Maxthon 6 Alpha 2 Test Completed

BugSir006

image.png

After nearly a week, the MX6 alpha 2 test was successfully completed. We have received many praises and constructive suggestions for browser performance and basic functions from hundreds of Maxthon supporters worldwide. On behalf of Maxthon USA Inc., we would like to express our sincere gratitude for your active participation and enthusiastic feedback.

Through user discussions in the test group, we can see that many users expressed their support and expectations for MX6 alpha 2.

Better performance, faster response

Compared with the MX5 browser, MX6 alpha 2 is much faster. Especially opening multiple tabs, its loading capacity and less RAM usage are more prominent. Let's look at feedback from test groups.

1.png

MX6 is fast.

2.png

A: "The speed of web page loading of MX6 is twice as fast as MX5."

B: " More than twice"

3.png

The website loading speed of MX6 is fast.

Smooth data import,  good browser inheritance

MX6 is a different product line from MX5. The data of Maxthon 5 and Maxthon 6 cannot be synced, but MX6 can synchronize your data through the cloud.

In MX6, you can synchronize your data from the local database to the cloud. If your Maxthon account has used and retained data in previous versions of Maxthon, these data will be automatically synced to your MX6 when syncing the data for the first time. After that, if you want to use both browsers, the data will not be synced but will be synchronized separately under their product lines.

Of course, if you want to import MX5 data into MX6 in stages, you can also use the Import/Export user data function. MX6 team may provide a more convenient function to meet users' needs in different scenarios.

Separate Bookmarks and Maxnote

Maxnote in the MX5 browser has always been a controversial product. Some users think the Maxnote is easy to use; while some users who are used to the traditional favorites feel a bit uncomfortable.

To balance the two kinds of user experience, MX6 coexists with Bookmarks and Maxnote. If you like Maxnote, please continue to enjoy it. If you like traditional favorites, please use the "Bookmark" function. When you use MX6 for the first time, it will automatically import the URLs marked as favorites in Maxnote into Bookmarks.

User's affirmation and expectation for MX6

MX6 chooses the Chromium open-source kernel as the foundation. Chromium kernel is famous for a series of features such as security, fluency and stability. MX6 inherits these features and fully supports the Chrome addons library.

Although MX6 Alpha 2 has some issues or some small bugs, it is still praised and expected by users.

4.png

The new version is cool!

5.png

I don’t want to use Edge and Chrome after using MX 6.

6.png

I use the Maxthon browser from the MyIE2 version,  I can't give up. I hope MX6 will be perfected as soon as possible, I am looking forward to it.

7.png

8.png

9.png

Your support is our driving force. Thank you for your support and love. We will continue to work hard!

2 hours ago, gsoulos said:

Version .900 has a quite problematic behavior. Crashing every 30 minutes with just a black screen. Totally unresponsive when that happens. Windows 10 System

Hi there, did you uninstall the version 800 then install 900? We recommend you to uninstall the previous version then install the new one.

2 hours ago, SimoFLC said:

Are you going to keep Source Sniffer?

This product team will consider this function seriously. ?

9 hours ago, gsoulos said:

Version .900 has a quite problematic behavior. Crashing every 30 minutes with just a black screen. Totally unresponsive when that happens. Windows 10 System

I uninstalled all previous versions and I fresh installed .900. The same situation occured after lets say 1.30 hours. Maxthon paused, restarted itself and it messaged me to restore the pages I visited...other than this (which is critical) this version is ok

On 4/6/2020 at 10:30 AM, pantantrollo said:

Alpha .900 , update chrome?

15 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

I get the same message with the same build, 900-D

Thank you for your feedback. The version of core of Maxthon 6 is Chromium 76, this issue will be improved in the future.

On 4/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, did you uninstall the version 800 then install 900? We recommend you to uninstall the previous version then install the new one.

This product team will consider this function seriously. ?

my wife is going to kill you if you don't?

11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you describe the steps cause this issue?

There are no specific steps. Just opening the browser and surfing. Ok do not have the focus only to Maxthon. 2-3 other programmes running (Telegram, File Manager and a Torrent client QBittorrent). Max tabs opened simultaneously are 3-5. Extensions activated are Lastpass and IDM. All bookmarks, history and passwords imported by my active Chrome browser. Thats it. Nothing more nothing less)

Archived