Mx6 questions and discussions

Hello,

(why is there lag when I try to enter my reply here? seem to be from the formatting options)

A few things I have noticed:
1. In the last versions tabs close unexpectedly (crash) without a visible reason. This seems to happen all the time, so it couldn't be a click by mistake on my part. No such problem with the last MX5.

2. What happened with the top row of "hot" buttons on the new tab? I see the option is grayed and it used to be very convenient, especially when you customize it instead of the proposed hot sites.

image.thumb.png.50cfc98f3d1f8507292e5ab6216b3877.png

image.png.29a591bb2dd85c1b40587e26436268aa.png

3. What happened with the option to fill forms (user/pass) with a shortcut (ALT+q)? Is there some limitation on activating the user/pass fill option on sites with non-valid certificate or old security support (TLS < 1.2)?

4. Is there some internal/hidden default "shortcut" of CTRL+click to lock map scrolling? This happens only on MX6 and I can't seem to find the culprit and disable this behavior. CTRL+click should be used for multiple selection.

5. Is there still a way to activate double-click scrollbar behavior like in MX5 for go-to-top and go-to-bottom?

Thank you and truly sorry if these topics have been discussed already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

1. In the last versions tabs close unexpectedly (crash) without a visible reason. This seems to happen all the time, so it couldn't be a click by mistake on my part. No such problem with the last MX5.

Hi Dragoncho, may I know which version are you using? Could you install the latest version V6.1.3.409 and try to see if you encounter the same problem?

What happened with the top row of "hot" buttons on the new tab? I see the option is grayed and it used to be very convenient, especially when you customize it instead of the proposed hot sites.

For new tab page, only recommended websites will have the "hot" selection. Other websites that are added by users usually do not have the hot selection.

What happened with the option to fill forms (user/pass) with a shortcut (ALT+q)? Is there some limitation on activating the user/pass fill option on sites with non-valid certificate or old security support (TLS < 1.2)?

This will be added in the future versions.

Is there some internal/hidden default "shortcut" of CTRL+click to lock map scrolling? This happens only on MX6 and I can't seem to find the culprit and disable this behavior. CTRL+click should be used for multiple selection.

lQLPDhrmw5DuD7vNAYTNBViwTpPqvpTY-OQBp1OQRoBPAA_1368_388.png

There's a quick save function. Press "Ctrl" and left click on mouse

Is there still a way to activate double-click scrollbar behavior like in MX5 for go-to-top and go-to-bottom?

We will put up this request to the development team for their consideration :)

On 11/22/2021 at 5:49 PM, rambo said:

today mx updated itself to Version6.1.2.3600(64-bit)1112
I tried to download one file - downloaded without problem.
Think bug is fixed, need more time to say for sure

Update: download problem still persists. Not on every download, but anyway.

Also with  new update 6.1.2.3600, once or twice a day I have problem, when double clicking on a tab (to close tab) crashes browser.

12 hours ago, rambo said:

Update: download problem still persists. Not on every download, but anyway.

Also with  new update 6.1.2.3600, once or twice a day I have problem, when double clicking on a tab (to close tab) crashes browser.

Hi rambo, could you try to install the latest version V6.1.3.409 and see if you encounter the same problem?

Hi, BugSir009, thank you for your kind attention!

On 11/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Dragoncho said:

23 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dragoncho, may I know which version are you using? Could you install the latest version V6.1.3.409 and try to see if you encounter the same problem?

I'm using the latest beta 6.1.3.409 (64 bits) 1123, and I have initially installed the last beta at the moment of installation, so it should be the previous one. However, after seeing rambo's comment about the browser crash, I decide to check out the double click option, which I usually don't use. So it turned out to be enabled. I have disabled it and will test if the problem appears again, I have the feeling my clicks were somehow detected as double clicks.

For new tab page, only recommended websites will have the "hot" selection. Other websites that are added by users usually do not have the hot selection.

Actually I don't need the "hot" selection, but I would love to have back the small buttons on top, as shown from MX5. Is this possible, or it could be added as a request?

