MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.0.600

BugSir006

Missing feature:

Show close Tab button on background. To avoid close by mistake Tab by clicking on x. See the feature in MX5

Settings_General.jpg

The notes and External tools were also useful for accessing quickly Notes and others programs within MX

Please add the status bar and the download button as request Selçuk. 

Thank you

How come "Update" is not working yet...?  I'm at .500 and Update says the browser is Up-to-Date.

I can actually understand if you don't want it to be "automatic" during this initial major development, that would make sense so people can "revert", test different versions etc.
However, you should give us a "Button" to hit in the Update section so we can update the Browser manually if we want to.

BUG REPORT... .500 & .600 Windows 10 64 Bit & Maxthon 64 Bit

Incognito mode crashing again when opening as a second browser.

I now know why it's occurring after a bunch of testing.

In Settings the "On Startup" section, when you switch it from Homepage to "Last Session Page" then the crashing occurs.
The crashing doesn't occur otherwise.  I haven't tested the other Startup options to see if the crashing still occurs.  But it DOES occur when Last Session Page is selected.

3 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

BUG REPORT... .500 & .600 Windows 10 64 Bit & Maxthon 64 Bit

Incognito mode crashing again when opening as a second browser.

I now know why it's occurring after a bunch of testing.

In Settings the "On Startup" section, when you switch it from Homepage to "Last Session Page" then the crashing occurs.
The crashing doesn't occur otherwise.  I haven't tested the other Startup options to see if the crashing still occurs.  But it DOES occur when Last Session Page is selected.

Thank you for your feedback. It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of this issue. Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

1 minute ago, BugSir006 said:

Thank you for your feedback. It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of this issue. Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

Video won't really show anything special...

1. Open a normal Maxthon Browser Window.
2. Go to Settings/On Startup/Select "Last Session Page"
3. Right Click Maxthon in the Task Bar or in the Start Menu and select "New Incognito Window"
This will open a new Window in Incognito Mode, but it actually will NOT open, it will CRASH both browsers (normal and incognito) immediately as the window is attempting to open.

That's it, easy to reproduce, easy instructions.

5 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

3. Right Click Maxthon in the Task Bar or in the Start Menu and select "New Incognito Window"
This will open a new Window in Incognito Mode, but it actually will NOT open, it will CRASH both browsers (normal and incognito) immediately as the window is attempting to open.

I confirm

16 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

11 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

I confirm

Thank you for your feedback. Bug reported. ?

On 8/31/2020 at 10:06 AM, leeuniverse said:

How come "Update" is not working yet...?  I'm at .500 and Update says the browser is Up-to-Date.

I can actually understand if you don't want it to be "automatic" during this initial major development, that would make sense so people can "revert", test different versions etc.
However, you should give us a "Button" to hit in the Update section so we can update the Browser manually if we want to.

Suggestion recorded. ?

13 hours ago, RMO said:

The issue with the favorite in a folder that are still not visible is still here...

image.png.e89bedf13df3af896e18d8c67de24fcf.png

This known issue is still being analyzed. ?

2 hours ago, Cute Little Ahri said:

Anyone elses google look like this?1176259808_ss(2020-09-01at09_53.20).thumb.png.dee858dcc2129971000a7095f4d19aad.png

infact, why does it keep going to hk google #### me, I might actually stop using maxthon after all these years because of this bruh

s t o p Go75R.png

Just modify any search engine with google.com/search?q=%s 
and you're good to go

1 hour ago, Mhzayer said:

and you're good to go

And how do you do that cause it will not let me modify the URL (why change this in the first place? It was not like this before) How to i do this cause i tried changing the URL but it doesnt allow me to it is greyed out... Can you put pictures showing how to do so.. because of this issue i thought something was wrong and i reinstalled MX6 to a previous MX6 and my entire everything was deleted.. my previous session which had important tabs open and it started to say didnt close MX6 right all stuff that doesnt make any sense...

( i tried what you wrote "google.com/search?q=%s" and nothing changed..)

it is still the weird same google... i lose my entire work because of this cause i thought it was the new update so i downloaded the previous version and boom my entire browser was reset.. i even had to re-download my extensions and theme again... this is the worse thing that happened to me since MX6.. i love this browser but now that i think about it? This is just another chrome.. and i was using MX "because" it was "not" chrome... chrome looks good but i never used it cause it is weird especially the bookmark system.. the MX4 and MX5 bookmark system was just perfect.. you had a scroll bar and it was just perfect...

