Mx6 questions and discussions

21 hours ago, Raniw said:

Hello.

Wish - in the address bar https:// change the color to greenЗнай.JPG

http:// change color to yellow

and red accordingly Знак.JPG

Hi Raniw, request recorded.

18 hours ago, Rainman said:

in the case of the portable version, the files of the new version - in any case fall into a separate folder.image.png.9a23203c882832409cc37d12833edb9c.png

Hi Rainman, could you send me the crash data so I could forward to the developers for them to check further?

11 hours ago, Rainman said:

and what is a crash data? the browser did not issue any error messages

6 hours ago, DONG DONG said:

Why can't I change the locations of the sites in the bookmarks page?
I can only do that from the bookmarks bar.

Hi DONG DONG, do you mean to move the bookmark to other folders?

On 1/31/2020 at 9:17 AM, pantantrollo said:

This will be optional?

Will there be any way for any user to opt out of the whole bigcoinc, biddata, bigXXX related theme that has the browser built in?

We will be able to "be free" to choose if we want such options BIGxxx?

Absolutely! Mx6 is designed to be an opt-in browser, so users will have the freedom to decide whether they want to use the features that connect to the Metanet. If you're looking for a browser that doesn't have any of these features, Mx6 won't be the right fit for you. However, if you're looking to explore the next generation of the internet, Mx6 is definitely worth checking out!

I am currently suffering from a odd bug.

I get the following error from time to time on "random" webpages: status_access_violation

according to a google search it has to do with addons/plugins

----------

It happens on multiple webpages. it has no clear cause for it.

I have not used any site-specific plugins on the webpages that it happened on till now.

the only plugin/addon that I use on all sites is Ublock origin.

--------

The system it happens on is a CLEAN installed PC, "without ANY PRIOR DATA" meaning it is a 100% clean install.

can someone tell me how to fix it, as it is quite annoying if pages suddenly shut down, and I have to refresh them?

---------

I have tried reinstalling ublock origin. right before making this post.

So I will report back later if the error still happens or not. as my first guess would be that it is caused by a bugged install of Ublock-origin.

[Edit: the error still happens after restarting maxthon, and reinstalling ublock origin]

It even happens on the mx://new_tab page

Edited by darknessblade

20 hours ago, darknessblade said:

I am currently suffering from a odd bug.

I get the following error from time to time on "random" webpages: status_access_violation

according to a google search it has to do with addons/plugins

----------

It happens on multiple webpages. it has no clear cause for it.

I have not used any site-specific plugins on the webpages that it happened on till now.

the only plugin/addon that I use on all sites is Ublock origin.

--------

The system it happens on is a CLEAN installed PC, "without ANY PRIOR DATA" meaning it is a 100% clean install.

can someone tell me how to fix it, as it is quite annoying if pages suddenly shut down, and I have to refresh them?

---------

I have tried reinstalling ublock origin. right before making this post.

So I will report back later if the error still happens or not. as my first guess would be that it is caused by a bugged install of Ublock-origin.

[Edit: the error still happens after restarting maxthon, and reinstalling ublock origin]

It even happens on the mx://new_tab page

Does your problem happen without the ublock origin installed or not?

Can you live without ublock origin?

2 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

I think I figured out the problem, it might have not have had anything to do with maxthon.

after testing my system, I figured out that one of my Ram-sticks was bad.

removing it looked to have resolved most of the issues.

if it still returns I will report back

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 5:19 PM, darknessblade said:

I think this might cause issues for users with smaller screens at home/travel, and bigger ones at work.

This should be per device setting. No need to have the same settings just because you are using the same account on every device. Also, it should be possible to set the boxes to flow, so they just arrange depending on the resolution. And, an option to just mirror the setting on another device, making it the exact copy and easy to work, especially if you remember your boxes location.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2023 at 7:04 PM, Mhzayer said:

Edit double post [notification issue with the forum, where it still showed as unread]

Edited by darknessblade

after updating maxthon to Version 7.0.2.1600
I find out that 
bookmarks are opened in NEW FOREGROUND tab, but I had them always to be opened in NEW BACKGROUND tab.
Why did you remove this option?

p.s. if I uncheck "open bookmark in new foreground tab" - then  bookmark is opened in existing tab (that is nooo good) 

p.p.s. is there new topic about mx7, or we continue to discuss new version in " Mx6 questions and discussions"?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rambo said:

after updating maxthon to Version 7.0.2.1600
I find out that 
bookmarks are opened in NEW FOREGROUND tab, but I had them always to be opened in NEW BACKGROUND tab.
Why did you remove this option?

p.s. if I uncheck "open bookmark in new foreground tab" - then  bookmark is opened in existing tab (that is nooo good) 

Hi rambo, after you have uncheck 'open bookmark in new foreground tab' you could press on 'Ctrl' and click on the bookmark for it to be open in background tab.

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi rambo, after you have uncheck 'open bookmark in new foreground tab' you could press on 'Ctrl' and click on the bookmark for it to be open in background tab.

old way, without pressing any extra key was better )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Dragoncho said:

Hello, during an update check, despite the option to install Beta versions, the latest version shown is the Stable. Please see the attached images.

2023-06-09_12-50-16_Maxthon.png

2023-06-09_12-49-28_Maxthon.png

2023-06-09_12-50-57_Maxthon.png

Hi Dragoncho, usually the development team will only push for update when official version is released; in this case the latest official version is V7.0.2.2001. Unless there is a major bug being fixed in latest beta, else the team will not push for auto update.

• Like 1

Often I open many tabs at once (10, 20, 30+) and then I close one by one (as needed).
First, everything goes well, but after 10 (20 or..) tabs action (closing tab) is late. And every other tab closing creates more problems. Eventually we have "not responding" message and possible crush. 

Notes:

I close tabs mostly by double click tab (but when closing by "x" I have the same effect). 
Problem also persists if you right click tab and "Close tabs to the right" etc.
First noticed, maybe 2-4 months ago.
I don't think that happens because of many tabs. I used to open much more tabs with older/weaker computers. 

PC config: Latest Win 11, 12th gen Intel CPU, 32gb RAM
MX - Version7.0.2.2300(64-bit)0605

Edited by rambo