Mx6 questions and discussions

2 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

Version 2500.
On the corporate network is not included in the account and is not updated?
Are there any ports other than 80 used for this?
Is there a way out of this situation?

Hi JoeRee1968, do you mean your account details are not sync or you couldn't log into your account? Could you kindly show us a screenshot/video on this issue?

10 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi JoeRee1968, do you mean your account details are not sync or you couldn't log into your account? Could you kindly show us a screenshot/video on this issue?

- When I first start Maxthon and try to connect to my account, the connection fails.
- When I take a home copy of Maxthon with a saved username and password, run it on the corporate network, it starts with my account. But at the same time, synchronization does not work. Bookmarks, entries, passwords are not synchronized - it just spins for a while until I stop it.
At the same time, the house is working normally.

10 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

- When I first start Maxthon and try to connect to my account, the connection fails.
- When I take a home copy of Maxthon with a saved username and password, run it on the corporate network, it starts with my account. But at the same time, synchronization does not work. Bookmarks, entries, passwords are not synchronized - it just spins for a while until I stop it.
At the same time, the house is working normally.

Hi JoeRee1968, could you provide the log files for this account for us to look into it?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bug, not feature request or suggestion.. Just couple of questions about mx , if I may

Read somewhere Maxthon is default browser for more then 600 million people. It seems to me a little bit overstated.
1) Maybe 600 millions is all users, not default? Why when you search "top browsers", you cant find there MX? Do you have any MX stats?

2) How to pronounce Maxthon correctly?

3) For me Mx is best browser - 100%. And when I recommend it to someone, they ask why it is so good. I tell them about super drug, tab mutes, global mute, zoom on status bar, mouse gestures, direct URL shortcuts, quick save, right click on "+" opens new tab with url in clipboard, double click closes tab,   e.t.c...

I cant imagine without this features today.   Restore last opened tab icon and restoring all tabs after pc/browser crash since version MX2. Nobody had those features in 2000x and even today. 

Can you list you favorite MX features that other browser (Chrome)) missing? And features, that MX implemented first, and now became mainstream

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rambo said:

Read somewhere Maxthon is default browser for more then 600 million people. It seems to me a little bit overstated.
1) Maybe 600 millions is all users, not default? Why when you search "top browsers", you cant find there MX? Do you have any MX stats?

2) How to pronounce Maxthon correctly?

Don't forget the Chinese users. I don't know if they show up in the statistics.

• Like 2

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

You moved "delete" option in bookmarks to submenu? ?

"delete" is far most used option. #1 -  why to hide it, make harder to access? ?

#2 is "rename". Personally I dont mind "cut, copy, paste" in submenu, although honestly dont see purpose of those Triangle submenus 

// also missing (from older versions of MX) direct access to 'bookmark all tabs" when right clicking on the tab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rambo said:

"delete" is far most used option. #1 -  why to hide it, make harder to access? ?

Hi rambo, yes we moved it to the submenu because there are users' feedback saying they tend to click on delete accidentally when on the main menu.

2 hours ago, rambo said:

#2 is "rename". Personally I dont mind "cut, copy, paste" in submenu, although honestly dont see purpose of those Triangle submenus 

These are the functions that were already in place.

2 hours ago, rambo said:

// also missing (from older versions of MX) direct access to 'bookmark all tabs" when right clicking on the tab.

This is under 'Add to the new tab page' sub-menu.

image.png

18 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi rambo, yes we moved it to the submenu because there are users' feedback saying they tend to click on delete accidentally when on the main menu.

2 hours ago, rambo said:

I suggest to make "recycle bin" of bookmarks for such cases :))

But if many users need it in sub-menu, I dont mind. V6.1.2.2600 suits my needs and I probably revert to older version.

18 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

This is under 'Add to the new tab page' sub-menu.

I know that in In sub-menu. Just wrote my opinion it would be better in menu (not sub) , but not big problem :)

Also noticed, you made "restore tab" drop down list narrower (less informative) in new version

Edited by rambo

44 minutes ago, rambo said:

I suggest to make "recycle bin" of bookmarks for such cases :))

But if many users need it in sub-menu, I dont mind. V6.1.2.2600 suits my needs and I probably revert to older version.

