Notice - Maxthon 6 Alpha 2.0 Version Internal Test

BugSir006

0325.png

We will launch the internal test of the Maxthon 6 browser Alpha 2.0 version today.

MX6 is a new browser designed and developed by Maxthon USA Inc, which chooses Chromium as the new kernel. MX6 is a different product line from MX5. It is not an upgrade of MX5 and will operate independently.

The internal test will invite Maxthon supporters worldwide to participate. Please try it in the real user environment, and help us to improve the quality and user experience.

• Please experience the smoothness and stability of basic browser functions such as installation, startup, web visiting, etc.;
  • Please experience the traditional MX5 features under the new foundation, such as Split Screen, Mouse Gestures, Maxnote, Passkeeper, etc.;
  • Please experience the data integrity and stability of MX6 Alpha 2.0 after importing MX5 user data;
  • Please experience the compatibility and interaction of MX6 Alpha 2.0 in importing data from other browsers (such as Chrome);
  • Please experience the performance of MX6 Alpha 2.0 in compatible with Chrome addons.

The internal test period is from March 27, 2020 to April 1, 2020. If you are willing to feedback issues to improve the product and agree with the internal test rules, please join the test group and get the test installation package.(Test group: NBdomain & MX6, https://t.me/nbdomain )

We hope that testers can fill in the questionnaire after testing, and send the problems found during the test as well as the comments and suggestions on MX6 to the email: mx6test@maxthon.net. 

Please note that MX6 Alpha 2.0 is a phased internal test version. This version cannot be distributed and used as a formal one. MX6 team will not provide maintenance and support for this version. To avoid data errors caused by continuous use, please uninstall and delete the test package after the end of the internal test.

Thank you for your consistent support.

why is it necessary to join somewhere else to get this version - is this not the official forum of Maxthon  - you have testers here and a by invite only tester section - what point does that serve if you push versions to anyone who joins the Telegraph group which is effectively public

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

52 minutes ago, A.S. said:

I really don't understand why you don't post MX6 alpha here.

Hi A.S., the alpha version has been uploaded to the test group in this forum. We are testing the basic functions, some features are not available and it may cause the new tab page data loss. Many features are under test. If you'd like to join the test group to help us improve, please feel free to contact me.

The alpha 2 version is the same as the alpha 6.0.0.800 ? or they are different versions. In the telegram group I found only 6.0.0.800

If the answer is yes, then I'll say something:

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Please experience the data integrity and stability of MX6 Alpha 2.0 after importing MX5 user data;

The facility hasn't asked me to care about anything at all.
Once inside mx6, importing from mx5 is the poorest regarding importing from chrome, firefox and internet explorer, quite pathetic. It only gives you the option to import bookmarks and history, no passwd and no QA

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:
  • Please experience the performance of MX6 Alpha 2.0 in compatible with Chrome addons.

If the extension is compressed (even with .pem certificate) and this extension is NOT in the chrome shop, it is not allowed to be activated (curiously if the charge is unpacked from another chrome installation, it operates or similar, if left)

To this I add the post I already put about all that mx6 lacks, to be called maxthon

On 3/27/2020 at 6:08 AM, BugSir006 said:

0325.png

We will launch the internal test of the Maxthon 6 browser Alpha 2.0 version today.

MX6 is a new browser designed and developed by Maxthon USA Inc, which chooses Chromium as the new kernel. MX6 is a different product line from MX5. It is not an upgrade of MX5 and will operate independently.

The internal test will invite Maxthon supporters worldwide to participate. Please try it in the real user environment, and help us to improve the quality and user experience.

• Please experience the smoothness and stability of basic browser functions such as installation, startup, web visiting, etc.;
  • Please experience the traditional MX5 features under the new foundation, such as Split Screen, Mouse Gestures, Maxnote, Passkeeper, etc.;
  • Please experience the data integrity and stability of MX6 Alpha 2.0 after importing MX5 user data;
  • Please experience the compatibility and interaction of MX6 Alpha 2.0 in importing data from other browsers (such as Chrome);

The internal test period is from March 27, 2020 to April 1, 2020. If you are willing to feedback issues to improve the product and agree with the internal test rules, please join the test group and get the test installation package.(Test group: NBdomain & MX6, https://t.me/nbdomain )

We hope that testers can fill in the questionnaire after testing, and send the problems found during the test as well as the comments and suggestions on MX6 to the email: mx6test@maxthon.net. 

Please note that MX6 Alpha 2.0 is a phased internal test version. This version cannot be distributed and used as a formal one. MX6 team will not provide maintenance and support for this version. To avoid data errors caused by continuous use, please uninstall and delete the test package after the end of the internal test.

Thank you for your consistent support.

Aaah, i don't have telegram .. i wished that i can help you .. but i'm sure i'll use him

18 hours ago, Zura Chelidze said:

How can i change download folder

Hello, currently, this option is not available for Maxthon 6. But the product team has recorded this request. ?

On 3/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, DONG DONG said:

Aaah, i don't have telegram .. i wished that i can help you .. but i'm sure i'll use him

Hi DONG DONG, I have added you to the tester group in this forum, you could access the "Early Access" for checking the test version. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Seriously?  I don't want to join another GIMMICK thing...

Just use DISCORD like normal people will you all...

Make a MAXTHON Discord Server, and we can all join it...

FYI, it's free... (though, not 100% sure it's free for "mass" users, like a business, that would have 1,000's join the server?  That would need to be checked.)

21 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Not a member of Telegram or an official tester so can't test. Would like a copy just to keep up with development

Hi there, I have added you to the tester group. ? You could access the Early Access to check the alpha version.

20 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, I have added you to the tester group. ? You could access the Early Access to check the alpha version.

so anyone can become a tester now it seems - post here and you are added to the group - so why not make it open to all - you will have no control over it soon as the test versions are posted anywhere and everywhere

the whole project seems like a waste of time

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

1 minute ago, Tony said:

so anyone can become a tester now it seems - post here and you are added to the group - so why not make it open to all - you will have no control over it soon as the test versions are posted anywhere and everywhere

the whole project seems like a waste of time

We checked their previous posts and the date on which they joined our forum. If new testers can not provide the new feedback, maybe we will remove them from the tester group.

12 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

We checked their previous posts and the date on which they joined our forum. If new testers can not provide the new feedback, maybe we will remove them from the tester group.

Let's see, if there's a telegram group open, what control are you going to have?

9 hours ago, pantantrollo said:

Let's see, if there's a telegram group open, what control are you going to have?

The test version has many bugs, we just provide a new group for the BSV players to know about the new project news. It belongs to the marketing section.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chantao said:

Every time there is an update my 40 extensions are gone; and I wonder if MX6 works like Chrome, why I do it again and again with MX6

Hi Chantao, the function of extensions sync will be optimized in the future version. ?

Archived