MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.0.2100


Recommended Posts

  • BugSir006 changed the title to MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.0.2100

SAVING WEBPAGE BUG:

I know you supposedly fixed a "type issue when saving the webpage" but here is another one, lol:

If the title of the webpage ends with .com then the file name in the "Save as" window will not have a *.html / *.mhtml suffix added to it and will be saved without it on the hard drive. For example, go to https://www.24ur.com/ and then press CTRL+S to open the "Save as" window.

Image2.png

Edited by Perplexer
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I noticed really "fixed" is the Maxthon taskbar icon in Windows 7 (although it is still the same in normal and incognito mode). Overall, this version is not worth a release. With the amount of bugs reported in the thread for the 6.1.0.2000 version, it would be better to release it a week later and fix some more bugs. The mouse gestures bugs which I reported are really killing my browsing experience.

Edited by Perplexer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

AUDIO GLITCHING / STUTTERING:

Windows 7 64-bit

Continuing with Maxthon 6 issues ..... I noticed that the audio on YouTube videos is glitching a lot in Maxthon. It amplifies if I am browsing other tabs/pages while the video is playing. This only occurs in Maxthon 6 (current version 6.1.0.2100 Beta, I did not test on previous version). It does NOT occur in Google Chrome or Firefox. I only tested this with YouTube.

I recorded a short audio sample in WAV format so you can hear exactly what it sounds like.
Clip used (first 19 seconds): 

Sound003.wav

 

EDIT:

I found out that the problem goes away if I uncheck the "Use hardware acceleration mode (if available)" option in Settings -> Advanced -> System.

However, I do have "Use hardware acceleration when available" ENABLED in Google Chrome and there are no problems there. So it appears there is some sort of a problem with that feature in Maxthon!

Maxthon Snap20201206033021.png

EDIT 2:

After more testing I discovered this audio tearing problem only appears when using non-Aero visual themes in Windows 7 (Windows 7 Baisic, Windows Classic, ...). Enabling any Aero theme will make the problem disappear even with "Use hardware acceleration mode (if available)" enabled.

Edited by Perplexer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Perplexer said:

AUDIO GLITCHING / STUTTERING:

Windows 7 64-bit

Continuing with Maxthon 6 issues ..... I noticed that the audio on YouTube videos is glitching a lot in Maxthon. It amplifies if I am browsing other tabs/pages while the video is playing. This only occurs in Maxthon 6 (current version 6.1.0.2100 Beta, I did not test on previous version). It does NOT occur in Google Chrome or Firefox. I only tested this with YouTube.

I recorded a short audio sample in WAV format so you can hear exactly what it sounds like.
Clip used (first 19 seconds): 

Sound003.wav 3.35 MB · 2 downloads

 

EDIT:

I found out that the problem goes away if I uncheck the "Use hardware acceleration mode (if available)" option in Settings -> Advanced -> System.

However, I do have "Use hardware acceleration when available" ENABLED in Google Chrome and there are no problems there. So it appears there is some sort of a problem with that feature in Maxthon!

Maxthon Snap20201206033021.png

Just tried your the above video and soundwave on 6.1.0.2100 with several other tabs open and did not experience any stuttering at all. And I have those same options checked in Settings. Don't know what to suggest, sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It could very well be hardware / driver dependant. My system is from 2009 (Core i7-920, 12GB DDR3, Radeon HD5770 on Windows 7 64-bit). It's unfortunate because I don't have this problem in Chrome and I didn't have it in MX5. Well, at least disabling the "hardware acceleration" helps.

EDIT:
I have the same audio tearing problem while playing audio from music streaming sites, so it's not just YouTube.

Edited by Perplexer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I did some more research and since I know that there have been a lot of issues in the past with Maxthon being buggy in non-Aero themes in Windows 7 (I reported one such bug with the "Snap Screen" tool in the previous thread at https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/25074-mx6-pc-official-release-6102000/&do=findComment&comment=132326 ), I wanted to give that a try even if it seemed far-fetched. But sure enough, once I switched from my basic theme (Windows Classic) to an Aero theme, the audio tearing stopped, even with "hardware acceleration" enabled.

So, apparently one more bug to add to the list of Maxthon non-Aero theme bugs, next to the "Snap Screen" one.

Edited by Perplexer
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SUGGESTION 1:

Add option in Settings to enable showing full URL in address bar ( http:// or https:// ).

 

SUGGESTION 2:

Add option to SAVE or OPEN a file when clicking on it.
This was already suggested by another user but I want to suggest it again because it's just really very much wanted. :-)

You can sort of get a file to open automatically if you do it in the style of Chrome where you download it once and then click on the arrow down below next to the downloaded file and select "Always open files of this type". But I don't know how to deactivate this after it has been set, so I suggest you don't do it! And also, it doesn't just open the file, it also downloads it into the pre-set download path instead of into the Windows temp / temporary folder like MX5 did it. It's a Chrome-like mess.