Is there some limitation on activating the user/pass fill option on sites with non-valid certificate or old security support (TLS < 1.2)?

I understood that ALT+Q will be added, but what about the current implementation - does it have such limitation? I will make extensive testing, but otherwise it seems to work fine.
Another request about the password function - can you please activate a "Never update for this site" option for sites, which use tokens for 2FA, where there is a complex password?

There's a quick save function. Press "Ctrl" and left click on mouse

I know about this one, it is turned off, so it shouldn't affect the behavior. I would like to explain that the problem appears for me in Waze Map Editor (https://waze.com/editor), which you may also test, since it has a practice mode. The same effect appears briefly on Google Maps, but only while loading. After that it stops working like that. For now I just need to know if it's reproducible and if the behavior is from MX6 or something else.

We will put up this request to the development team for their consideration :)

Thank you, this is a very useful productivity feature and it would be great to have it back.

Kind regards!

On 11/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Dragoncho said:

Actually I don't need the "hot" selection, but I would love to have back the small buttons on top, as shown from MX5. Is this possible, or it could be added as a request?

Hi Dragoncho, we have already submitted this request to the development team for their consideration.

On 11/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Dragoncho said:

I know about this one, it is turned off, so it shouldn't affect the behavior. I would like to explain that the problem appears for me in Waze Map Editor (https://waze.com/editor), which you may also test, since it has a practice mode. The same effect appears briefly on Google Maps, but only while loading. After that it stops working like that. For now I just need to know if it's reproducible and if the behavior is from MX6 or something else.

We manage to reproduce this issue on our end. Have already reported this bug to the team :)

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, Rainman said:

After installing 6.1.3.500(64 bit)1126 (Windows 10), QA - resetted to zero!

Hi Rainman, please try to restore the data via the local backup file.

Could you let me know the operating steps that caused this issue? This issue happened in the guest account or the browser account? The previous version was 6.1.3.409 or 6.1.2.3600?

Hi, I just found a bookmark bug. When I have set a folder for the bookmarks bar, when I drag and drop a bookmark to rearrange them, it goes to the main folder instead. Please kindly check it.

The rearrange in the bookmarks manager works fine.

Edited by Dragoncho

39 minutes ago, Dragoncho said:

Hi, I just found a bookmark bug. When I have set a folder for the bookmarks bar, when I drag and drop a bookmark to rearrange them, it goes to the main folder instead. Please kindly check it.

The rearrange in the bookmarks manager works fine.

Bug reported.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nigelburge said:

Just installed Android v.6.0.2.3100.

Bookmarks wlll not sync. Everything else syncs fine - just nothing in bookmarks.

This seems to be an on going problem with v 6.0.2.xxxx

Can you please fix this?

Hi nigelburge, please try to install this attached 6.0.2.3400 then check the bookmarks again.

mx6_6.0.2.3400.apk

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi nigelburge, if possible could you uninstall the version, reinstall and try logging in again?

Just done that - no change whatsoever. Still cannot sync bookmarks.

On a different note - did you know that one can only reply to this forum on the PC version. There is no way to reply on the Andoid version!

Hi,

There is an overlay issue with the PiP video playback window.
image.png.1e2210d3e77775e083badd7c3031e4e5.png

As you can see, some buttons are hidden and the others are over them. I'm not sure if both sets can be accessible, but at least they shouldn't be on top of each other and the bottom ones still visible.

Kind regards!

1 hour ago, Dragoncho said:

Hi,

There is an overlay issue with the PiP video playback window.
image.png.1e2210d3e77775e083badd7c3031e4e5.png

As you can see, some buttons are hidden and the others are over them. I'm not sure if both sets can be accessible, but at least they shouldn't be on top of each other and the bottom ones still visible.

Kind regards!

Hi Dragoncho, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.3.600. Please try to update it.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, nigelburge said:

No change I'm afraid! It doesn't work.

I stopped Maxthon, cleared the cache, restarted and tried to sync - it still does nothing.

Just checked it again and.............all bookmarks have now synced perfectly. 

I presume it was a problem with your server which you have now put right.

Thanks anyway.

• Like 2