Why Does Maxthon 6 Choose BSV?

BugSir006

封面.png

Last week, we announced that MX6 is the first Bitcoin-powered browser. Many users wonder why choose BSV as the underlying blockchain. Today we will talk about the thinking behind this.

Bitcoin was invented in 2008 by Satoshi Nakamoto and started in January 2009. Its source code was released as open-source software. In June 2017, developers led by hardware manufacturer Bitmain made the first hard fork to increase the block size limit to eight megabbytes. As a result, the bitcoin ledger split in two, and the new one is named Bitcoin Cash. On November 15th, 2018, Bitcoin Cash got another fork, result in two independent blockchains. The one is Bitcoin ABC (short for Adjustable Blocksize Cap), it would maintain the block size at 32MB. The other is Bitcoin SV (short for "Bitcoin Satoshi Vision), it would increase the block size limit to 128MB.

BSV claims that it would restore Satoshi Nakamoto's original vision. Maxthon believes in the original power of Bitcoin.

• BSV will help in building an honest society

BSV leader, Dr. Craig S. Wright, believes that Bitcoin was never intended to allow anonymous cryptocurrency transactions. It was designed to protect privacy. Privacy and anonymity are two totally different concepts. Privacy means that your identity will not be exposed, but an audit trail can be conducted if someone wants or needs to investigate misconduct. Bitcoin is a transparent system that can track the flow of the coin. In BSV chain, your privacy will be protected better. But if an economic system operates in an anonymous form, corruption and crime will surely grow.

We agree with this concept, and we will work with the community to build an honest and reliable society. 

• BSV is unlimited scaling and keeps transaction fees tinyimage.png

(The technological metrics of the three Bitcoin blockchains)

The BTC developer group kept blocks on BTC restricted to a tiny 1MB size. 1MB blocks only allow an average of 3 transactions per second. With tiny 1MB blocks, the BTC network often runs into congestion. This led BTC transaction fees to skyrocket. Compared with BTC, BSV now completely removes any default cap on the block size, and BSV team claims BSV now rivals VISA for transactions per second, and offers BSV miners "better returns" than BTC.

Uncapped scaling is critical to attracting enterprises. Enterprises can develop applications on a blockchain that is scalable to support their high volume needs.

• BSV is the Bitcoin you can earn and use

Unless you are a miner earning newly mined coins, BTC is a digital currency that you must buy from an exchange; and then most buyers just hold, hoping for investment gain.

BSV ushers in a new paradigm. BSV is electronic cash that everyone can easily earn and use. Innovative entrepreneurs are creating new applications which allow users to earn small amounts BSV through micropayments, and then actually use the digital currency.

maxthon2.jpg

(Excerpt from BSV Ecosystem)

There are more than 300 projects on the BSV chain, such as UptimeSV, TonicPow, Twetch, FiveBucks and services like them, more “BSV earning” applications are coming. BSV projects also encompass diverse industry sectors, involving entertainment, social media, online games, supply chain, digital advertising, data marketplaces, distributed network intelligence, Internet of Things, banking and, of course, payments.

To summarize, BSV builds a blockchain designed for business: to meet real enterprise needs, to be used by real people, and to comply with real laws.  It means BSV allows for massive scaling, and adds a professionalized approach to security. Working on BSV, we believe Maxthon will provide better services and make the world a better place.

with respect - do you really think the majority of people looking to choose a browser are interested in the above - they will not have a clue what you are talking about - i include myself in that - thats why the interest here is minimal - each new release gets downloaded a few time - nothing in real terms - the telegraph site/link you give has a couple of hundred contributors - where are the 700 million Jeff tells us are using Maxthon - gone i suggest

you are developing a niche browser - it will have its core but that core will be minimal imo - and statements like

Maxthon will provide better services and make the world a better place.

have you really thought about that with the world as it is today - Maxthon is seen as a Chinese Browser - thats beyond comment

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I just want to agree with @Tony (if I understood you well).

I just need a stable, flexible, customized, contemporary browser with many features and extensions.

I don't interested in any blockchain etc technology. I used Mx from MyIE times due to flexibility, customizing and lightweight. 
"Maxthon is a state-of-the-art, multi-platform web browser". That's all. If you want to build a platform for mining, blockchaining, etc you should name it smth else.
Everything but the browsing should be optional.

10 hours ago, Tony said:

with respect - do you really think the majority of people looking to choose a browser are interested in the above - they will not have a clue what you are talking about - i include myself in that - thats why the interest here is minimal - each new release gets downloaded a few time - nothing in real terms - the telegraph site/link you give has a couple of hundred contributors - where are the 700 million Jeff tells us are using Maxthon - gone i suggest

you are developing a niche browser - it will have its core but that core will be minimal imo - and statements like

Maxthon will provide better services and make the world a better place.

have you really thought about that with the world as it is today - Maxthon is seen as a Chinese Browser - thats beyond comment

Exactly, please how can I benefit from some blockchain? As user, who looks for the best browser, I prefer seeing some features others lack, but blockchain? It works for me the other way, I am actually worried that my browser will use my CPU for mining in the background slowing down my comp. Have no idea how, why when for what I can use it...

I like what is happening with this upgrade to BSV.  The micro transaction earn and spend economy will take time to develop as well as for people to understand what this means.  The potential is unlimited.  Bravo to Maxthon for being first browser to capture this.

I too remain very confused.

You've set out why you've chosen BSV over the other blockchain protocols, and that seems to make sense. But you haven't answered the much more important starter question: what has a browser got to do with ANY kind of blockchain? Why do I want it? What benefit does it offer me? And how can a web browser be "built on" what I thought was a system of digital currencies?

I agree with Obeserver.

People wants a browser that stable. All this any blockchain etc I do not understand it.

So please release the alpha or beta versions of MX 6 in this forum so that people start using it and sending you their feeback instead of asking them to subcribe or register to the telegraph site. 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:57 AM, AaronX said:

I too remain very confused.

You've set out why you've chosen BSV over the other blockchain protocols, and that seems to make sense. But you haven't answered the much more important starter question: what has a browser got to do with ANY kind of blockchain? Why do I want it? What benefit does it offer me? And how can a web browser be "built on" what I thought was a system of digital currencies?

Right now its not about you want. Its about what Jeff wants. Its not anti-consumer, but not consumer friendly right now. 

• 1 month later...

I appreciate Maxthon's concern for Bitcoin technology, and choosing to make it traceable to discourage criminals.  Those who don't get it eventually will, and maybe sooner than they think. Bill Gates once said that nobody could ever use more than 64K of RAM, and he's a smart, visionary guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Individuals needs a program that steady. This any blockchain and so forth I don't get it. So please discharge the alpha or beta variants of MX 6 in this gathering so individuals begin utilizing it and sending you their feeback as opposed to asking them to subcribe or enroll to the message site.

• 1 month later...

Archived