MX6 PC Beta Release 6.0.0.2500

BugSir006

2 hours ago, ptr45 said:

I have a weird issue. I cannot log in to Reddit on MX6, I get "password is incorrect" message.

I think it is MX6 issue, since I can log in to Reddit using both MX5 and Edge.

No problem with me
I can log in

reddit.png

Just now, Mhzayer said:

No problem with me
I can log in

reddit.png

Thanks for letting me know. Then I am at a loss. I tried multiple times over two days to log in to Reddit using MX6. I can login fine using other browsers, and I did not have any trouble logging in to other sites on MX6.

1 minute ago, ptr45 said:

Thanks for letting me know. Then I am at a loss. I tried multiple times over two days to log in to Reddit using MX6. I can login fine using other browsers, and I did not have any trouble logging in to other sites on MX6.

Have you tried restarting your pc? 
I had a similar problem that wasn't fixed until I restarted my computer.
It seems Chrome engine does that

1 minute ago, Mhzayer said:

Have you tried restarting your pc? 
I had a similar problem that wasn't fixed until I restarted my computer.
It seems Chrome engine does that

Yeah, I turn off my computer at night. I'll try again tomorrow. It is good to know it is not a completely unique issue.

2 minutes ago, ptr45 said:

Yeah, I turn off my computer at night. I'll try again tomorrow. It is good to know it is not a completely unique issue.

You can also try logging in to reddit from a guest account 
Do a clean install if it didn't work

5 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

You can also try logging in to reddit from a guest account 
Do a clean install if it didn't work

I am using a "portable version", I just extracted the installation file. It's not a huge deal, I'm sure there will be a new version soon.

On 7/28/2020 at 1:16 AM, AaronX said:

1. Ctrl + Arrow to switch between tabs, whilst continuing to jump between words when a form field has focus.

Hi AaronX, go to Settings>Mouse Gesture>Hot key settings>More hot key settings, then customize it.

Maxthon Snap20200729110422.png

2. Prompt to open rather than force save when accessing a file for download.

This suggestion has been submitted to the product team.

3. Shit + Enter on a form to open in a new tab in the same window.

Could you let me know which browser or application has this function? It would be appreciated if you can send a short video to me. I will forward it to the product team.

On 7/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, Mhzayer said:

I am not talking about copyrighted videos.
I meant normal videos that can be downloaded 
This one for instance

I could download it with idm through Edge but not Mx6 or Chrome

Thank you for your information. This issue has been reported to the dev team. 

7 hours ago, ptr45 said:

I have a weird issue. I cannot log in to Reddit on MX6, I get "password is incorrect" message.

I think it is MX6 issue, since I can log in to Reddit using both MX5 and Edge.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. This issue has been reported to the dev team as a bug. 

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi AaronX, go to Settings>Mouse Gesture>Hot key settings>More hot key settings, then customize it.

I tried this. Unlike in previous Maxthon versions, it then acts globally, even when a text input field has focus.

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you let me know which browser or application has this function? It would be appreciated if you can send a short video to me. I will forward it to the product team.

Previous Maxthons!

21 hours ago, AaronX said:

Previous Maxthons!

Could you send a short video to me?

5 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Maybe this is off topic but
Is there any Mx6 android near future plan? 

Yes, we will release Maxthon 6 for Android, iOS and Mac.

17 hours ago, semorridosema said:

First of all, thanks for this amazing browser. I am using it since 2007 with no rival close to it.

When my XP15 laptop resume from standby and MX6 was open, the touchpad get unresponsive. The cursor moves and then stops.

Thanks.

Hi there, could you let me know the system information of your device? Maxthon 6 browser is not available for the Windows XP system.

21 hours ago, AaronX said:

I tried this. Unlike in previous Maxthon versions, it then acts globally, even when a text input field has focus.

I tried to test it but haven't reproduced. It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of this issue.

When I open Google search selected results Maxthon 6 opens them in same tab (not in new browser window like other browsers). I changed setting but Maxthon 6 ignore it. This happened in every alpha and beta.

Edit: hmmm, something is wrong. Also Chrome ignore my setting but Firefox opens results in new tabs. 

And most weird, Edge (Chromium) ignore my any setting and always opens results in new tabs. 

I tried also Internet Explorer since its here installed and it works well just like Firefox. Otherwise also Maxthon 5 works well in this case.

So, basically just ignore this my post. ? 

111.png

On 7/24/2020 at 5:10 PM, DARKSTORM said:

Error code 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

When will the saved accounts/passwords be unexposed?

