Maxthon 3 - Importing Magic Fill to Another PC

mistermister

12 hours ago, mistermister said:

Hi there,

I installed Maxthon 3 on a different computer. The computer that had Maxthon 3 originally is not working properly. The Maxthon 3 on that computer had Magic Fill.

How do I get that same Magic Fill (with my username and passwords) on another computer?

You can install the Maxthon 6, log in to your browser account then open Passkeeper.

Passkeeper in Maxthon 6.jpg

I did as you instructed but the exact website wasn't included in my Maxthon account (I used BOTH Maxthon 3 and Maxthon 5 back in 2015).

But I did come across this page:

image.thumb.png.d0b7198765bf6bc0b2d5b8b0465421aa.png

On following 'ody's' advice, I transferred ALL my data to my new pc but "AppData" and "Roaming" appear to be hidden folders.

Do these files need to land in those exact folders?

After the transfer, there was no change on my Maxthon 3 browser. Thanks for your help.

34 minutes ago, mistermister said:

I did as you instructed but the exact website wasn't included in my Maxthon account (I used BOTH Maxthon 3 and Maxthon 5 back in 2015).

Could you provide a screenshot or short video of this issue? The passwords data haven't been imported fully?

34 minutes ago, mistermister said:

On following 'ody's' advice, I transferred ALL my data to my new pc but "AppData" and "Roaming" appear to be hidden folders.

Maxthon 5 and Maxthon 6 are different browsers, so the data could not be pasted directly, it probably cause the crash issue.

To find the folder "AppData," you can press the keyboard "Win+R," run "%appdata%." 

run.png

On 12/1/2020 at 6:49 AM, mistermister said:

Thanks. I did this. But now, Maxthon (version 3) won't open newer websites like https://www.blockchain.com/.

Should I transfer the old 2015 data files to Maxthon 6 instead?

Would that even work?  

Hi there, we recommend you to use the Maxthon 6 browser, the kernel of Maxthon 3 is too low. The data of Maxthon 3 cannot be pasted to Maxthon 6, it will cause crash.

You can log in to Maxthon 6, the data will be imported automatically to Maxthon 6 at the first login.

Archived