Mx6 questions and discussions

I click on "+", a shortcut to a new tab appears, but the tab itself (QA) does not open - the display of the previous one remains. The artifact is also visible below the address bar for some time, then the page displays just a white field.
This applies at least to versions 7.0.0.15xx, 7.0.0.16xx, 7.0.0.17xx

I checked on another computer - the same thing. Only 7.0.0.1300 works relatively normally

001.png

On 3/1/2023 at 10:02 AM, Mhzayer said:

It doesn't hurt to try

Tried that too. Even in portable the situation is the same. The usernames are there, but the passwords are gone. Only the ones I saved after this started happening are in place, all the others are missing.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 5:32 PM, Rainman said:

I click on "+", a shortcut to a new tab appears, but the tab itself (QA) does not open - the display of the previous one remains. The artifact is also visible below the address bar for some time, then the page displays just a white field.
This applies at least to versions 7.0.0.15xx, 7.0.0.16xx, 7.0.0.17xx

I checked on another computer - the same thing. Only 7.0.0.1300 works relatively normally

001.png

Hi Rainman, could you disable all extensions and try again?

18 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Tried that too. Even in portable the situation is the same. The usernames are there, but the passwords are gone. Only the ones I saved after this started happening are in place, all the others are missing.

Hi SirNasso, could you try out this issue using the latest 1700 version?

13 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, could you try out this issue using the latest 1700 version?

Hi BugSir009,
Just installed the 1700 beta and the problem remains. 1-2 days ago I have also tried the 1700 portable and there was no change.
Now I also notice that the passwords started missing on my mobile too. And it looks like all my passwords, before this issue appeared, are gone. Only the ones I saved after that are present.

Edited by SirNasso

20 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Hi BugSir009,
Just installed the 1700 beta and the problem remains. 1-2 days ago I have also tried the 1700 portable and there was no change.
Now I also notice that the passwords started missing on my mobile too. And it looks like all my passwords, before this issue appeared, are gone. Only the ones I saved after that are present.

Hi SirNasso, could you provide me with your Maxthon account ID? I will get the engineer to help to do a check at the backend.

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, could you provide me with your Maxthon account ID? I will get the engineer to help to do a check at the backend.

Hi BugSir009,
Mi nickname is SirNasso, or for login I use: atanas_ganeff@hotmail.com. If there is some other ID, just tell me where to find it.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Hi BugSir009,
Mi nickname is SirNasso, or for login I use: atanas_ganeff@hotmail.com. If there is some other ID, just tell me where to find it.

Hi SirNasso, the engineer has helped to restore your passwords. Kindly sync again to check. Thanks :)

Hello,

I am following the latest beta branch. However, it seems the browse core/engine is quite old and is not being updated. Hence, I receive errors and see strange things on pages (image 2), which doesn't happen with the latest Edge, which is now v. 111.0.1661.41.

You’re using version 103.0.0.0 of Chrome, which is not supported by Shopify.

Can we expect any updates soon and subsequent up to date browser core? And, btw, is it still MX6 since it's already on v. 7?

2023-03-14_18-43-49_Maxthon.png

2023-03-14_17-23-22_Maxthon.png

On 3/14/2023 at 7:44 PM, Magdalene said:

Can you post a link to Shopify as I seem to be able to open it OK with a different User Agent.

Where do you set the User Agent on this MX version?
Can't post a link, this is an internal admin page. However, the page still can be opened with a warning.

2023-03-19_00-22-11_Maxthon.png

But, as you can see from the second screenshot, taken from Waze's Map Editor (WME), the problem is not just Shopify. And for me the issue is the outdated core, which seems to follow the tradition from MX4/MX5 when we waited for updates to the Blink engine.

Edited by Dragoncho

Hi, an old topic...

5. Is there still a way to activate double-click scrollbar behavior like in MX5 for go-to-top and go-to-bottom?

On 11/25/2021 at 1:38 PM, BugSir009 said:

We will put up this request to the development team for their consideration :)

This has been implemented a long time ago, but actually it does not work as in MX5. What it does now it only recognizes a double click. But not where it was made. So whenever you double click, you are always brought first to the end of the page and if you double click again, then you are sent back at the top.

Is it possible to improve this and make it behave like in MX5, so that the action depends on the area of the scroll bar you click on? If you click the lower half - you go to the end of the page. If you click at the higher half - you go to the start/top of the page.

Thanks!

And a Passkeeper bug - whenever you delete an entry or a sync is done (for example after the deletion), the filter resets. I have seen the filter reset many times, but now I have these two specifics pinned down. There might be other occasions as well, perhaps an entry edit. Please check this and possibly fix it. Thanks!