Edited by Perplexer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 10:32 PM, Perplexer said:

SAVING WEBPAGE BUG:

I know you supposedly fixed a "type issue when saving the webpage" but here is another one, lol:

If the title of the webpage ends with .com then the file name in the "Save as" window will not have a *.html / *.mhtml suffix added to it and will be saved without it on the hard drive. For example, go to https://www.24ur.com/ and then press CTRL+S to open the "Save as" window.

Image2.png

Bug reported. 😊

On 12/5/2020 at 10:55 PM, Perplexer said:

The mouse gestures bugs which I reported are really killing my browsing experience.

Hi there, could you describe this issue in detail? Did I reply to you about this issue?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 10:22 AM, Perplexer said:

AUDIO GLITCHING / STUTTERING:

Windows 7 64-bit

Continuing with Maxthon 6 issues ..... I noticed that the audio on YouTube videos is glitching a lot in Maxthon. It amplifies if I am browsing other tabs/pages while the video is playing. This only occurs in Maxthon 6 (current version 6.1.0.2100 Beta, I did not test on previous version). It does NOT occur in Google Chrome or Firefox. I only tested this with YouTube.

I recorded a short audio sample in WAV format so you can hear exactly what it sounds like.
Clip used (first 19 seconds): 

Sound003.wav 3.35 MB · 8 downloads

 

EDIT:

I found out that the problem goes away if I uncheck the "Use hardware acceleration mode (if available)" option in Settings -> Advanced -> System.

However, I do have "Use hardware acceleration when available" ENABLED in Google Chrome and there are no problems there. So it appears there is some sort of a problem with that feature in Maxthon!

Maxthon Snap20201206033021.png

EDIT 2:

After more testing I discovered this audio tearing problem only appears when using non-Aero visual themes in Windows 7 (Windows 7 Baisic, Windows Classic, ...). Enabling any Aero theme will make the problem disappear even with "Use hardware acceleration mode (if available)" enabled.

Thank you for your detailed information. Issue reported. 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Perplexer said:

SUGGESTION 1:

Add option in Settings to enable showing full URL in address bar ( http:// or https:// ).

 

SUGGESTION 2:

Add option to SAVE or OPEN a file when clicking on it.
This was already suggested by another user but I want to suggest it again because it's just really very much wanted. 🙂

You can sort of get a file to open automatically if you do it in the style of Chrome where you download it once and then tlick on the arrow down below next to the downloaded file and select "Always open files of this type" . But I don't know how to deactivate this after it has been set (so don't do it!) and also, it doesn't just open the file, it also downloads it, into the pre-set download path instead of into the Windows temp / temporary folder like MX5 did it. It's a Chrome style mess.

Suggestions recorded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

BugSir006, yes, In was referring to the MOUSE GESTURES BUG #1 and #2 which I reported in the other thread. You did reply to those. I hope you reported both to the developers to fix. :-)

I do have another question:
How do I UNDO the "Always open files of this type" action once I set it ? It seems like there is no option for this available.

 

Image1.png

Edited by Perplexer
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they can keep Maxhon based on Chromium but still customize certain parts of it to work like they did in Maxthon 5 (like the translator, file download management, proxy management, page zoom, mute and split-view buttons on the bottom, ...), Maxthon 6 would literally be an unbeatable browser!

One of the most annoying thing for me is clicking X to close the file download banner at the bottom of the screen after I download a file. MX5 download manager was so much better.

The engine itself seems to be mostly great otherwise. I don't have YouTube video frame drops anymore in full-screen mode which I was living with for ages. There is also no more download file corruption from sites like MEGA.co.nz which was never fixed.

Overall there hasn't been a Maxthon release with more good fixes than MX6, even though it turned out it is still in its infancy and has quite a few annoying bugs to iron out.

Edited by Perplexer
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Perplexer said:

BugSir006, yes, In was referring to the MOUSE GESTURES BUG #1 and #2 which I reported in the other thread. You did reply to those. I hope you reported both to the developers to fix. 🙂

I do have another question:
How do I UNDO the "Always open files of this type" action once I set it ? It seems like there is no option for this available.

 

Image1.png

To cancel this option, you can uncheck it. Attached a video for your reference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Perplexer said:

There is also no more download file corruption from sites like MEGA.co.nz which was never fixed.

Could you describe this issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of this issue or the specific URL of this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I noticed that unlike in MX5 the locked/pinned tabs in MX6 can still be closed without any warning using "close tab" mouse gesture. My understanding is that a locked tab should stay locked until deliberately unlocked by a user, hence I consider the current behavior to be a bug.

Secondary, could you please add a "lock tab" command among assignable mouse gestures like it used to be in previous MX5 (and older) versions of Maxthon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

To cancel this option, you can uncheck it. Attached a video for your reference.

But what if you close that download manager bar / banner at the bottom of the screen ?? You can't get it back for the filetype that you activated "Always open" for. It only appeard for filetypes that don't have "Auto open" set !

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you describe this issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of this issue or the specific URL of this issue.