Can you attach pictures and explain good and not just a simple line.. you know that nothing with computers is simple, changing stuff requires precision even if it seems simple to others or even most... sometimes it just doesnt work until it is dope proper to the 100% accurate.. so can you put pictures cause this is horrible.. i done what you said and nothing happened it is still the same weird google main screen page

3 hours ago, Cute Little Ahri said:

Anyone elses google look like this?1176259808_ss(2020-09-01at09_53.20).thumb.png.dee858dcc2129971000a7095f4d19aad.png

infact, why does it keep going to hk google #### me, I might actually stop using maxthon after all these years because of this bruh

s t o p Go75R.png

I was thinking the same thing.. the ONLY reason i even went to MX5 is because they stopped supporting MX4 on youtube so i couldnt watch youtube and a lot of other sites just was not using that design anymore... man.. all my work that i have been working on for a month is gone.. i wanted to strangle somebody after that update i tell ya.. now i go back to the previous updates and the google error thing still sticks.. this is crazy... how can default be google HK. 

@mhZayer 

and you're good to go

The Google engine url won't modify or save.

@AaronX

Yes, Google Search has since yesterday been supplying 6.1.0.600 users with a legacy, fall-back interface.

I'm getting it on Chrome today as well.

1 hour ago, BenReiley said:

And how do you do that cause it will not let me modify the URL (why change this in the first place? It was not like this before) How to i do this cause i tried changing the URL but it doesnt allow me to it is greyed out... Can you put pictures showing how to do so.. because of this issue i thought something was wrong and i reinstalled MX6 to a previous MX6 and my entire everything was deleted.. my previous session which had important tabs open and it started to say didnt close MX6 right all stuff that doesnt make any sense...

( i tried what you wrote "google.com/search?q=%s" and nothing changed..)

it is still the weird same google... i lose my entire work because of this cause i thought it was the new update so i downloaded the previous version and boom my entire browser was reset.. i even had to re-download my extensions and theme again... this is the worse thing that happened to me since MX6.. i love this browser but now that i think about it? This is just another chrome.. and i was using MX "because" it was "not" chrome... chrome looks good but i never used it cause it is weird especially the bookmark system.. the MX4 and MX5 bookmark system was just perfect.. you had a scroll bar and it was just perfect...

Can you attach pictures and explain good and not just a simple line.. you know that nothing with computers is simple, changing stuff requires precision even if it seems simple to others or even most... sometimes it just doesnt work until it is dope proper to the 100% accurate.. so can you put pictures cause this is horrible.. i done what you said and nothing happened it is still the same weird google main screen page

I was thinking the same thing.. the ONLY reason i even went to MX5 is because they stopped supporting MX4 on youtube so i couldnt watch youtube and a lot of other sites just was not using that design anymore... man.. all my work that i have been working on for a month is gone.. i wanted to strangle somebody after that update i tell ya.. now i go back to the previous updates and the google error thing still sticks.. this is crazy... how can default be google HK. 

I actually deleted the google entry and modified another one and made it default 

google search1.png

google search.png

42 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

I actually deleted the google entry and modified another one and made it default 

Exactly...

As others have mentioned, you can't "modify" the default Google Search option link yet.
So, what I do is "rename" the current Google search, you CAN edit those fields, and then I create a NEW Search with the https://www.google.com/search?q=%s

Then delete the old Google search and the new link is now default, or you can make it default if need.

1 hour ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Delete it and then add it in again. I just did it and it works.

I have no idea what you did but you know what? Im done for now.. ill use another browser... cause the fact that i have to do all this is just too much.. ill just wait until yall fix this but until then.. i hope i dont get used to my new comodo dragon browser.. "good bye cruel woyld" i really loved MX6.. but yeah... it was too good to be true anyway... (the fact that i have to modify anything in order to get google.com normally seems like some, a big f u in the face... i use your interface and project and browser... thank your for yall great work... see yall maybe later...

11 minutes ago, BenReiley said:

I have no idea what you did but you know what? Im done for now.. ill use another browser... cause the fact that i have to do all this is just too much.. ill just wait until yall fix this but until then.. i hope i dont get used to my new comodo dragon browser.. "good bye cruel woyld" i really loved MX6.. but yeah... it was too good to be true anyway... (the fact that i have to modify anything in order to get google.com normally seems like some, a big f u in the face... i use your interface and project and browser... thank your for yall great work... see yall maybe later...

This is not a final app it's beta, if you are going to leave just because of this then farewell. You are new to this browser and haven't seen all the treasures within that other browsers lack
Good luck and goodbye

7 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

This is not a final app it's beta, if you are going to leave just because of this then farewell. You are new to this browser and haven't seen all the treasures within that other browsers lack
Good luck and goodbye

I woke up and decided to try it once more cause i do not wanna give up on "your" project, that i really like and wanna keep liking but, yeah.. i now see that the google home button now goes back to normal google and when i type in google in the URL bar it also goes to normal google... but, i have now found out that all my preference save in the settings is all reset back to the default way as if i new installed MX6 for the first time.. im like oke... and when i close my browser it also doesnt save the "continue where you left off" tabs...

