MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.0.2300

BugSir006

1 hour ago, leeuniverse said:

The "Updater" in the browser hasn't been working for awhile...

If I want to use a new version I have to manually uninstall/download the browser.

Sorry, usually, the beta version won't be updated automatically. It will be updated automatically after fixing some serious crashes.

4 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

The "Updater" in the browser hasn't been working for awhile...

If I want to use a new version I have to manually uninstall/download the browser.

Just install it. It will update it automatically. No need to uninstall first.

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry, usually, the beta version won't be updated automatically. It will be updated automatically after fixing some serious crashes.

You of course know you've given us the "option" now whether we want to "update automatically", be "notified" or "never check for updates"?

Since you apparently don't want Beta to update automatically, then just set the default setting as either never check or to notify us, and then we can choose if we want to update or not.  I would think you would want us to update also so that way when we are reporting issues we have the latest version.  So, I don't understand your reasoning here to not allow us to update through the browser.

8 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

You of course know you've given us the "option" now whether we want to "update automatically", be "notified" or "never check for updates"?

Since you apparently don't want Beta to update automatically, then just set the default setting as either never check or to notify us, and then we can choose if we want to update or not.  I would think you would want us to update also so that way when we are reporting issues we have the latest version.  So, I don't understand your reasoning here to not allow us to update through the browser.

Suggestion reported. ?

Can you maybe come up with an alternative icon design for Night Mode ? It looks like a "Star and crescent" symbol of Islam (flag of Turkey, Algeria, Pakistan, ...)! There must be a better / neutral symbol you can use! If you just remove the star and leave only the crescent moon, it would already be better.

Image1.png

Maxthon Snap20201222133953.png

13 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Can you maybe come up with an alternative icon design for Night Mode ? It looks like a "Star and crescent" symbol of Islam (flag of Turkey, Algeria, Pakistan, ...)! There must be a better / neutral symbol you can use! If you just remove the star and leave only the crescent moon, it would already be better.

Suggestion recorded. ?

Damn this mouse gesture bug (hold right mouse button + left click for "close tab") is totally killing me! It keeps triggering the "back" action on the tab that gets selected after the last tab closes. I did report this bug but no fix yet. This is the core of my browsing habits and it's one thing that might actually drive me back to Maxthon 5. I'll probably revert to MX5 if the next beta update doesn't fix it. It's really disappointing cause I got to love MX6 more than any other version before but I just can't work with this issue cause it's really impacting my workflow constantly. ?

And also the audio is tearing in the background if using non-Aero themes. There are just too many bugs that don't get fixed.

Hello.. can someone help me please.. when i full screen on youtube with maxthon6 i get error readings and also sometimes the resolution changes but when i do a full screen on the same video but then on another browser (Edge and Opera and Slimjet and Comodo and Chrome) i do not get this.. can someone tell me what i need to do within maxthon6 itself in order to fix this? The browser in this video is Edge... vs MX6.. in MX6 i get a green screen and also a resolution malfunction when i do full screen on a video on youtube.... and i have noticed it also on other video playing sites like daily motion and any other video playing site ...

Just now, BenReiley said:

Hello.. can someone help me please.. when i full screen on youtube with maxthon6 i get error readings and also sometimes the resolution changes but when i do a full screen on the same video but then on another browser (Edge and Opera and Slimjet and Comodo and Chrome) i do not get this.. can someone tell me what i need to do within maxthon6 itself in order to fix this? The browser in this video is Edge... vs MX6.. in MX6 i get a green screen and also a resolution malfunction when i do full screen on a video on youtube.... and i have noticed it also on other video playing sites like daily motion and any other video playing site ...

malfunction.avi

I put a 24 seconds video to show what happens...

1 hour ago, BenReiley said:

malfunction.avi

I put a 24 seconds video to show what happens...

Thank you for your video. Issue reported. ?

Hello.. can i ask something? My google is changing search sometimes into chinese.. how can i stop this? I begin english but then as i continue to use it the google language changes into chinese.. how can i stop this?

On 12/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, 9353309 said:

Thanks for Resource Sniffer! And btw if I'm good with MX5 is it worth to go to MX6 or better wait for final (not beta) version?

Test MX6 and then you will see.. it is not without errors but if you use it just for small things then it would be alright... MX5

1 hour ago, BenReiley said:

Hello.. can i ask something? My google is changing search sometimes into chinese.. how can i stop this? I begin english but then as i continue to use it the google language changes into chinese.. how can i stop this?

Hi there, you can try setting the browser language, system language and the system region to the English-speaking country.

Archived