Reseting forum moderators

MaxthonJeff

Dear all,

Thanks for all your support at Maxthon forum. It’s a long journey. Maxthon has been very popular and innovative in the earlier days and been not that sexy for several years. I want to send my thanks to all forum moderators who helped in this journey. 

I know some of you are not happy with Maxthon today, some are busy working with other things. It’s 100% normal. 

You may know that we are building Maxthon 6. The team is still trying their best to be innovitive and put 100% energy into it. We also need all forum management team have time and energy to activly helping people and manage the forum .

Here I have reset all community moderators to member level, allowing all people who want to help in managing the forum to start from the very beginning.

Anyone who still want to help managing the forum, being moderators of any sub forum, can PM me your request. But before the request, please consider the following requirements,

1. You shall have helped other people in the forum constantly.

2. You shall have shown positive attitude in handling different issues.

3. You shall have enough experience in browser product.

4. You shall have some basic understanding of managing communities.

All the best

Jeff 

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

Jeff,

It is no secret that I have expressed hot and cold posts on here over the years. Despite all of that, it has been an honour representing Maxthon as both an ambassador and, at one point, as a community manager. I do not regret being part of Maxthon's growth and what it stands for, and being able to be part of a community that shared those common values.

However, I do not wish to request for my moderator privileges to be renewed. I wish you and everyone the best for the future of Maxthon.

Kind regards,

Bricky

5 hours ago, bricky149 said:

Jeff,

It is no secret that I have expressed hot and cold posts on here over the years. Despite all of that, it has been an honour representing Maxthon as both an ambassador and, at one point, as a community manager. I do not regret being part of Maxthon's growth and what it stands for, and being able to be part of a community that shared those common values.

However, I do not wish to request for my moderator privileges to be renewed. I wish you and everyone the best for the future of Maxthon.

Kind regards,

Bricky

but you are still a mod - its just the admins he has sacked - seems odd as they did all the work over the years - not that theres much to do these days - Maxthon say they have 700 million users - you can pretty much count the users here on two hands - wonder where the other 699.999.990 are 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I'm taking fulltime ready to train for a new job. I've been considering a return for some time. I'll PM you now; seems redundant having contacted you already on Linkedin but...

I assume HISTORICAL constancy COUNTS? Well, not assume but hope. Actually, IDK if you mean in "ratio" to visit count or?

cooltext.png

23 hours ago, MaxthonJeff said:

to say the least, what an inelegant way to do : not even  a private message to let us know that we would be downgraded.

I should have taken this decision by myself, having not enough time left to moderate this place ( although there's not much to moderate now)

sigmax2.png

14 hours ago, bricky149 said:

Jeff,

Kind regards,

Bricky

Thanks Bricky, really appreciate all your contribution. Hope the best for you as well.

Best

Jeff

14 minutes ago, -ody- said:

to say the least, what an inelegant way to do : not even  a private message to let us know that we would be downgraded.

I should have taken this decision by myself, having not enough time left to moderate this place ( although there's not much to moderate now)

Sorry if it's not so elegant as you expected. You did contribute a lot to the forum. Hope everything go well with you.

Best

Jeff

??Set your payment address in profile if you have not. Let's reward people who contribute to Maxthon community. ❤️❤️ Click Here ❤️❤️

23 hours ago, Tony said:

but you are still a mod - its just the admins he has sacked - seems odd as they did all the work over the years - not that theres much to do these days - Maxthon say they have 700 million users - you can pretty much count the users here on two hands - wonder where the other 699.999.990 are 

Wasn't a mod for long. I also doubt the actual number but I have no hard data either way.

14 hours ago, MaxthonJeff said:

Sorry if it's not so elegant as you expected. You did contribute a lot to the forum. Hope everything go well with you.

Best

Jeff

may i correct you, @MaxthonJeff ? 

" Sorry to not have been so elegant you deserve to, as your contributions to this forum were and stays invaluable"

sounds better to an "elegant" french man, or in this case to an "elegant" french lady.. 

2 hours ago, bricky149 said:

Wasn't a mod for long. I also doubt the actual number but I have no hard data either way.

You did have modding duties for a while though, titles just changed, you got like junior mod then global then vice admin

I recall i had 18 warnings at 1 point you told me. The messing up your post 12/13 offtopic i think was when you began under nicole up till just now or you mean duties fulfilledwise?

700mil users? More dont register on the forum. unlike the plainish discuz, less integration unless i misrecall

Just noting in bug issues, little to contribute unanswered etc

cooltext.png

20 hours ago, Imanerd said:

You did have modding duties for a while though, titles just changed, you got like junior mod then global then vice admin

I recall i had 18 warnings at 1 point you told me. The messing up your post 12/13 offtopic i think was when you began under nicole up till just now or you mean duties fulfilledwise?

700mil users? More dont register on the forum. unlike the plainish discuz, less integration unless i misrecall

Just noting in bug issues, little to contribute unanswered etc

I had meant that I wasn't a mod for long after my post. As a whole I had been a mod for years but there hasn't been a whole lot to moderate.

I have no recollection about the second paragraph. I was a part-time community manager while Eric Hu was running the community side of things, that was back in 2013.

The CoinGeek talk says 670 million 'default' users. Perhaps the other 30 million realised that the monetisation of cryptocurrency isn't something that interests them when browsing the internet.

I will at least take enough of an interest to see what Maxthon 6 offers. I'm expecting a skinned Chromium akin to Microsoft's nuEdge browser to make good on Chrome Web Store support. As I'm a daily Linux user, chances are I won't be able to run it anyway.

Archived