And if you think i am just leaving cause of this? you are sorely mistaken.. i have been working for a month.. well.. actually 20 days.. and now all my work is gone cause when i updated it and then downgraded it, it wiped everything away.. my last session, my clients, my conversations, my work in progress files, data, everything, im not "just" a grease monkey, i actually do work online as well.. cause i need the income, and its easy and fun and pays nice, to you it is "just" a little thing but to me it is a big thing.. "one mans trash is another mans treasure" or even livelihood ... and only a "foolish and selfish" person would say "farewell" to a person that clearly wrote "i will be back when it is fixed" seems a bit angry that i even typed i will have to stop using MX6 meanwhile i am sure that if i had seen you in front of me when i updated/downgraded my MX6 and lost all my stuff? I would be more angrier then you and yet "you" seem offended cause of my words while i am like, this guy is unreasonable...

( i just lost my work and now the only way for me to catch up is through google and google doesnt work normally so it cant use this i will have to use another browser then and then later i will use MX6 again)

But to be fair? It is kinda me cause i updated it to "6.1.0.600" and then back to "6.1.0.500" cause i "thought" maybe it is the "6.1.0.600" that changed the google which i use for translation and search engine to do my job in order to help (myself) or even talk to people of whom their language i dont really understand that well ( i use google definition a lot, my main language is not english but i speak and even do 70% work, 7 out of 10 in english, if a japanese person isnt that good in english then ill use google translate which is fast not accurate but i need fast), i use google about 40-60% for every project i do to look up stuff cause i also never went to stupid college or whatever, i am internet learned so i need to look up certain stuff to see if i did it right and it almost always shows that i did so i never needed school anyway, cause they teach me for example i, ii, iii, iv, v etc. in school and i never needed that in real life so i was like f*ck school.. i am not a roman citizen but then again? europe, america, australia, russia, is rome all over again, this is also another reason i used Maxthon cause it was chinese i am not chinese by the way but i rather use chinese tech or japanese tech "playstation" then american tech, microsoft xbox, xbox is spying on people)

(i do have windows but i dont like that but i can see past that though)

But anyway it is not "just" the "google change thing" which i actually rely on... it is the resetting of the entire browser and wiping out of my history and putting the browser in a state back as if i never used the browser before... so even the history was gone... so now i have to do everything back and that work would have been horribly slow if i didnt have google working normally.. so i thought, hey.. let me use Opera my second choice and or firefox my third choice outside of Maxthon and work as fast as possible to catch up on those 20 somewhat days in order to get everybody their stuff which i lost in the "some what crash" i had... if the google worked normally i wouldnt have downgraded it and then my entire browser wouldnt have wiped everything away and reset itself to default...

But yeah then again.. this "is" however a "beta" testing browser and i should then not have used this for my work you could and probably would say seeing you already mentioned it before... im like oke man.. cool.. anyway.. i have to get back to work.. and working on a "beta" has taught me something valuable which is? Dont ever do it again.. you "might" lose everything... so is it my fault for using a "beta" yes it is.. so ill leave it at that... this entire thing? "Is my fault"

Dont worry.. ill still use MX6 but not for work... ill have to use reliable browsers and stable browsers for work and MX6 for my surfing the net like youtube when i wanna relax or when i wanna download a movie with utorrent or something.. just the everyday mindless surfing the net like im silver surfer on a mario tip when im browsing the web looking like bowser cause he is in a secret dimension which is what internet is.. it is a way to open portals to different sides of the earth (world) with one click and a few types of words? i could be in india or thailand or even japan.. which sometimes i just look at pretty landscape pictures of romania or hungary or germany or chinese landscape.. but yeah.. enough typing now.. i will go and fix my own "error" which was and is using a "beta" for work

The definition of farewell on google is like sayonara it means i will not be seeing you away... but a "ill be back" like terminator means that you "will" see me again.. see? google translation is on point in most cases.. i hope you use google also when using words like me, haha.. it sure helps to understand people very good (sorry for the long essay letter)

And i will repeat it again so that you dont make a mistake.. "i take full responsibility for my own actions which caused me to lose everything, cause like "you" said this is a "beta" and i should have known better"

Anyway gotta go now... i have work to do "oooh i also wanna repeat again that i "will" be using MX6 for my daily routine but just not for work" so hold your horses when you send someone off on a "farewell" tip.. cause that makes you it look like you are offended and angry and that good luck? haha.. i dont need that...

Now i will say something sincere "keep up the good work" im sure your MX6 project will be great in the future... my father always told me never to be a liar to deceive people.. i will never wish a person well while i do not mean it.. i dont deceive people with words 

My father was (when he was young) and is no fool.. he said if another can not see his mistake or fault? Then maybe you should look at yourself and blame yourself for allowing this person in your life... and not to do it again, learn from your mistake and teach others so that they will not make the same mistake as you did.. experience is beautiful cause you can warn another and they will always be grateful that you spared them a world of pain or just pain or just annoyance ...

Anyway... i will be frequently paying attention to updates and ill just be more careful next time... good day...

Archived