Mx6 questions and discussions

Dear developers!

Please delete useless blank gap above "Quick Access" tiles.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.8537bf2f9038ba7f830c460a215c2fbe.png

Dear developers!

I preffer solid colors as background (insted of white screen or image).

Please add "Select background color from palette" into start screen settings.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.e1c4b2dd1ff8d280bf833c51bca8393d.png

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 7:52 PM, Magdalene said:

Change your Theme.

I don't want to change Theme (colors and shape of tabs and other). I want to setup only backround color Start streen (QA) for current Theme. It almost the same as change wallpapers. It is different from change theme.

Edited by Zanzibar

4 hours ago, Zanzibar said:

I dont't want to change Theme (colors and shape of tabs and other). I want to setup only backround color Start streen (QA) for current Theme. It almost the same as change wallpapers. It is different from change theme.

Well, until implemented, you can play with Paint and create a monocolor wallpaper of your choice.😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/8/2023 at 12:34 PM, Zanzibar said:

Dear developers!

Please delete useless blank gap above "Quick Access" tiles.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.8537bf2f9038ba7f830c460a215c2fbe.png

Dear developers!

I preffer solid colors as background (insted of white screen or image).

Please add "Select background color from palette" into start screen settings.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.e1c4b2dd1ff8d280bf833c51bca8393d.png

Hi Zanzibar, requests recorded.

On 4/8/2023 at 12:47 PM, Zanzibar said:

Dear developers!

Why favicon at QA for website https://yandex.ru/pogoda/samara is broken?

Please notу that this website has favicon

Please fix this bug.

Thanks!image.thumb.png.2f5f0ee94e7139bb8c925c4a59d5bbec.png

Hi Zanzibar, kindly download the latest version V7.0.2.1200 and click on the refresh button for it to load the site shot.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Zanzibar, this is not double header. The header at the top panel is for easy switch between Quick Access and MaxNote.

Could you please have them both available when opening QA or MaxNote 
And yes the lower Quick Access title is not needed and takes up space

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Could you please have them both available when opening QA or MaxNote 
And yes the lower Quick Access title is not needed and takes up space

Hi Mhzayer, request recorded.

1 hour ago, DONG DONG said:

I can't save images or Copy again 🙂

Hi DONG DONG, could you try out in the latest version V7.0.2.1201?

On 4/10/2023 at 5:53 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Zanzibar, kindly download the latest version V7.0.2.1200 and click on the refresh button for it to load the site shot.

Hello! I use latest version V7.0.2.1200. And "Site shot" mode works fine (as always).

I have trouble with "Color" tile mode. In this mode favicon for website https://yandex.ru/pogoda/samara still broken (as in prev. versions).

On 4/10/2023 at 6:04 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Zanzibar, this is not double header. The header at the top panel is for easy switch between Quick Access and MaxNote.

As i wrote before "Quick Access" header (that I mark using red cross) is useless. This element eats space only. It have height as entire row with tiles. It is critical for notebook users (notebooks have not big screen height). Please remove it and move tiles upper.

Thanks!

Snag_4323cf1.png

Edited by Zanzibar
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Zanzibar said:

I have trouble with "Color" tile mode. In this mode favicon for website https://yandex.ru/pogoda/samara still broken (as in prev. versions).

Hi Zanzibar, issue reported.

15 hours ago, Zanzibar said:

As i wrote before "Quick Access" header (that I mark using red cross) is useless. This element eats space only. It have height as entire row with tiles. It is critical for notebook users (notebooks have not big screen height). Please remove it and move tiles upper.

Request recorded.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 6:57 PM, Magdalene said:

@ Dragoncho

Jeff has stated he wants MX to continue supporting Win 7 and 8. This means any website built for Chrome 110 (i.e Win 10 and 11) onwards won't function correctly so you will have to use a spoofed UA.

Thank you for the in-depth information. Despite the obvious overhead, I think it would be best to keep an up to date main branch of MX7 and further versions and a fixed core branch for older OSs. Anyway, the idea not to update the core to keep the browser compatible with older OS versions is not scalable, i.e. would become obsolete pretty fast. And will compromise the otherwise fine browser. New browser core versions are not only for functionality, but also for security. And despite the UA spoofing, it will show. And it would be quite tedious to backport any security fixes into the old core.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 8:31 AM, Rainman said:

Version 7.0.2.1300 portable makes the computer hang

I tried to install version 1400: the same situation as with 1300, but rolling back to 1201 does not help anymore. clearing browser data has not changed the situation. 1101 started normally

I found a solution: for some reason, hardware acceleration turned on, which I had already turned off, having similar problems

Edited by Rainman

37 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

I think this might cause issues for users with smaller screens at home/travel, and bigger ones at work.

Like now it fills a 13 inch screen in with but on a 27 inch screen there is still empty space

You might be right 
though I have to see it to get the whole picture
because all i'm asking is that it fills the space not extend beyond normal viewing screen

Have you ever thought of placing open windows and tabs on the sidebar like a bookmark tree? After restarting the browser, you can leave additional windows on the sidebar (marked as inactive), with the ability to open them or remove them if not needed.

20 hours ago, Rainman said:

1500 portable - starts, shows the browser window, and after a few seconds - closes without any messages

(checked: hardware acceleration is off)

Hi Rainman, did you do a clean install? If this issue happens again even after you did a clean install, kindly send us the crash data.

35 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Have you ever thought of placing open windows and tabs on the sidebar like a bookmark tree? After restarting the browser, you can leave additional windows on the sidebar (marked as inactive), with the ability to open them or remove them if not needed.

Request recorded.

45 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Rainman, did you do a clean install?

what is a clean install - for the portable version?

actually, deleting all data with each update is not a pleasant procedure: then you need to re-register and synchronize everything.

Edited by Rainman

1 hour ago, Rainman said:

what is a clean install - for the portable version?

actually, deleting all data with each update is not a pleasant procedure: then you need to re-register and synchronize everything.

Hi Rainman, clean install means you do not overwrite the previous version. Install it as a version by itself.