Mx6 questions and discussions

• 3 weeks later...

The tiles using Hot thumbnails don't load anymore for the last 2 days. I guess the image server is down (https://pc-newtab.maxthonimg.com). Will it be fixed and brought back up? The tiles look ugly when there's no thumbnail loaded into them.

Image1.png

Edited by Perplexer

9 hours ago, Perplexer said:

The tiles using Hot thumbnails don't load anymore for the last 2 days. I guess the image server is down (https://pc-newtab.maxthonimg.com). Will it be fixed and brought back up? The tiles look ugly when there's no thumbnail loaded into them.

Image1.png

it's working here 
but this is the link that your link turns to
https://pc-newtab-img.maxthon.com/

newtab-img maxthon.png

The "new design" of QA is nonsense, compared to the very convenient multi-page version that was implemented in MX4. Also, the lack of the option "proxy only for the list of sites", which was in previous versions, was very frustrating: I have to work in two browsers, although I used to have only one MX. MX is gradually losing the advantages that made it unique and out of competition.

p.s. I think I can call myself a veteran among MX users: I have been using MX continuously since MyIE2

Edited by Rainman

On 1/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, Rainman said:

The "new design" of QA is nonsense, compared to the very convenient multi-page version that was implemented in MX4. Also, the lack of the option "proxy only for the list of sites", which was in previous versions, was very frustrating: I have to work in two browsers, although I used to have only one MX. MX is gradually losing the advantages that made it unique and out of competition.

p.s. I think I can call myself a veteran among MX users: I have been using MX continuously since MyIE2

Hi Rainman, we have recorded your requests for the development team's planning and consideration.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 6:04 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, ad blockers will support V3 in the near future. This has to wait for further development.

Developers of ad blockers complain that Manifest V3 will decrease the efficacy of the ad blockers. One of the most popular ad blockers uBlock Origin is one of them. Some browsers based on Chromium will continue to support Manifest V2. Not to mention Firefox which is not Chromium-based and does not have such problems.

16 hours ago, projektilski said:

Developers of ad blockers complain that Manifest V3 will decrease the efficacy of the ad blockers. One of the most popular ad blockers uBlock Origin is one of them. Some browsers based on Chromium will continue to support Manifest V2. Not to mention Firefox which is not Chromium-based and does not have such problems.

Hi projektilski, this is still pending further discussion and planning by the development team; no concrete decision as yet.

Suddenly, this morning, on my office pc, a new problem appeared. I was using .1500 version and autofill passwords doesn't work. I click the username, it appears, but no password is filled. As if the passwords are all gone. In passkeeper, it shows there are passwords saved, but when triyng to view it, the field becomes empty. On my home pc and on my mobile it works normaly. Updated to version 1602, but nothing changed. Tried resyncing, logging out and back in, no change. What could be the issue?
Also if I login to Passkeeper and then close the tab, it stays logged-in. It is not safe that way. Before it required to enter password for it each time I reopen Passkeeper.

Edited by SirNasso

1 hour ago, SirNasso said:

Suddenly, this morning, on my office pc, a new problem appeared. I was using .1500 version and autofill passwords doesn't work. I click the username, it appears, but no password is filled. As if the passwords are all gone. In passkeeper, it shows there are passwords saved, but when triyng to view it, the field becomes empty. On my home pc and on my mobile it works normaly. Updated to version 1602, but nothing changed. Tried resyncing, logging out and back in, no change. What could be the issue?

Hi SirNasso, could it be your office network are blocking certain functions?

1 hour ago, SirNasso said:

Also if I login to Passkeeper and then close the tab, it stays logged-in. It is not safe that way. Before it required to enter password for it each time I reopen Passkeeper.

Noted, will feedback to the development team on this.

6 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, did you do a clean install or it was overwritten? Try doing a clean install and disable all extensions and let me know if it works.

I did an upgrade. But as I said, the old 1500 version did the same thing this morning. And nothing is changed on the PC or network. That is why I decided to upgrade to 1602. But it didn't change anything.
Will try a bit later to do a clean install and see if it still behaves this way.

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, did you do a clean install or it was overwritten? Try doing a clean install and disable all extensions and let me know if it works.

Did a clean install, disabled all exentensions, and nothing changed. Still no passwords. 
I tried relogging in some sites, and Passkeeper asked to update the stored passwords. So something is lost/not syncing correctly, I think.

edit: Now, strangely enough, some passwords are starting to dissappear from my mobile too. The usernames are there, only the passwords are missing.
edit2: Just got home from work. Maxthon on my homePC is behaving the same way. Passwords missing. Also when I click to check for new version, I get: "Update failed, please try again later." Is it possible there is some issue on the servers?

Edited by SirNasso

13 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Did a clean install, disabled all exentensions, and nothing changed. Still no passwords. 
I tried relogging in some sites, and Passkeeper asked to update the stored passwords. So something is lost/not syncing correctly, I think.

edit: Now, strangely enough, some passwords are starting to dissappear from my mobile too. The usernames are there, only the passwords are missing.
edit2: Just got home from work. Maxthon on my homePC is behaving the same way. Passwords missing. Also when I click to check for new version, I get: "Update failed, please try again later." Is it possible there is some issue on the servers?

Hi SirNasso, I have already informed the development team about this and they are trying to find out what is the issue. I will revert once they managed to resolve it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SirNasso said:

Have you tried using the portable version?