If you don't want them "exposed" then simply LOG OUT of your browser ACCOUNT.
That's part of the whole purpose of having an "account" is so everything like our NOTES, Screen captures, PW's, Bookmarks, etc. can be SAVED.

I like the fact they are "exposed", because then we know what our PW is in case we forget.
I mean, I wouldn't mind it if we had to "re-enter" our pw/login when we try to look at them or edit them, so I'm okay with that.  Some browsers do that.
So, how bought instead ask for that feature?

6 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

If you don't want them "exposed" then simply LOG OUT of your browser ACCOUNT.
That's part of the whole purpose of having an "account" is so everything like our NOTES, Screen captures, PW's, Bookmarks, etc. can be SAVED.

What's the WHOLE point of having an ACCOUNT if your are just going to LOG IT OUT?

I like the fact they are "exposed", because then we know what our PW is in case we forget.
I mean, I wouldn't mind it if we had to "re-enter" our pw/login when we try to look at them or edit them, so I'm okay with that.  Some browsers do that.

So you like them exposed?
image.png.6f66f13f2b8c13cf961d923dfdb8548e.png

It's just like telling "Look how many accounts I have saved on my account. Why don't you use them" to someone who uses your account to browse for a moment. You can't read your password on the login form unless you use Developer Tools. You can open your PassKeeper to see them. What's the point of having a Password Manager if you have to re-enter them? It exists so you can Manage your Accounts or are you referring to Auto-Fill? Truthfully, I don't like that feature. I like mine being manually filled.

So, how bought instead ask for that feature?

What do you mean bought? I'm not buying anything. Better check your word.

I'm not asking for that feature because it already exists on Mx5. Saved Passwords are hidden and will be shown when you double-click on the field. At least I feel more secure with that feature since it isn't exposed upfront when someone else is logging in with my account.
image.png.c1e50980ffe806d80e2a905cbdd83ffb.pngimage.png.420a66133f08a3332693b21e28c5fc77.png

I hope you're satisfied with my reply.
I don't even know why I'm arguing with a Freshman here.

59 minutes ago, DARKSTORM said:

What's the WHOLE point of having an ACCOUNT if your are just going to LOG IT OUT?

So you like them exposed?
image.png.6f66f13f2b8c13cf961d923dfdb8548e.png

It's just like telling "Look how many accounts I have saved on my account. Why don't you use them" to someone who uses your account to browse for a moment. You can't read your password on the login form unless you use Developer Tools. You can open your PassKeeper to see them. What's the point of having a Password Manager if you have to re-enter them? It exists so you can Manage your Accounts or are you referring to Auto-Fill? Truthfully, I don't like that feature. I like mine being manually filled.

What do you mean bought? I'm not buying anything. Better check your word.

I'm not asking for that feature because it already exists on Mx5. Saved Passwords are hidden and will be shown when you double-click on the field. At least I feel more secure with that feature since it isn't exposed upfront when someone else is logging in with my account.
image.png.c1e50980ffe806d80e2a905cbdd83ffb.pngimage.png.420a66133f08a3332693b21e28c5fc77.png

I hope you're satisfied with my reply.
I don't even know why I'm arguing with a Freshman here.

1. Uh, because if you're concerned about "security" with your Account information, like PW's and the other things I've mentioned, then you should LOGOUT of your account when you're not using the browser.
What exactly is the problem with that?

2. Maybe I'm not getting what you mean by "exposed"?  First, you don't actually "see" your pw unless you go into PW Manager.  Second, if YOU are using the browser, why wouldn't you want to see your username and the dots in the username and pw fields?
Well, if you're not using the browser then you should LOGOUT of your account when someone else uses the browser.  They can use the basics of the browser, or create their own account.

What the heck is your actual problem here?  If you're concerned about "security" of your information, you should always logout of whatever account you're using, whether it's Facebook or your browser account, and when you do that NOBODY is going to "see" how many accounts you have on Facebook.  At least that's the way it's supposed to work.  If you're not logged into your browser account, and it's still showing your different logins at Facebook, then that's likely a bug.

3. You likely shouldn't talk about peoples mistakes in simply quick writing on a forum, especially for a CHINESE based product, one that's worldwide as well in which people don't speak often may not speak great English.  You know what I meant, it's called a typing error.  Welcome to the real world.  People make mistakes.

