Maxthon 6.0.0.2100

Lovely to see URL aliases implemented in this latest beta - thank you, team! Crucial functionality for me.

However:

a) Sadly, none have synchronised with my own definitions in my Maxthon account, instead just giving the built-in defaults.

b) There's a bit of UI language missing in English: "??settings,IDS_SETTINGS_DLG_ADD_TITLE"

image.png.2f0ce18a8f0426f1d219fc49237545c0.png

c) Another translation missing here for deletion:

image.png.93d3795fb8467418ae98e75928a9b593.png

When dragging an item/link to open it in a new tab, can we have the option to have that new tab open in the background rather than activate, please?

Additionally, can a Shift + Enter form submission open in only a new tab, not a whole new window? Very annoying!

21 hours ago, AaronX said:

There's a bit of UI language missing in English: "??settings,IDS_SETTINGS_DLG_ADD_TITLE"

Another translation missing here for deletion:

Bug reported. ?

Sadly, none have synchronised with my own definitions in my Maxthon account, instead just giving the built-in defaults.

It has been reported to the product team. 

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi AaronX, try unchecking "open drag text in new tab," please.

Maxthon Snap20200628154254.png

Ah, splendid, thank you!

7 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I tried to press the "Shift+Enter," it logged in to the website correctly, not the new window.

Try a search form where there's only one field? Amazon, for example. I've tested on various websites and pressing shift+enter rather than just enter opens in a whole new window every time. I currently have 'Open bookmark in new tab' and 'Open link in new tab' checked, as in your screenshot above, but have also tried with 'Open link in new tab' unchecked, with the same results.

17 hours ago, AaronX said:

Try a search form where there's only one field? Amazon, for example. I've tested on various websites and pressing shift+enter rather than just enter opens in a whole new window every time. I currently have 'Open bookmark in new tab' and 'Open link in new tab' checked, as in your screenshot above, but have also tried with 'Open link in new tab' unchecked, with the same results.

Hi AaronX,

Check "open input in new tab," please. Then you can press "Enter" to search it, it will be opened in the new tab.

MaxthonSnap20200629165501.png

17 hours ago, AaronX said:

I've tried having that checked, but it doesn't seem to make any difference anywhere. Enter still opens in the same tab (as expected/desired) and Shift+Enter still opens in a whole new window.

Hi AaronX, I will forward your suggestion to the product team. If you enter letters on the address bar then search it, it will be opened in the new tab.?

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi AaronX, I will forward your suggestion to the product team. If you enter letters on the address bar then search it, it will be opened in the new tab.?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm aware of the search bar, but I'm primarily using the function when trying to look something up within the content management system of my own website, rather than running a wider search through Google etc, so it gets a bit trickier!

Archived