passkeeper : 2 steps identification fails

-ody-

here is my webmail 

http://www.laposte.net/accueil

a couple of days ago, they have introduced a 2 step identification, which passkeeper fails to complete.

max1.png

When I try to right click "fill the form", the first field is not recognized as an email address, it fills the box with my family name instead.

max2.png max3.png

When I try with edge and lastpass, it works fine 

canari.png

sigmax2.png

that 's exactly what I tried : both double click and  right-click did not work (although it works fine with impots.gouv)

with double click : 

double.png 

the result is :

max3.png

wathever choice I make, magic fill fills the field with my family name instead of my email addresss.

general id.png

sigmax2.png

Hello -ody- ,

Seems that Passkeeper works the "right" way :

Its rule is based on the fact that "Account" as to be the field  (chain)  "username" , as Password should be the field "password"  

In your case, as "Adresse email" is just a label, the field itself is "login" but not "username".  

to the opposite, the field "Mot de Passe" is well labelled as field "password".

Seems that someone does not know his job ( the web designer of this new web page imo), as it seems that "username" as to be the right field chain  (conjecture), in other way we would have to consider that Account for Passkeeper as to be " username" or "login" or what else ? 

on impots.gouv.fr , the first field is a correct "username".

8 hours ago, Polaurent said:

Hello -ody- ,

Seems that Passkeeper works the "right" way :

Its rule is based on the fact that "Account" as to be the field  (chain)  "username" , as Password should be the field "password"  

In your case, as "Adresse email" is just a label, the field itself is "login" but not "username".  

to the opposite, the field "Mot de Passe" is well labelled as field "password".

Seems that someone does not know his job ( the web designer of this new web page imo), as it seems that "username" as to be the right field chain  (conjecture), in other way we would have to consider that Account for Passkeeper as to be " username" or "login" or what else ? 

on impots.gouv.fr , the first field is a correct "username".

you're probably right  despite a small detail which puzzles me :  lastpass on Edge works fine.....

sigmax2.png

if we say passkeeper  is based on the predefined labels mentioned above, that means this particular website doesn't match the rules of MX passkeeper. If it works correctly with edge; it could mean that Edge is more flexible than Maxthon. so far a try with FF or Opera will be more convenient.

According to an old thread MX seems  to be too restritive when it comes to autofill; i don't know if changes have been applied since then.

11 hours ago, -ody- said:

you're probably right  despite a small detail which puzzles me :  lastpass on Edge works fine.....

Each password saver  follows its own rules, they can be complex or as simple as Maxthon passkeeper's ones that works on text chains parsing.

in your case, it's clearly not enough.  

Archived