MX6 Explanation: Settings

BugSir006

Today, we will talk about the Settings of Maxthon 6. Compared with Maxthon 5, Maxthon 6 provides more personalized settings. Let's take a look at it.

1.png

• Startup page settings

2.png

You can open a page or pages when you launch MX6 on your computer. It can be a specific page, like New tab, About:blank, Last Session, or it can be a set of pages.

• Quick save images

3.png

In "Settings>General>Quick save images",  tick "Quick Save images by clicking while holding the Ctrl key" and the images can be saved to the default folder.

• Tab settings

4.png

In "Settings>Tab" page, you can do more personalized settings for a tab. You can decide how to open or close a tab and select the position when you create new tab or switch to which tab after closing a tab. MX6 does its best to meet the needs of users in different scenarios and habits.

• Personalized appearance settings

5.png

In "Settings>Appearance>Theme", you can personalize your MX6 by changing themes. Besides "Classic Dark Blue" and "Classic Light Blue", you can also find more browser themes in the Theme Store. In the "Interface", you can choose to show some button in address bar or not. Besides that, MX6 provides other customization of appearance, such as customizing fonts and font size.

6.png

Moreover, MX6 inherits the "Customize UI" menu, so that you can set the interface more easily and quickly.

7.png

• Mouse Gesture

8.png

MX6 inherits MX5's built-in mouse gestures feature. You can click "More mouse gestures" to get more action selections.

• Advanced settings

9.png

In "Settings>Advanced" page, there are the settings about Privacy and security, Accessibility, System, Cache path and Reset settings. With functions optimized, MX6 will open more underlying settings. MX6 can not only become a good browser for ordinary users, but also it can be the best choice for enthusiasts.

• Summary

The Settings of MX6 is still improving. In the Beta version, we will create more convenient features. Your advices and suggestions are always welcome!

If you read carefully all the threads you'll find lots of suggestions and stuff to build a revamped browser. Opera and Edge still got built-in features for suggestions and bug reports, even with screen captures.

for the moment MX6 is still in nurture for me, i don't worry, i'm waiting for things to come and i got time

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

MX6 can not only become a good browser for ordinary users, but also it can be the best choice for enthusiasts

It could be, but at least integrate the options and tools that were already in MX5, if we do not have the same (or less) than in other browsers

My usage experience is still better on MX5 than MX6/chrome

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

The Settings of MX6 is still improving. In the Beta version, we will create more convenient features. Your advices and suggestions are always welcome!

URL aliases, please! They're the real constant time-saver that keeps me using Maxthon over other browsers.

14 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

And of these requests, is something going to be raised?

Because part of my data (user / pass) and bookmarks in the QA are trapped there

Hi pantantrollo, this function will be added to the future version.

Hi all.Unfortunately I had left using Maxthon.Now that Maxthon 6 will be out,I feel I can return to Maxthon.Thanks a lot Maxthon developers!Please consider the following ideas:

I hate videos being auto buffered.even I do not click play button,it is being buffered in the background.(not auto play, auto buffer)

Also please let us change user agent as in Maxthon 5. Enable this setting.

Please make a blank page for new tab (with no quick access)

This setting is empty: site settings for example: mx://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maxthon.com

Make a setting that we can turn "check Maxthon is default browser" off.

Please share a page that we can follow new versions of Maxthon 6 besides telegram. (any news on beta?)

Sorry if this is not the right place to share my ideas.

2 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

I hate videos being auto buffered.even I do not click play button,it is being buffered in the background.(not auto play, auto buffer)

Also please let us change user agent as in Maxthon 5. Enable this setting.

Make a setting that we can turn "check Maxthon is default browser" off.

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward these requests to the product team.

Please make a blank page for new tab (with no quick access)

It has been added to the Maxthon 6. Go to Settings>General>On startup>About:blank.

This setting is empty: site settings for example: mx://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.maxthon.com

This known issue has been reported to the dev team.?

3 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

Please share a page that we can follow new versions of Maxthon 6 besides telegram. (any news on beta?)

In our forum, we have a test area for testers. If you'd like to join our test team please feel free to contact me. We probably release the beta version in this month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 6:41 PM, Magdalene said:

He means without the Searchbox or Easy Access icons. 

i.e 

New tab_20200514163404.png

On 5/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, BugSir006 said:

Thank you! Reported to the product team. ?

Thank you! I dont mean the new tab in the startup. I mean a blank page when we open a new tab, even without a background.

• 4 weeks later...

BUGSIR! Desperately NEEDS WebGL-settings! Some applications doesn't works.

in MX5 was constantly pop-ups "not enough memory", now in MX6 the other one: "Java error! Check java settings."

)meanwhile OPERA works properly(

7 hours ago, Pablo(92131) said:

When I use the drag and drop for a new tab, it loses focus unlike in the older Maxthon 5 version.

Could you describe the issue in detail or send a short video to me? I tried to test but haven't reproduced.

2) No status bar.

It has been forwarded to the product team.

3) Ctrl + click does not work on Instagram and other websites to save images.

Bug reported.

5 hours ago, dezinto said:

BUGSIR! Desperately NEEDS WebGL-settings! Some applications doesn't works.

in MX5 was constantly pop-ups "not enough memory", now in MX6 the other one: "Java error! Check java settings."

)meanwhile OPERA works properly(

Could you send the specific URL and screenshot of this issue?

When I drag a link to open a new tab, the new tab takes focus and it takes me away from the current tab. In Maxthon 5 I can drag links and open several tabs, but the one I am currently on does not lose focus. The behavior is normal when I use the middle mouse button, but I lose the current tab focus when dragging to open a new link.

9 hours ago, Pablo(92131) said:

When I drag a link to open a new tab, the new tab takes focus and it takes me away from the current tab. In Maxthon 5 I can drag links and open several tabs, but the one I am currently on does not lose focus. The behavior is normal when I use the middle mouse button, but I lose the current tab focus when dragging to open a new link.

You can uncheck "open drag text in new tab."?

MaxthonSnap20200624112231.png

12 hours ago, dezinto said:

This is it:

clpb.jpg

Could you let me know how to reproduce this issue? I will test it as soon as possible.

Story is simple:

- I'm going to site and authorizing.

- Then launching game.

- At 5% progress this message appears.

Then (even after completed loading) nothing's happen

In MX5 while 95% progress appears  "insufficient memory" message and loading interrupts.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:36 AM, sakoz6805711 said:

lock/unlock tab function

Hi there, it has the similar function "pin tab."

• video downloader
  • resource sniffer

Will be added to the future version. ?

right click and hold + scroll mouse gesture (i'm setting it to zoom in / out)

It will be reported to the product team. :Hugging_Face_Emoji_42x42:

games.affect3dstore.com

but you can try only DEMO. the rest needs authorization.

the matter of WebGL problem (imho) is optimal RAM-limit used by MX6 (if it's sets).

very strange... the same games works perfect on android...

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thanks, BugSir! This is really helpful to know.

Is there a shortcut key setting somewhere? I'd like to reinstate Alt+Z as reopening closed tabs.

I've also found that whilst Ctrl+[arrow] works to switch between tabs on my desktop computer, it isn't working on my laptop. I can't see any difference in the settings between the two installs though. Any help?! ?

16 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thank you and all the best for the Max6 team! :)

16 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

but its not the same because with lock / unlock u can't close the tab until u unlock it first... its different with the pin tab which is just make it to small tab without close button but still can be close with gesture or keyboard shortcut

Archived