4. Okay, so you don't like your login information "showing" unless you click on the field?  So that's your issue?
Again, I ask, if you're so concerned about the security of your information, just logout of your browser account when you're not using the browser, THATS WHAT IT'S FOR.
Further, what's stopping other people clicking in the fields and seeing your information still with your method?  You're not making any sense.  You have ZERO "security" with your information showing in the field already, save maybe if you're so worried about people behind you seeing your username already populated.  I mean, that's very "minor" security.  People can see all kinds of things standing behind you.  But, I guess I would be against having to click the field for info to populate.  However, low priority in my mind.

5. LOL...  I've been using Maxthon since it was MyIE2.  So, not a "Freshman".  I even developed several mods for the browser back when it was the original Maxthon, Maxthon Classic.  The only reason I show as a Freshman is because the Forum got redone, and all posts went to Zero.  Then soon after that or before, can't remember, when the browser became a "standalone" I did stop using it, for 3 reasons.  One it was bloated, not the nice fast "shell" it used to be.  Second, it no longer had "Middle Tab Bar" ability.  I don't like my tabs at the top, massively so.  In fact, I'm still not actually using Maxthon 6 yet save a little testing until they add this feature.  And Plugin support died because it became complicated to create plugins for the browser.  It was easy before.  Anyway, these 3 reasons I stopped using Maxthon and went to 360Chrome, which had most of Maxthons original features, my middle Tab Bar, and good plugin support, it could use Google Extensions.

Anyway, I'm sort of back, given they've added good extension support by going to Chromium...  I'm just waiting for my middle tab bar setting, and I'll start using the browser full time.
Drag and Drop, Middle Tab Bar, and good Extension support are the 3 biggest things I need in a browser.  It amazes me the incompetence of modern browser creators, that they won't add these features, though some might have some, but most don't have all three.  The only one I found was 360Chrome, interestingly another Chinese made Browser.

In conclusion...  If it's really so important to you, I'm okay with adding the feature, to NOT show login info unless you click in the field.
But again, that's not really giving you any security, people using the browser can still click in the field and see all your accounts.  If you want actual security, LOGOUT of your account.  The browser can still be used by anyone, they just won't have access to your account stuff.

Have a good one...  I was a HUGE Maxthon supporter for years.  I don't remember what my post count was, maybe like 3,000 or something.  So, talk to the hand.  :)

7 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

1. Uh, because if you're concerned about "security" with your Account information, like PW's and the other things I've mentioned, then you should LOGOUT of your account when you're not using the browser.
What exactly is the problem with that?

2. Maybe I'm not getting what you mean by "exposed"?  First, you don't actually "see" your pw unless you go into PW Manager.  Second, if YOU are using the browser, why wouldn't you want to see your username and the dots in the username and pw fields?
Well, if you're not using the browser then you should LOGOUT of your account when someone else uses the browser.  They can use the basics of the browser, or create their own account.

What the heck is your actual problem here?  If you're concerned about "security" of your information, you should always logout of whatever account you're using, whether it's Facebook or your browser account, and when you do that NOBODY is going to "see" how many accounts you have on Facebook.  At least that's the way it's supposed to work.  If you're not logged into your browser account, and it's still showing your different logins at Facebook, then that's likely a bug.

3. You likely shouldn't talk about peoples mistakes in simply quick writing on a forum, especially for a CHINESE based product, one that's worldwide as well in which people don't speak often may not speak great English.  You know what I meant, it's called a typing error.  Welcome to the real world.  People make mistakes.

4. Okay, so you don't like your login information "showing" unless you click on the field?  So that's your issue?
Again, I ask, if you're so concerned about the security of your information, just logout of your browser account when you're not using the browser, THATS WHAT IT'S FOR.
Further, what's stopping other people clicking in the fields and seeing your information still with your method?  You're not making any sense.  You have ZERO "security" with your information showing in the field already, save maybe if you're so worried about people behind you seeing your username already populated.  I mean, that's very "minor" security.  People can see all kinds of things standing behind you.  But, I guess I would be against having to click the field for info to populate.  However, low priority in my mind.

5. LOL...  I've been using Maxthon since it was MyIE2.  So, not a "Freshman".  I even developed several mods for the browser back when it was the original Maxthon, Maxthon Classic.  The only reason I show as a Freshman is because the Forum got redone, and all posts went to Zero.  Then soon after that or before, can't remember, when the browser became a "standalone" I did stop using it, for 3 reasons.  One it was bloated, not the nice fast "shell" it used to be.  Second, it no longer had "Middle Tab Bar" ability.  I don't like my tabs at the top, massively so.  In fact, I'm still not actually using Maxthon 6 yet save a little testing until they add this feature.  And Plugin support died because it became complicated to create plugins for the browser.  It was easy before.  Anyway, these 3 reasons I stopped using Maxthon and went to 360Chrome, which had most of Maxthons original features, my middle Tab Bar, and good plugin support, it could use Google Extensions.

