Mx6 questions and discussions

As for extensions I have only 4 enabled - one 360 Internet protection (from my antivirus), Adblock, Ace script (which might be enabled by default, as I didn't enable it myself) and Google translate. But these were on since the very begging and never seemed to interfere.

12 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Also in the same game, there is a window about cookies, that can't be closed. See the attached image. It is in Bulgarian, so you might not understand what is written. But the small window on the top part is not closing upon pressing the X button. On other browsers and older versions of Maxthon it was working fine.

Browser issue.jpg

Hi BugSir006,
No I'm still with 6.2.0.2400. It didn't auto update, and I still haven't updated it manually. Will try a bit later and let you know if it changes anything. But it was behaving like that quite a few versions back.

If you still experience this issue in v6.2.0.2500, please send a short video of the issues to me.

To record the video, you could use Bandicam. Download link: https://www.bandicam.com/

35 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi SirNasso, do you remember the version number of the browser when this issue happened the first time?

Hi BugSir006,
Not completely sure. But I switched full time to MX6 since some official 6.2 version, maybe around 6.2.0.1000, and it's been like that since then. But can't tell if it's been like that before or not.

27 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Hi BugSir006,
Not completely sure. But I switched full time to MX6 since some official 6.2 version, maybe around 6.2.0.1000, and it's been like that since then. But can't tell if it's been like that before or not.

Hi SirNasso, could you please try the issues in this test version?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Mw2Ns4D366IuoLM1HDmNEo1t_hL3O5X/view?usp=sharing

35 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Hi BugSir006,
Still no change in how it behaves. Absolutely the same.

I recommend to try this issue in the portable version to see if it behaves the same
and you could also try to check it with a guest account to make sure it is not related to your user account data

13 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

I recommend to try this issue in the portable version to see if it behaves the same
and you could also try to check it with a guest account to make sure it is not related to your user account data

That is exactly what I did with the version BugSir006 sent me.

There are "GL rendering" issues on Maxthon when using Onshape 3D creator with maxthon the background is fully black, which seems to be caused by a GL-rendering issue, caused by that the GPU is not correctly detected

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/14417/workspace-background-is-black

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/66461#Comment_66461

mx://gpu/

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
Canvas out-of-process rasterization: Disabled
Direct Rendering Display Compositor: Disabled
Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
OpenGL: Disabled
Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Raw Draw: Disabled
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Video Encode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
WebGPU: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

oneshape maxthon.png

3 hours ago, Magdalene said:

This is my MX6 about://gpu details. I recommend going into Mx://flags and changing this flag

Choose Angle Graphics Backend to Default or D3D11 if possible

and change this flag

Vulkan to disabled or default.

Enabling Vulkan also breaks Google Earth.

Maxthon Snap20221123174546.png

I have tried all those things but none seem to work.

If I check the about://GPU in edge I get the following

image.thumb.png.9800138ec15e4766ae7407b33bf94e79.png

11 hours ago, SirNasso said:

That is exactly what I did with the version BugSir006 sent me.

what about trying with a guest account not your user account?

9 hours ago, darknessblade said:

There are "GL rendering" issues on Maxthon when using Onshape 3D creator with maxthon the background is fully black, which seems to be caused by a GL-rendering issue, caused by that the GPU is not correctly detected

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/14417/workspace-background-is-black

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/66461#Comment_66461

mx://gpu/

Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
Canvas out-of-process rasterization: Disabled
Direct Rendering Display Compositor: Disabled
Compositing: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
OpenGL: Disabled
Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Raw Draw: Disabled
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Video Encode: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
WebGL2: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable
WebGPU: Software only, hardware acceleration unavailable

oneshape maxthon.png

in Maxthon gpu 

you get the log

Log Messages

• [8660:17880:1124/054904.312:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(48)] : MemoryProgramCache.cpp:174 (getProgram): Failed to load binary from cache

I get the following log details after opening Oneshape [on a minisforum hx90]:

