Annoying Auto-Update. Is it possible to disable it?

Vic47

Well, Maxthon is cool, and, at times, very useful, but I'm still not using it as my main web browser, and, in fact, only using it once in maybe a few months or so. So I don't really need to keep it up to date all the time, but I would rather prefer to update it from time to time manually when I actually need that.
At the same time, I'm really limited in free hard disk space, and I can't expand it or free a significant amount of disk space right now - sometimes it's only about 30 Mb free or so on my hard drive - and Maxthon keeps popping up almost every few minutes asking for an automatic update, annoying me with these messages and eating the last megabytes on my hard disk in attempts of downloading and installing those updates that I don't even really need at the moment. And it gets really annoying and frustrating that I can't stop that and disable the automatic update - not to mention that the auto-update process takes part of my already far from modern laptop's hardware resources and internet traffic.
I'm trying to counter this behavior with third-party software, but I would really prefer it if I could configure that in the Maxthon browser itself (in the Options).
Am I missing something once again, and there is such an option already, or is it something that you've missed and haven't thought that someone would possibly ever need and it's a good thing to add in the future versions of the browser?
Also, where exactly does Maxthon put those downloaded update files (so I could locate and delete them if I don't need them and free at least a few more megabytes for other, more relevant stuff). 

Hmm, that's quite strange behavior then... Too bad that the popup window is partially in Chinese, so I can't fully understand what it is asking about.
My Maxthon Browser version is 5.2.7.5000 and the "about" window says it's the latest one...
I might try v5.3.8.2100, but, since I'm really limited in free hard disk space right now, and since I'm actually using Maxthon Browser quite rare lately, I'm afraid I might even consider uninstalling it soon, at least, for a while, until I'll get a hardware upgrade (I'm planning on getting an mSATA SSD module for my laptop, and, maybe, replacing the DVD-drive that I haven't used even once during the past few years anyway with an optibay module and getting a 2 or even 4 Tb HDD for it - probably, in a few months or so).
But I'm also looking forward for MX6, so, maybe, I'll check that too when it will be released.

Archived