Anyway, I'm sort of back, given they've added good extension support by going to Chromium...  I'm just waiting for my middle tab bar setting, and I'll start using the browser full time.
Drag and Drop, Middle Tab Bar, and good Extension support are the 3 biggest things I need in a browser.  It amazes me the incompetence of modern browser creators, that they won't add these features, though some might have some, but most don't have all three.  The only one I found was 360Chrome, interestingly another Chinese made Browser.

In conclusion...  If it's really so important to you, I'm okay with adding the feature, to NOT show login info unless you click in the field.
But again, that's not really giving you any security, people using the browser can still click in the field and see all your accounts.  If you want actual security, LOGOUT of your account.  The browser can still be used by anyone, they just won't have access to your account stuff.

Have a good one...  I was a HUGE Maxthon supporter for years.  I don't remember what my post count was, maybe like 3,000 or something.  So, talk to the hand.  :)

I'll just make this short. I'm ignoring most of your reply. I've already been using Maxthon since 2014 and been barely participating on this Forum but has accumulated till now that I became an Assistant Mage. If you've really been using it since MyIE2, you should still have some participation recorded or you've stopped using Maxthon before Mx4 (That's the time I remember the Forum changing). It's like you've just returned to Maxthon after it is shifting to Chromium so HUGE Maxthon supporter my a**. Talk to the hand? Talk to your a**. Sorry for the word mods.

4. Okay, so you don't like your login information "showing" unless you click on the field?

You can't even read properly. What you just mentioned is my problem. Clicking on the field shows my Saved Accounts. In Mx5, Saved Accounts don't show unless you Double-Click on the field.

I just made a very short one sentence question but I get a critic instead? If you got a problem with your life, don't involve me in it.

6 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

I'll just make this short. I'm ignoring most of your reply. I've already been using Maxthon since 2014 and been barely participating on this Forum but has accumulated till now that I became an Assistant Mage. If you've really been using it since MyIE2, you should still have some participation recorded or you've stopped using Maxthon before Mx4 (That's the time I remember the Forum changing). It's like you've just returned to Maxthon after it is shifting to Chromium so HUGE Maxthon supporter my a**. Talk to the hand? Talk to your a**. Sorry for the word mods.

You can't even read properly. What you just mentioned is my problem. Clicking on the field shows my Saved Accounts. In Mx5, Saved Accounts don't show unless you Double-Click on the field.

I just made a very short one sentence question but I get a critic instead? If you got a problem with your life, don't involve me in it.

Sorry, but you clearly have problems...

First, I've been using Maxthon since 2002, and like I said, I did stop using it when it became a standalone browser a few years after 2010, I continued using Maxthon Classic until eventually it wasn't really compatible with websites anymore.
Thus, just because you're a newer user, doesn't mean I wasn't a dedicated user for at least 10 or more years, and like I said having like 3,000 Forum posts before the new forum was put in, and I developed several extensions for the browser, so spare me your Elitism... as if you have more rights to speak than I do.

Second, dude, fine...  I'm OKAY with it, single click, double-click, whatever.  I just stated my opinion that it's of lower priority.
Guy, you're the one being the ***, what you said didn't make sense at first, because you weren't clear at first, I thought you were talking about the PW manager being unprotected, and I was looking for clarification and yes, people are allowed to give their opinions.  Welcome to the world, you clearly need to learn to live in it.  People are going to disagree with you, and in fact I actually ended up supporting your interest, but because you have problems you couldn't see it.

Anyway, enjoy...

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2020 at 12:34 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you let me know the system information of your device? Maxthon 6 browser is not available for the Windows XP system.

Sorry, I meant XPS15 (2019) using the latest Windows 10. This problem is still happening with the new beta releases of Maxthon 6. This is the main reason I am still using Maxthon 5. Thanks for your reply. 

On 9/6/2020 at 4:32 AM, semorridosema said:

Sorry, I meant XPS15 (2019) using the latest Windows 10. This problem is still happening with the new beta releases of Maxthon 6. This is the main reason I am still using Maxthon 5. Thanks for your reply. 

Hi there, could you let us know the installed RAM of this device? It would be appreciated if you can provide a short video of this issue. Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

Archived