPEAT UNTIL MAD

Yep, I can actually confirm this, too. Terrible. Good thing I went back to MX5. MX6 is far too buggy!

saying true, today I CAN'T UNDERSTAND MX-TEAM INTENSIONS. 20 years Maxthon was the REAL alterbative browser.

And now it's just a chrome-hybride application with a lot possible bugs which original chrome not contents.

More than pity. Since MX6 I must keep a second browser like Firefox or Opera...

7 hours ago, dezinto said:

saying true, today I CAN'T UNDERSTAND MX-TEAM INTENSIONS. 20 years Maxthon was the REAL alterbative browser.

And now it's just a chrome-hybride application with a lot possible bugs which original chrome not contents.

More than pity. Since MX6 I must keep a second browser like Firefox or Opera...

I completely agree. Maxthon lost all its originality and became just one of the Chrom clones :(

Yes. At first I though it was a nice thing but then I saw that with this change, it also inherited a lot of things from Chrome that were previously a lot better in Maxthon.

For example the download manager. I liked how Maxthon 5 downloaded files were listed and managed in one central window. But in MX6, downloaded files are shown in the bar at the bottom of the screeen which you have to constantly close on X on the other side of the screen.

It's just one of terribly annoying things that are now worse than before. And then add the many bugs that it has compared to Chrome, and you literally have no reason to keep MX6 installed. I went back to using MX5 as primary and Chrome as secondary browser, like I was doing all the time before. There is no need for MX6 in this scenario.

Archived