MX6 PC Official Release 6.1.0.2000

BugSir006

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! This one better version, but some issues exist in the latest Maxthon 6:
1. Positioning still doesn't work.
2. There is no scroll bar at the bottom of the folder with many bookmarks. Just the "MORE" button, which navigates to the bookmark manager. Therefore, I can't use the other bookmarks directly.

image.thumb.png.9aaf6f379194e70437775f632fbec30e.png

Maxthon 5 has a scroll bar and I can use the bookmarks in the other columns directly.

image.thumb.png.acf7f0ef10fe6e425ceb90647c4612fa.png

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hey Maxers, 

Welcome to having a try of the brand new release!

Version 6.1.0.2000

For the full release note and changelog: click here

Also available on Maxthon's official website

https://www.maxthon.com/

Happy browser and leave your comment!

Sorry but there is a permanent gmail loop via Maxthon 6 versions! Impossible to login, after trying to login into gmail account it redirects me back to login page! And this is not because of Windows (I use Win 8.1) , I noticed it may happen also with other few chrome based browsers I already used in the past but not with all. However login into google/gmail via a Maxthon 5 version is OK. The problem is already reported as I noticed, why you don`t look inside? I stopped to use Maxthon 6 because of this.

Apparently there issue with twitch. It automatically changes qualityeven if I'm choosing source when I'm leaving tab (Vivaldi doesn't do this) and also it doesn't change quality of stream when I'm changing it. Settings gear on player will spin but quality won't change until you refresh page. Also you can't change lancguage on Youtube. I have English set on MX5 and can\t do it on MX6. Page refreshes but language stays in russian.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:43 PM, TarMaster said:

Could you describe this issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you can provide a screenshot or short video.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:43 PM, TarMaster said:

2. There is no scroll bar at the bottom of the folder with many bookmarks. Just the "MORE" button, which navigates to the bookmark manager. Therefore, I can't use the other bookmarks directly.

Suggestion recorded. 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:03 AM, kingm78 said:

64-bit Portable Version download doest work

Try to download again, please.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:01 AM, 12943046 said:

Sorry but there is a permanent gmail loop via Maxthon 6 versions! Impossible to login, after trying to login into gmail account it redirects me back to login page! And this is not because of Windows (I use Win 8.1) , I noticed it may happen also with other few chrome based browsers I already used in the past but not with all. However login into google/gmail via a Maxthon 5 version is OK. The problem is already reported as I noticed, why you don`t look inside? I stopped to use Maxthon 6 because of this.

Could you provide a short video of this issue? I will forward it to the dev team.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, roguelike said:

Apparently there issue with twitch. It automatically changes qualityeven if I'm choosing source when I'm leaving tab (Vivaldi doesn't do this) and also it doesn't change quality of stream when I'm changing it. Settings gear on player will spin but quality won't change until you refresh page.

I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of it.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, roguelike said:

Also you can't change lancguage on Youtube. I have English set on MX5 and can\t do it on MX6. Page refreshes but language stays in russian.

Attached screenshots for your reference.

language.jpglanguage2.jpg

BUG report (Windows 7 64-bit, Maxthon 6.1.0.2000 (64-bit)):

1. Press CTRL+S to open the page "Save As" window.

2. In the "Save as type:" field select "Webpage, Single File (*.mhtml)". File extension in the "File name" field above will change to *.mhtml

3. Press Save to save the file.

4. Press CTRL+S to open the page "Save As" window again. "Save as type" field will still be set to "Webpage, Single File (*.mhtml)" but the file name above will have the incorrect *.html extension set.

4. If you press Save, the file will be saved in the correct format but with an incorrect *.html extension which will cause it not to open/render properly when double-clicking on it.

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you describe this issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you can provide a screenshot or short video.

Suggestion recorded. 

Try to download again, please.

Could you provide a short video of this issue? I will forward it to the dev team.

I already uninstalled Maxthon 6 version because of this problem. Cannot use a browser which does not syncronize with my google account and redirects me all the time to google login page when I try to login into gmail! I keep only Maxthon 5 for the moment which has not this problem and works OK. The problem is already discussed here in the forum from November but no solution, as I noticed. Maxthon 6 and gmail loop Thanks

SUGGESTION:

Restore or re-do Maxthon taskbar icons, preferably to the ones from Maxthon 5. Icon in Maxthon 6 is downright ugly (at least in Win7), and is the same if you use the normal instance or the "incognito" instance of Maxthon. Maxthon 5 used a nice bright blue colored icon for the normal window and a distinguishable icon for the Private window.

Image taken in Windows 7 64-bit.

Maxthon.png

12 hours ago, BugSir006 said:
On 11/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, TarMaster said:

Hello! Here is a little video about the problem. With latest Microsoft Edge v87.0.664.52 positioning work fine.

7 hours ago, 12943046 said:

I already uninstalled Maxthon 6 version because of this problem. Cannot use a browser which does not syncronize with my google account and redirects me all the time to google login page when I try to login into gmail! I keep only Maxthon 5 for the moment which has not this problem and works OK. The problem is already discussed here in the forum from November but no solution, as I noticed. Maxthon 6 and gmail loop Thanks

@projektilskisent the private messages to me said he/she reinstalled the Windows system and issue solved. Could you provide a short video of this issue? Or could we check this issue remotely?

Archived