BugSir006

When you encounter a crash, if it can be reproduced by some specific steps:

Then,

It is highly appreciated that if you can tell us :

• the specific steps that cause the crash;
  • The browser version you are using;
  • provide us the crash data

Ps:  Two methods to get your crash data: 

1. You can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%appdata%" and press the keyboard "Enter" > go back to the folder "AppData" > open the folder "Local" > find the folder "Maxthon" > open the folder "Application" > "User Data" > "Crashpad" > "reports" > compress this folder and send it to us. 
  2. You can also find it directly from the following path: C:\Users\#Your User Name#\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Crashpad\reports. The whole complete reports folder will be highly appreciated instead of only certain .txt document in it. 

Dingtalk_20201117104820.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, cherey said:

Maxthon starts and disappear within 3 seconds. Here is the last attached files in "Crashpad\reports" folder.

reports.rar 564.88 kB · 0 downloads

Hi cherey, thank you for your feedback. Would you let me know the version number of your browser and describe the steps cause the crash?

Could you reproduce the crash frequently?

The problem occurred when installing beta version 1400 (portable) over version 1305. The following occurred:

1. I always use the portable x64 versions on Windows 7 x64 on 2 computers (A, B) at home and a third computer (C) at work with Windows 10 x64.

2. On computer A, I installed version 1400 (over the previous 1305). Maxthon stopped remembering automatic login and asked for username and password. After 3 seconds, it closed automatically. I proceeded to manually copy an older date backup of the bookmarks onto the BOOKMARKS file and it worked. Maxthon started successfully.

3. The same thing happened on computer B. I installed version 1400 (over 1305) and maxthon asked for username and password. Once opened, it closed automatically after 3 seconds. I then proceeded to manually copy all the files from computer A to computer B (deleting all of the above). Maxthon started normally, but had lost the passwords stored in Passkeeper.

4. I went back to computer A and found that I had also lost the Passkeeper passwords.

5. I manually recovered the Passkeeper passwords from an earlier date on computer B and then noticed that computer A had successfully synchronized and recovered the passwords automatically.

6. Computer C with Windows 10 is still with version 1305 and does not synchronize bookmarks and has not lost Passkeeper passwords, but I have not dared to install version 1400 on it because this computer is from work and is very far from those of the home.

7. I have observed that computers A and B (with version 1400) now correctly synchronize the bookmarks with each other, but do not take into account what was added on computer C (version 1305).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cherey said:

The problem occurred when installing beta version 1400 (portable) over version 1305. The following occurred:

1. I always use the portable x64 versions on Windows 7 x64 on 2 computers (A, B) at home and a third computer (C) at work with Windows 10 x64.

2. On computer A, I installed version 1400 (over the previous 1305). Maxthon stopped remembering automatic login and asked for username and password. After 3 seconds, it closed automatically. I proceeded to manually copy an older date backup of the bookmarks onto the BOOKMARKS file and it worked. Maxthon started successfully.

3. The same thing happened on computer B. I installed version 1400 (over 1305) and maxthon asked for username and password. Once opened, it closed automatically after 3 seconds. I then proceeded to manually copy all the files from computer A to computer B (deleting all of the above). Maxthon started normally, but had lost the passwords stored in Passkeeper.

4. I went back to computer A and found that I had also lost the Passkeeper passwords.

5. I manually recovered the Passkeeper passwords from an earlier date on computer B and then noticed that computer A had successfully synchronized and recovered the passwords automatically.

6. Computer C with Windows 10 is still with version 1305 and does not synchronize bookmarks and has not lost Passkeeper passwords, but I have not dared to install version 1400 on it because this computer is from work and is very far from those of the home.

7. I have observed that computers A and B (with version 1400) now correctly synchronize the bookmarks with each other, but do not take into account what was added on computer C (version 1305).

Hi cherey, thank you for your reply.?

You mean you copied the folder "User Data" from 1305 then pasted it 1400? Do you have the browser account? This issue happened under the guest account?

1 hour ago, cherey said:

I installed version 1400 (over 1305) and maxthon asked for username and password. Once opened, it closed automatically after 3 seconds.

The "username and password" are your browser account info? Or website account info?

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

You mean you copied the folder "User Data" from 1305 then pasted it 1400? Do you have the browser account? This issue happened under the guest account?

The "username and password" are your browser account info? Or website account info?

Yes. I copied that folder under my own account. I don't use guest account.

Username and passowrd are my browser info.

20 hours ago, cherey said:

Yes. I copied that folder under my own account. I don't use guest account.

Username and passowrd are my browser info.

Hi cherey, thank you for your reply. The password data is encrypted, if you copy the account data then paste it to another device, the password data won't display. We recommend you to log in to your browser account directly, then the data will sync automatically. We will support the extension synchronization as soon as possible.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.2401 (64-bit) 0816 (installed) & previous version...

After installing, doesn't display quick launch, all plugins crash, can't click anything in Maxthon, but after exit & reload, is ok.

Here's the crashpad

Crashpad.7z 1.7 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your reply. It's a pity that there is no latest version crash report. ?

Dingtalk_20210819141605.jpg

17 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

Hello!

Version 6.1.2.2401 (64-bit) 0816 (installed) & previous version...

After installing, doesn't display quick launch, all plugins crash, can't click anything in Maxthon, but after exit & reload, is ok.

Here's the crashpad

Crashpad.7z 1.7 MB · 0 downloads

If you experience this issue again, please open the developer tools (F12), open Console, capture a screenshot then send it it me.?

