Account status is abnormal. Please login to the browser again

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, TheWhippinpost said:

Thanks again, @BugSir006 I'm sorry, why am I renaming the MX5 folder please?

The reason you Rename the folder is that Maxthon detects that there is no maxthon 5 folder in the %appdata% folder

So it creates a new one. Renaming it also ensures that you do not loose any Cookie data with a clean install.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I've just tried renaming the folder but when I relaunched MX, half my favourites and Maxnotes were missing, and I couldn't find the last-visit page.

Is there a workaround so I can keep all the above. Will installing to the latest version bring them back?

1. Data of last-visit page cannot be synced to Maxthon Cloud. It saved in the folder "History," you can use the previous folder to replace the current.

2. It seems that some of data of Maxnote hasn't been synced to your browser account. You can try to copy the previous folder to replace the current.

3. If you can log in to your browser account properly after renaming the folder "Maxthon5," it means that you probably changed the email address or phone number of your browser account. Did you change the email address or phone number of your browser account? 

4. Open the previous data folder "Maxthon5">"Users," check the the folder name of your browser account is right or not.

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

1. Data of last-visit page cannot be synced to Maxthon Cloud. It saved in the folder "History," you can use the previous folder to replace the current.

I tried this but the last-visit page still didn't show.

2. It seems that some of data of Maxnote hasn't been synced to your browser account. You can try to copy the previous folder to replace the current.

Which folder please?

3. If you can log in to your browser account properly after renaming the folder "Maxthon5," it means that you probably changed the email address or phone number of your browser account. Did you change the email address or phone number of your browser account? 

Yes, I was able to log-in - over the years I have used 4 different email accounts.

4. Open the previous data folder "Maxthon5">"Users," check the the folder name of your browser account is right or not.

There are four folders for each email address.

Thank you, @BugSir006 - you are a credit to Maxthon :D

13 hours ago, TheWhippinpost said:

I tried this but the last-visit page still didn't show.

Open the browser menu (Alt+F)>History, please. 

Which folder please?

"Users."   Maxthon5>Users

There are four folders for each email address.

Do you have four browser accounts? This issue happened in which browser account?

What I mean is that you probably changed the email address of one of the browser account but forgot it. And you used the old email address to log in, then it prompted that "account is abnormal. (I guess that)

You can also rename the previous folder "Maxthon5" back, delete the login records from the login list. Then fill the login information again. That is for deleting the old email address, you enter the new and correct email address. You needn't delete the local data, just the login records from the login list.

1.log out.png2.back.jpg3.skip login.jpg4.delete.jpg

Archived