Like I mentioned, it is a problem in Maxthon 5. Downloading large files from some websites sometimes causes corruption. I noticed this while downloading from MEGA.nz, but only in MX5, so even though the site has a weird way of downloading files, it works just fine in other browsers. I suspect MX6 works fine, too, but I didn't test it yet so I didn't make any reports.

Anyway, the best way to reproduce it is to create a RAR file of around 700 - 1000 MB and upload it to MEGA.nz and then download it with MX5. If the file is large enough, there's a good chance that it will download corrupted. Since it's a RAR file, this will be easy to notice because WinRAR will report the file as being corrupted when you open it. It seems to be only affecting downloads though. Uploaded files are fine.

I was never able to pinpoint the cause since it was pretty time consuming to reproduce (uploading large files, clearing cashe after a non-corrupt download, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if the seemingly unrelated non-Aero theme issue was the culprit here, too, lol.

Edited by Perplexer
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Like I mentioned, it is a problem in Maxthon 5. Downloading large files from some websites sometimes causes corruption. I noticed this while downloading from MEGA.nz, but only in MX5, so even though the site has a weird way of downloading files, it works just fine in other browsers. I suspect MX6 works fine, too, but I didn't test it yet so I didn't make any reports.

Anyway, the best way to reproduce it is to create a RAR file of around 700 - 1000 MB and upload it to MEGA.nz and then download it with MX5. If the file is large enough, there's a good chance that it will download corrupted. Since it's a RAR file, this will be easy to notice because WinRAR will report the file as being corrupted when you open it. It seems to be only affecting downloads though. Uploaded files are fine.

I was never able to pinpoint the cause since it was pretty time consuming to reproduce (uploading large files, clearing cashe after a non-corrupt download, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if the seemingly unrelated non-Aero theme issue was the culprit here, too, lol.

+1. I also don't download in MX5 files larger 200Mb from mega and mediafire file hostings since it produces corrupted files in about 90% cases.

P.S. Sorry to post this in MX6 topic but since I've seen that problem was mentioned can't skip it since it only problem that I have with MX5 (except some sites says that I'm using old browser).

Edited by 9353309
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pethelprc said:

cant install max 6.1.0.2000 or beta 2100 get error "setup.exe-Entry point not found" the procedure entry point EventRegister could not be located in dynamic link library ADVAPI32.DLL

Can't load maxthon_portable_6.1.0.2000_x86, error says not a valid win32 application

Could you let me know the system information of your device? Maxthon 6 browser cannot be installed on the Windows XP system, it can be installed on the Windows 7/8/10 system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Perplexer said:

But what if you close that download manager bar / banner at the bottom of the screen ?? You can't get it back for the filetype that you activated "Always open" for. It only appeard for filetypes that don't have "Auto open" set !

Suggestion reported. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Like I mentioned, it is a problem in Maxthon 5. Downloading large files from some websites sometimes causes corruption. I noticed this while downloading from MEGA.nz, but only in MX5, so even though the site has a weird way of downloading files, it works just fine in other browsers. I suspect MX6 works fine, too, but I didn't test it yet so I didn't make any reports.

Anyway, the best way to reproduce it is to create a RAR file of around 700 - 1000 MB and upload it to MEGA.nz and then download it with MX5. If the file is large enough, there's a good chance that it will download corrupted. Since it's a RAR file, this will be easy to notice because WinRAR will report the file as being corrupted when you open it. It seems to be only affecting downloads though. Uploaded files are fine.

I was never able to pinpoint the cause since it was pretty time consuming to reproduce (uploading large files, clearing cashe after a non-corrupt download, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if the seemingly unrelated non-Aero theme issue was the culprit here, too, lol.

Hi there, I tried to test this issue. The large file can be downloaded through the Maxthon 6.

test.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that while visiting a certain website with Maxthon 6, the black Command Prompt window briefly pops up with "NOT SANDBOXED" written inside. It closes immediately so I had to use my phone camera to record it to see that text.

For now I only noticed it on one specific website:
https://music.163.com/#/album?id=35555370

It's not always, but it is more often than not. When I don't see it, I close the tab and wait 10-20 seconds and then try again. Sooner or later it will appear again. I don't see it when using MX5 or other browsers.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it Maxthon or website related?

I'm Googling it and seeing that this thing was seen before by people. Somebody suggested it may be Adobe Flash related.

Edited by Perplexer
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Perplexer said:

I noticed that while visiting a certain website with Maxthon 6, the black Command Prompt window briefly pops up with "NOT SANDBOXED" written inside. It closes immediately so I had to use my phone camera to record it to see that text.

For now I only noticed it on one specific website:
https://music.163.com/#/album?id=35555370

It's not always, but it is more often than not. When I don't see it, I close the tab and wait 10-20 seconds and then try again. Sooner or later it will appear again. I don't see it when using MX5 or other browsers.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it Maxthon or website related?

I'm Googling it and seeing that this thing was seen before by people. Somebody suggested it may be Adobe Flash related.

Hi there, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide a short video of this issue? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.