Will check my other devices as well, 

Log Messages

Log Messages
[14344:19980:1123/221156.764:ERROR:gl_utils.cc(319)] : [.WebGL-000001D831A2C7A0]GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to ReadPixels
[14344:19980:1123/221156.807:ERROR:gl_utils.cc(319)] : [.WebGL-000001D831A2C7A0]GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to ReadPixels
[14344:19980:1123/221156.999:ERROR:gl_utils.cc(319)] : [.WebGL-000001D831A2C7A0]GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to ReadPixels
[14344:19980:1123/221157.792:ERROR:gl_utils.cc(319)] : [.WebGL-000001D831A2C7A0]GL Driver Message (OpenGL, Performance, GL_CLOSE_PATH_NV, High): GPU stall due to ReadPixels (this message will no longer repeat)
[14344:19980:1124/083850.479:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(48)] : MemoryProgramCache.cpp:174 (getProgram): Failed to load binary from cache.
[14344:19980:1124/083850.480:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(48)] : MemoryProgramCache.cpp:174 (getProgram): Failed to load binary from cache.
[14344:19980:1124/083850.481:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(48)] : MemoryProgramCache.cpp:174 (getProgram): Failed to load binary from cache.
[14344:19980:1124/083850.481:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(48)] : MemoryProgramCache.cpp:178 (getProgram): Reaching warning limit for cache load failures, silencing subsequent warnings.

1 hour ago, SirNasso said:

As I said, that is what happened with the test version BugSir006 sent me. It was portable, and without any account.

Hi SirNasso, this issue will be fixed in the new core version. The dev team will update the browser core as soon as possible. 😊

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darknessblade said:

Hi darknessblade, have you enabled the Hardware acceleration?

Maxthon Snap20221124162525.png

13 hours ago, projektilski said:

Today again the same problem with auto-update. Update beta versions checked and it says "Maxthon browser is up to date". But it isn't, right? The latest beta is .2600 which I have to download manually 😉

image.thumb.png.c6ca6c9fa714efa5739e4a8eb069fba5.png

Hi projektilski, it is still advisable to check under 'release notes' for any latest version. Usually a new version will be released at the end of the week.

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, it is still advisable to check under 'release notes' for any latest version. Usually a new version will be released at the end of the week.

Well, I think that this feature inside Maxthon is useless and should be removed. If I have "check for beta versions" checked and Maxthon says I'm up to date, then I should be up to date. I was very excited that no longer I will need to check the daily release page and that Maxthon will download automatically the latest official/beta versions. Boy was I wrong.

Knowing that message "Maxthon browser is up to date" might not be true is very disappointing and misleading.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi 30887236, you can click into the menu at the top right hand corner and select Feature Management. Bright VPN can be found in there :)

image.png

This only worked the first time I signed in for me. Once I signed out, the option no longer showed when resigning in despite having enabled Bright. (notice high lighted button and pin are not actually completely active

Edit: Ah, I see it now on the task bar.

(This would not have been a post from me without an edit) 😜

VPN.png

Edited by PHYR

On 12/2/2022 at 5:50 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi 30887236, you can click into the menu at the top right hand corner and select Feature Management. Bright VPN can be found in there :)

image.png

I don't see any management options except enabling and pining it.(which looks totally pointless to me) How to allow it in incognito?

4 hours ago, 30887236 said:

I don't see any management options except enabling and pining it.(which looks totally pointless to me) How to allow it in incognito?

Did you click on the Feature Management? This is what I see when I click on it:

Feature Management.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Oh so in the end Its clearly not a feature but just a built-in addon to start/stop main app,
which I can remove it like any extension, but I can not reach its info. Anyway I would prefer to see it in extension management page. Please don't make yours and ours life harder :)

image.png

in mx5 there was Settings - Advanced - Proxy settings, and i had 2 PAC files there, so i could easily switch between them or disable proxy at all by pressing "Proxy" button in adress bar. in mx7 beta i only found Settings - Advanced - System - Open proxy settings, that opens native windows proxy settings. i can enter only one PAC there. and it feels very unconvenient to swith way to change PAC file or toggle proxy on the fly...

is this a current proxy handling logic, or i missed something?