I know that in In sub-menu. Just wrote my opinion it would be better in menu (not sub) , but not big problem :)

Also noticed, you made "restore tab" drop down list narrower (less informative) in new version

Hi rambo, thank you for your suggestions. We have recorded your requests :)

On 9/10/2021 at 9:27 AM, rambo said:

I understand what BugSir009 says, but also in my opinion "delete" (and copy, cut, paste) must be in the main menu, as Windows want. The convenience and speed that make Maxthon unique should take precedence over the distraction of deleting some user. The additional suggestion to reintroduce the recycle bin as for MX5 is also good.

I thank all the developers and all the staff for the maturity that MX6 is reaching.

Edited by nogain
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:00 AM, nogain said:

I understand what BugSir009 says, but also in my opinion "delete" (and copy, cut, paste) must be in the main menu, as Windows want. The convenience and speed that make Maxthon unique should take precedence over the distraction of deleting some user. The additional suggestion to reintroduce the recycle bin as for MX5 is also good.

I thank all the developers and all the staff for the maturity that MX6 is reaching.

Hi nogain, thank you for your suggestions. Requests noted :)

• Like 1

I'm having problems with Maxthon that it doesn't show always translate button (all version, including latest 2800). It has some kind of autodiscover feature and only shows on some pages. I think it should bet there always.

Also, I have one PC which has bookmark sync issues. I seems as I have separate bookmarks for that PC then the rest. I deleted and cleaned profile folders, reinstalled latest beta (2800) and it synced back same old bookmarks. 

Edited by projektilski

11 hours ago, projektilski said:

I'm having problems with Maxthon that it doesn't show always translate button (all version, including latest 2800). It has some kind of autodiscover feature and only shows on some pages. I think it should bet there always.

Hi projektilski, you could install the extension: Google translate ?

11 hours ago, projektilski said:

Also, I have one PC which has bookmark sync issues. I seems as I have separate bookmarks for that PC then the rest. I deleted and cleaned profile folders, reinstalled latest beta (2800) and it synced back same old bookmarks. 

Did you delete the bookmarks from bookmark manager page mx://bookmarks?

Am I the only one, whos Facebook loading much slower after yesterday's update? 

UPDATE: not only FB, many websites with pictures and posts, when you scroll down, items are loaded slowly, or not loaded at all. Happened right  after update. Cash cleared.

Edited by rambo

BugSir009 Hello
Yes, I am uncomfortable with this function. Because I'm struggling to find the tab I want from the drop-down menu at the end of the tabs to go to the tab I'm looking for.
The old one was better. So the tab size is getting smaller, but the tab I was looking for was in sight.
Thank you. 
image.png.99d84da319b92700f6f4f3dbb5924c88.png

Edited by Toros

15 hours ago, Toros said:

BugSir009 Hello
Yes, I am uncomfortable with this function. Because I'm struggling to find the tab I want from the drop-down menu at the end of the tabs to go to the tab I'm looking for.
The old one was better. So the tab size is getting smaller, but the tab I was looking for was in sight.
Thank you. 
image.png.99d84da319b92700f6f4f3dbb5924c88.png

Hi Toros, noted and we will record your feedback :)

On 9/19/2021 at 7:45 PM, rambo said:

Am I the only one, whos Facebook loading much slower after yesterday's update? 

UPDATE: not only FB, many websites with pictures and posts, when you scroll down, items are loaded slowly, or not loaded at all. Happened right  after update. Cash cleared.

Hi rambo, did you install any extensions? Try to disable the extensions then try this issue again, please.

As you know, Optimized tab bar (added the drop-down list) 
has been added in the latest version.
I do not find this feature useful.
1- Can't this feature be optional? Can't such an option be added to the settings?
2- If not, is it possible to limit the number of tabs to 15 or 20?
Thank you...