×

Give a tip

Mx6 questions and discussions


Recommended Posts

Hello,

(why is there lag when I try to enter my reply here? seem to be from the formatting options)

 

A few things I have noticed:
1. In the last versions tabs close unexpectedly (crash) without a visible reason. This seems to happen all the time, so it couldn't be a click by mistake on my part. No such problem with the last MX5.

2. What happened with the top row of "hot" buttons on the new tab? I see the option is grayed and it used to be very convenient, especially when you customize it instead of the proposed hot sites.

image.thumb.png.50cfc98f3d1f8507292e5ab6216b3877.png

image.png.29a591bb2dd85c1b40587e26436268aa.png

3. What happened with the option to fill forms (user/pass) with a shortcut (ALT+q)? Is there some limitation on activating the user/pass fill option on sites with non-valid certificate or old security support (TLS < 1.2)?

4. Is there some internal/hidden default "shortcut" of CTRL+click to lock map scrolling? This happens only on MX6 and I can't seem to find the culprit and disable this behavior. CTRL+click should be used for multiple selection.

5. Is there still a way to activate double-click scrollbar behavior like in MX5 for go-to-top and go-to-bottom?

Thank you and truly sorry if these topics have been discussed already.

  • Like 1
Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

1. In the last versions tabs close unexpectedly (crash) without a visible reason. This seems to happen all the time, so it couldn't be a click by mistake on my part. No such problem with the last MX5.

Hi Dragoncho, may I know which version are you using? Could you install the latest version V6.1.3.409 and try to see if you encounter the same problem?

 

2 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

What happened with the top row of "hot" buttons on the new tab? I see the option is grayed and it used to be very convenient, especially when you customize it instead of the proposed hot sites.

For new tab page, only recommended websites will have the "hot" selection. Other websites that are added by users usually do not have the hot selection.

 

2 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

What happened with the option to fill forms (user/pass) with a shortcut (ALT+q)? Is there some limitation on activating the user/pass fill option on sites with non-valid certificate or old security support (TLS < 1.2)?

This will be added in the future versions.

 

2 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Is there some internal/hidden default "shortcut" of CTRL+click to lock map scrolling? This happens only on MX6 and I can't seem to find the culprit and disable this behavior. CTRL+click should be used for multiple selection.

lQLPDhrmw5DuD7vNAYTNBViwTpPqvpTY-OQBp1OQRoBPAA_1368_388.png

 

There's a quick save function. Press "Ctrl" and left click on mouse

 

2 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Is there still a way to activate double-click scrollbar behavior like in MX5 for go-to-top and go-to-bottom?

We will put up this request to the development team for their consideration :)

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 5:49 PM, rambo said:

today mx updated itself to Version6.1.2.3600(64-bit)1112
I tried to download one file - downloaded without problem.
Think bug is fixed, need more time to say for sure

Update: download problem still persists. Not on every download, but anyway.

Also with  new update 6.1.2.3600, once or twice a day I have problem, when double clicking on a tab (to close tab) crashes browser.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, rambo said:

Update: download problem still persists. Not on every download, but anyway.

Also with  new update 6.1.2.3600, once or twice a day I have problem, when double clicking on a tab (to close tab) crashes browser.

Hi rambo, could you try to install the latest version V6.1.3.409 and see if you encounter the same problem?

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, BugSir009, thank you for your kind attention!
 

On 11/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Dragoncho said:

1. In the last versions tabs close unexpectedly (crash) without a visible reason. This seems to happen all the time, so it couldn't be a click by mistake on my part. No such problem with the last MX5.

 

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dragoncho, may I know which version are you using? Could you install the latest version V6.1.3.409 and try to see if you encounter the same problem?

I'm using the latest beta 6.1.3.409 (64 bits) 1123, and I have initially installed the last beta at the moment of installation, so it should be the previous one. However, after seeing rambo's comment about the browser crash, I decide to check out the double click option, which I usually don't use. So it turned out to be enabled. I have disabled it and will test if the problem appears again, I have the feeling my clicks were somehow detected as double clicks.

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

For new tab page, only recommended websites will have the "hot" selection. Other websites that are added by users usually do not have the hot selection.

Actually I don't need the "hot" selection, but I would love to have back the small buttons on top, as shown from MX5. Is this possible, or it could be added as a request?

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Is there some limitation on activating the user/pass fill option on sites with non-valid certificate or old security support (TLS < 1.2)?

I understood that ALT+Q will be added, but what about the current implementation - does it have such limitation? I will make extensive testing, but otherwise it seems to work fine.
Another request about the password function - can you please activate a "Never update for this site" option for sites, which use tokens for 2FA, where there is a complex password?

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

There's a quick save function. Press "Ctrl" and left click on mouse

I know about this one, it is turned off, so it shouldn't affect the behavior. I would like to explain that the problem appears for me in Waze Map Editor (https://waze.com/editor), which you may also test, since it has a practice mode. The same effect appears briefly on Google Maps, but only while loading. After that it stops working like that. For now I just need to know if it's reproducible and if the behavior is from MX6 or something else.

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

We will put up this request to the development team for their consideration :)

Thank you, this is a very useful productivity feature and it would be great to have it back.

 

Kind regards!

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share