Edited by Dragoncho

@ Dragoncho

I use this extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg

Method 1

You can set it up yourself by following the images.

I use this UA

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Maxthon/7.0 Chrome/111.0.5563.65 Safari/537.36 OPR/96.4693.80 QupZilla/2.2.6 Edge 111.0.1661.44

or

Method 2

Import the attached json file

Maxthon Snap20230319142745.png

Maxthon Snap20230319142825.png

Maxthon Snap20230319142908.png

user_agent_export.json

Edited by Magdalene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

the problem with the new tab continues. I click on "+", the contents of the tab remain from the tab that was active before creating a new one, and the address bar is already from the new tab. if you type an address or a search query, the content is loaded. but by clicking on "+" - I expect to see QA

in 2000, everything remained the same

Edited by Rainman

I tried to completely uninstall maxthon and reinstall. Now I can't log into my account. what a terrible day! I can't login to uu.me too I press the login button, the ring spins endlessly

I logged in the uu.me using maxthon. Before that, I tried to log in with another browser, since maxthon was in the process of installation. It seems that no other browser can go there.
I had to roll back the maxthon version to 1300, in view of the problems described above

Edited by Rainman

1 hour ago, Rainman said:

I tried to completely uninstall maxthon and reinstall. Now I can't log into my account. what a terrible day! I can't login to uu.me too I press the login button, the ring spins endlessly

I logged in the uu.me using maxthon. Before that, I tried to log in with another browser, since maxthon was in the process of installation. It seems that no other browser can go there.
I had to roll back the maxthon version to 1300, in view of the problems described above

Hi Rainman, may I know which version are you using?

this time the option with an empty white field appeared, and last time it remained visible as the contents of the tab, open before opening a new one

you can also see that the FastStone tab is "hanging", its contents are not displayed. most often, it happens when the browser is closed and then reopened, in the mode when those tabs are opened "the same as at the time of closing"

the demonstration of the problem was carried out on version 7.0.0.2000 - I had to temporarily install it

Edited by Rainman

8 hours ago, Rainman said:

this time the option with an empty white field appeared, and last time it remained visible as the contents of the tab, open before opening a new one

you can also see that the FastStone tab is "hanging", its contents are not displayed. most often, it happens when the browser is closed and then reopened, in the mode when those tabs are opened "the same as at the time of closing"

the demonstration of the problem was carried out on version 7.0.0.2000 - I had to temporarily install it

This looks like a hardware acceleration isuue
Have you tried to disable it in settings

if it's disabled try enabling it

hardware acceleration.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rainman said:

Hi Rainman, could you try out the hardware acceleration setting as recommended by Mhzayer? If it doesn't work, kindly let me know your Tab Settings and did this issue occurs once you launch your browser? Was your setting on startup set to: "continue where you left off "? We need to know the steps for you to reproduce this issue before we could check with the developers and see how we could resolve this :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Yes! It seems to work without it. I'll see if everything is fine.

Does this mean I have a problem with the video drivers?

a.png

b.png

Hi Rainman, glad to hear it solve your issue :) You may have to observe if it affects the videos cause not all users are recommended to enable the hardware acceleration mode. This have been feedback to the development team and they will how they could optimize this feature.

On 3/19/2023 at 4:36 PM, Magdalene said:

@ Dragoncho

I use this extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg

Method 1

You can set it up yourself by following the images.

I use this UA

Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Maxthon/7.0 Chrome/111.0.5563.65 Safari/537.36 OPR/96.4693.80 QupZilla/2.2.6 Edge 111.0.1661.44

Thank you, but isn't this just a way to trick the server you are using a different version? In the case of Shopify it works with the current one, but issues a warning. Not seeing the warning won't update the engine and provide the functionality and security of the newer versions.

@ Dragoncho

That is indeed what UA spoofing does. Websites stop working when browser cores get to old i.e. Youtube So you have to spoof the UA to get them to work. The present Maxthon core (Chrome 103) is now obsolete in browser terms but still works. I still use MX5 with a spoofed UA but that is becoming slowly unusable. With chrome no longer supporting Win 7 and 8 (version 109 is the last supported version for these OS's) we need to upgrade the core. Jeff has stated he wants MX to continue supporting Win 7 and 8. This means any website built for Chrome 110 (i.e Win 10 and 11) onwards won't function correctly so you will have to use a spoofed UA. This is the problem Ben.L.Salomen is having with Skyshowtime.com (see other threads).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1