Mx6 questions and discussions


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Just imagine it's written Update to some beta versions 
and live a happy life

Why would I imagine such a stupid thing? Who wants such a feature? 
I want to be "up to date" in the full meaning of what "up to date" means.
If "update to beta" is not checked then I expect the latest stable release at the time of check, and when "update to beta" is checked it should be the latest beta.
This is how all other software works and Maxthon should follow that pattern.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, projektilski said:

Why would I imagine such a stupid thing? Who wants such a feature? 
I want to be "up to date" in the full meaning of what "up to date" means.
If "update to beta" is not checked then I expect the latest stable release at the time of check, and when "update to beta" is checked it should be the latest beta.
This is how all other software works and Maxthon should follow that pattern.

You are right
I just meant that it's not a big deal if it's not implemented while there are so many urgent issues that need to be addressed

like being on the latest chromium core

still it's a good idea they fix that annoyance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

You are right
I just meant that it's not a big deal if it's not implemented while there are so many urgent issues that need to be addressed

like being on the latest chromium core

still it's a good idea they fix that annoyance 

Yeah, this feature is not crucial, and there are more important things, but if you implement it, it needs to function like in all other applications. Also, that feature is already there, they just need to ditch the idea that "only some beta will be pushed through auto-update feature" and make it so that all betas are included.
I have multiple devices and it is a big annoyance to check every day if there is a new beta, download it, and then install it manually on all those devices. A fully working feature of auto-update where "up to date" really means up to date would make my life a lot easier. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, projektilski said:

Yeah, this feature is not crucial, and there are more important things, but if you implement it, it needs to function like in all other applications. Also, that feature is already there, they just need to ditch the idea that "only some beta will be pushed through auto-update feature" and make it so that all betas are included.
I have multiple devices and it is a big annoyance to check every day if there is a new beta, download it, and then install it manually on all those devices. A fully working feature of auto-update where "up to date" really means up to date would make my life a lot easier. 

I'm 100% with you.
And what I meant is that if the admins fix those high priority needs like the main core, most of the small issues will be fixed because of that
But do they listen?
Then again I guess it's something beyond their capabilities 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 5:27 AM, projektilski said:

Yeah, this feature is not crucial, and there are more important things, but if you implement it, it needs to function like in all other applications. Also, that feature is already there, they just need to ditch the idea that "only some beta will be pushed through auto-update feature" and make it so that all betas are included.
I have multiple devices and it is a big annoyance to check every day if there is a new beta, download it, and then install it manually on all those devices. A fully working feature of auto-update where "up to date" really means up to date would make my life a lot easier. 

Hi projektilski, I have checked with the development team on this and they have confirmed that each beta will be push once it is considered stable. Usually the pushing of each version will occur on either Wednesday or Thursday; after we released a new version on Monday and after some testing from users. In case if a version is found to contain quite a number of bugs then the team will not push through the version till all bugs are fixed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2024 at 7:25 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, I have checked with the development team on this and they have confirmed that each beta will be push once it is considered stable. Usually the pushing of each version will occur on either Wednesday or Thursday; after we released a new version on Monday and after some testing from users. In case if a version is found to contain quite a number of bugs then the team will not push through the version till all bugs are fixed.

Thank you for the information. This is acceptable behavior even though when we check "BETA" checkbox we do agree to receive an "unstable" version. So waiting for the user feedback to push it via auto-update should not be necessary, however, it is better to have a slight delay of a few days and receive the latest beta than not to receive it at all :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Raniw said:

The browser crashes when opening a new tab with the left mouse click (red circle), version 7.1.8.6400 and 7.1.8.6600.

Mx_Crash.JPG

P.S. Everything is fine in Maxthon 7.1.8.6200.

Hi Raniw, I have tested a few times on my side but could not reproduce same error. Did you do a clean install for the latest version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2024 at 3:47 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi darknessblade, it should be at the right side of the video.

 

image.png

I tried this feature so many times here, But it did not work and no video was ever uploaded through it.

Just now, DONG DONG said:

I tried this feature so many times here, But it did not work and no video was ever uploaded through it.

It's not like MX5 Downloader..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DONG DONG said:

I tried this feature so many times here, But it did not work and no video was ever uploaded through it.

Hi DONG DONG, is this based on the latest 7.1.8.6601 version? Could you kindly record a short video on this issue so I could get the developers to check on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, kvd71 said:

This happened on early beta versions, the new one also does not work

Hi kvd71, could you use the attached test version and try again?

Chrome-bin.zip

 

2 hours ago, Raniw said:

Maxthon 7.1.8.6800 - what engine? Chrome 121? Am I wrong?

20240226123951.jpg

Hi Raniw, the core is not updated as yet. The developers just sync for some website logic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 5:01 PM, N-n-n said:

While everyone decides to be Maxthon or not, https://eldfall-chronicles.com/  I recommend to catch up on the inconspicuous Pale Moon. It is an amazingly fast and lightweight browser, without crashes and problems. Hope that Maxthon 6  will soon appear fast and convenient. Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation!

Edited by TimTam
Link to comment
Share on other sites