Console.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 11/17/2020 at 3:46 AM, BugSir006 said:

When you encounter a crash, if it can be reproduced by some specific steps:

Then,

It is highly appreciated that if you can tell us :

• the specific steps that cause the crash;
  • The browser version you are using;
  • provide us the crash data

Ps:  Two methods to get your crash data: 

1. You can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%appdata%" and press the keyboard "Enter" > go back to the folder "AppData" > open the folder "Local" > find the folder "Maxthon" > open the folder "Application" > "User Data" > "Crashpad" > "reports" > compress this folder and send it to us. 
  2. You can also find it directly from the following path: C:\Users\#Your User Name#\AppData\Local\Maxthon\Application\User Data\Crashpad\reports. The whole complete reports folder will be highly appreciated instead of only certain .txt document in it. 

Dingtalk_20201117104820.jpg

Oke... so? i just put it here then? But WAIT are you and everybody else going to be able to see my internet history? HAHAHAH.. cause i was "coincidently" doing some nude female searching BUT ONLY for research purposes.. I wanted to know about "the nude female anatomy" for a self proclaimed science project and expending my knowledge on how the female body works and what would happen if they encounter "cylinder shaped foreign objects" like how a lion reacts in the wild to its prey... will you be able to see that?

If you will then i do not think it would be very smart for me to send you my crash data cause you "might" cause me to fail my "science project test for school" (job school-ish thingy i have going on in my life)... and i dont want to get an F in my class... so? will you be able to see my history or the tabs i have opened? (smile)

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BenReiley said:

Oke... so? i just put it here then? But WAIT are you and everybody else going to be able to see my internet history? HAHAHAH.. cause i was "coincidently" doing some nude female searching BUT ONLY for research purposes.. I wanted to know about "the nude female anatomy" for a self proclaimed science project and expending my knowledge on how the female body works and what would happen if they encounter "cylinder shaped foreign objects" like how a lion reacts in the wild to its prey... will you be able to see that?

If you will then i do not think it would be very smart for me to send you my crash data cause you "might" cause me to fail my "science project test for school" (job school-ish thingy i have going on in my life)... and i dont want to get an F in my class... so? will you be able to see my history or the tabs i have opened? (smile)

Hi BenReiley, the crash dmp doesn't have the personal data, it is the code info. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Please download this test version to try the tab crash ang video GPU issues.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19h7iHqIly57sgbUwMwWbwuHThF-k5y6G/view?usp=sharing

I tried this one just a few minutes ago and it crashes when i log in but when i go to the video/streaming websites it does not make my GPU spin anymore but it does make my GPU spin when i start the browser for the first time but after that it is silent.. but i will need to do some more testing cause i think i need an entire day.. i just looked at it for a few minutes cause i have to get ready to leave soon... but tonight i can test it more and see if my GPU spins at all when i go to the video/streaming websites...

2 hours ago, BenReiley said:

I tried this one just a few minutes ago and it crashes when i log in but when i go to the video/streaming websites it does not make my GPU spin anymore but it does make my GPU spin when i start the browser for the first time but after that it is silent.. but i will need to do some more testing cause i think i need an entire day.. i just looked at it for a few minutes cause i have to get ready to leave soon... but tonight i can test it more and see if my GPU spins at all when i go to the video/streaming websites...

Hi BenReiley, please delete the log files, try the crash issue in this new test version, then send the new log file to me. Thank you! 

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2dz5FF4JmG5C_b_hik7DOjpnwoeKvZe/view?usp=sharing

Maxthon Snap20220422181832.png

On 4/22/2022 at 12:19 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi BenReiley, please delete the log files, try the crash issue in this new test version, then send the new log file to me. Thank you! 

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2dz5FF4JmG5C_b_hik7DOjpnwoeKvZe/view?usp=sharing

Maxthon Snap20220422181832.png

Hello good day.. i was online this morning but had to go to work but now i am home after hanging with the friends after work but yeah.. can you tell me where to find the "log files" in order for me to delete them and then try login on again

On 4/24/2022 at 8:36 AM, BenReiley said:

Hello good day.. i was online this morning but had to go to work but now i am home after hanging with the friends after work but yeah.. can you tell me where to find the "log files" in order for me to delete them and then try login on again

Hi BenReiley, you could try to search in the File Explorer under this pathway when you try to install Maxthon browser:

image.png

On 4/24/2022 at 8:36 AM, BenReiley said:

To find the log files, you could open the installation path, under the folder "User Data" >  "Log Files."

MaxthonSnap20220425151158.png

On 4/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, BugSir006 said:

To find the log files, you could open the installation path, under the folder "User Data" >  "Log Files."

I deleted the log files and it did not crash this time here are the log files that i now have because it made two new one just now and yes the GPU is still going berserk.. only the other browser it did not make my GPU fans spin very hard and loud but in maxthon it does spin loud and hard...

I deleted the log files and it did not crash this time here are the log files that i now have because it made two new one just now and yes the GPU is still going berserk.. only the other browser it did not make my GPU fans spin very hard and loud but in maxthon it does spin loud and hard...

Edited by BenReiley
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BenReiley said:

ef70d7b4-f37f-4d95-a1a7-bfeae1a99bb8.dmp 2.9 MB · 0 downloads ef70d7b4-f37f-4d95-a1a7-bfeae1a99bb8.json 7.6 kB · 0 downloads

20220425.log 699.44 kB · 0 downloads log files.rar 43.85 kB · 0 downloads

Hi BenReiley, thanks for the log files. If you experience any crash in this version, do send us the crash report for the team to look into it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Rubel Ahamed said:

Hi Rubel Ahamed, to find the log files, you could open the installation path, under the folder "User Data" >  "Log Files."

image.png

• Like 1