MX6 PC Beta Release 6.0.0.2300

BugSir006

15 hours ago, Imanerd said:

Looks like Bing Maps?

No issue here. Though, it ALSO isn't ASKING me to let it scan my location. When I tested that on ANOTHER site, where-am-i.net, it DIDN'T detect me correctly. But Bing *is*

Hi there old friend

Again Maxthon didn't give me the location with where-am-i.net, though other browsers did

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi @Xahi4475, try uninstalling the browser, clearing the user data then reinstalling the v6.0.0.2300, please.

Hi there, could you let me know the operating steps to reproduce this issue?

I have no steps. 
It seems like sites asking for my location are blocked without asking me if i'd like to allow or block them from getting my location.
For example, this where-am-i.net when I opened it with edge it asked me if I want to allow it to access my location but maxthon didn't ask me

I'll clean install Maxthon and see if it fixes that.

6 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Hi there old friend

Again Maxthon didn't give me the location with where-am-i.net, though other browsers did

I have no steps. 
It seems like sites asking for my location are blocked without asking me if i'd like to allow or block them from getting my location.
For example, this where-am-i.net when I opened it with edge it asked me if I want to allow it to access my location but maxthon didn't ask me

I'll clean install Maxthon and see if it fixes that.

Note:
Maxthon mx5.3.8.2000 didn't give me my location too.
I clean uninstalled all my maxthons which are mx5.3.8.2000 and mx6.0.0.2300_beta 
I ran an older version mx 5.2.3.3000 which I had somewhere in other harddisks and it gave me my location at both google maps and where-am-i.net

I'll clean install mx 6 and check

Update:

Not working even after clean uninstall and reinstalling

Update2:

mx5.2.7.5000 working fine but mx5.3.8.2000 isn't

Update3:

I tried all mx6.* alphas and betas   

maxthons.png.b3ff39018756622590257dffd2713c75.png

still not working

BTW:
Edge, Edge canary, Opera, Chrome, Firefox and even Vivaldi are all working fine

returned again to version 5. why? the sixth version closes by itself. sometimes does not want to start. sometimes browser processes hang in the task manager. when launched, the browser does not remember my last visited pages. I have windows 10 home

14 hours ago, Kachmar said:

returned again to version 5. why? the sixth version closes by itself. sometimes does not want to start. sometimes browser processes hang in the task manager. when launched, the browser does not remember my last visited pages. I have windows 10 home

I recommend you to try mx6 portable version first
And you can still keep using mx5 together with mx6

On 7/18/2020 at 7:16 AM, Astral Beast said:

May be I didn't catch a moment why MX6 blocks downloads, but I really need some ZIPed files from my workplace, but MX6 says "it may be dangerous, so Maxthon has blocked it". How can I avoid this?

Could you click the "Keep" button to download that file? 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:36 AM, Mhzayer said:

Note:
Maxthon mx5.3.8.2000 didn't give me my location too.
I clean uninstalled all my maxthons which are mx5.3.8.2000 and mx6.0.0.2300_beta 
I ran an older version mx 5.2.3.3000 which I had somewhere in other harddisks and it gave me my location at both google maps and where-am-i.net

I'll clean install mx 6 and check

Update:

Not working even after clean uninstall and reinstalling

Update2:

mx5.2.7.5000 working fine but mx5.3.8.2000 isn't

Update3:

I tried all mx6.* alphas and betas   

still not working

BTW:
Edge, Edge canary, Opera, Chrome, Firefox and even Vivaldi are all working fine

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. This issue has been submitted to the dev team as a bug and will be fixed as soon as possible. ?

On 7/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, bobad1 said:

FEATURE REQUEST:

Would like an option for sound only on focused tab.

Thank you!

Request recorded. ?

On 7/13/2020 at 1:08 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you let me know the system and device information, such as Windows 7/10, installed RAM?

Could you provide a screenshot of this issue?

There really is no "screenshot" to be posted...

I just go to About and it says "Maxthon 6 browser is up to date", yet there's a new update available, .2400.
I'm still showing .2300.

15 hours ago, leeuniverse said:

There really is no "screenshot" to be posted...

I just go to About and it says "Maxthon 6 browser is up to date", yet there's a new update available, .2400.
I'm still showing .2300.

Hi there, because the update needs the dev team to deploy manually. The dev team will deploy the update according to the feedback from our users regarding the new version. If the new version crash too many times, they will fix it and deploy the update in the background. ?

On 7/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, could you reproduce this issue frequently? It would be appreciated if you can provide the test link (download link of that file).

Hello. I can't share with you those files I worked with because corporate police. But our Informational Security Team found one shared file downloaded by one of users.

https://hitfile.net/caHF2xw

When I checked it, I found it as some kind of repacked Daemon Tools installation.

Maxthon 6 build 2300/2400 blocked it with no option to download and check it. I downloaded it with Linux Box and checked it. My antivirus quarantined it with report "adware not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Win32.Hiru.gen". I do not know why - it's quarantined once thus it has no chance to live, but you can use link above, it still alive.

5 hours ago, Astral Beast said:

Hello. I can't share with you those files I worked with because corporate police. But our Informational Security Team found one shared file downloaded by one of users.

https://hitfile.net/caHF2xw

When I checked it, I found it as some kind of repacked Daemon Tools installation.

Maxthon 6 build 2300/2400 blocked it with no option to download and check it. I downloaded it with Linux Box and checked it. My antivirus quarantined it with report "adware not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Win32.Hiru.gen". I do not know why - it's quarantined once thus it has no chance to live, but you can use link above, it still alive.

I tried downloading your file with all browsers I have
None accepted to download including IE, Firefox, Vivaldi, Chrome, and MS Edge except Opera 

2 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

None accepted to download including IE, Firefox, Vivaldi, Chrome, and MS Edge except Opera 

Sure, because of adware in it at least, but I think an option "download it with all risks put on myself" should exist.

17 hours ago, Astral Beast said:
11 hours ago, Astral Beast said:

but I think an option "download it with all risks put on myself" should exist.

Hi there, thank you for your explanation. Request recorded.?

11 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Thank you for your help! ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 9:28 PM, Mhzayer said:

I recommend you to try mx6 portable version first
And you can still keep using mx5 together with mx6

...knowing that favorites are not synchronized between the 5 and the 6 ?. They are synchronized for each one separately.

Archived