Mx6 questions and discussions

On 10/3/2022 at 7:07 PM, SirNasso said:

Sory if this was asked before, but couldn't find it in the forums.

Just installed the new MX6 PC Beta Release 6.2.0.1600. Everything looks good upon transitioning from MX5, for now. But was wondering is there a way to change the folder displayed in the favorites bar, like it was possible on the old Maxthon? Looked through options, but couldn't find anything. 

Hi SirNasso, you could click the fav button to customize the display folder on bookmarks bar.

Maxthon Snap20221008170830.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:14 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi SirNasso, you could click the fav button to customize the display folder on bookmarks bar.

Maxthon Snap20221008170830.png

Now that is what I was looking for. I guess didn't try clicking on that icon.....my bad. Thanks for the help BugSir006

Edited by SirNasso
  • Like 3

Hello everybody. In maxthon 5, when I clicked on my favorite sites, the displayed tab remained white and the favorite sites opened to the right, from the first clicked (which was the most right) to the last clicked (which was the most left and close to the white card). In maxthon 6 I can't do the same, why? Thank you.

1 hour ago, burianico said:

Hello everybody. In maxthon 5, when I clicked on my favorite sites, the displayed tab remained white and the favorite sites opened to the right, from the first clicked (which was the most right) to the last clicked (which was the most left and close to the white card). In maxthon 6 I can't do the same, why? Thank you.

Hi burianico, you mean the tab position? 

Maxthon Snap20221010200245.png

On 10/7/2022 at 12:31 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dragoncho, we will flag out the login page to the development team to look into it.

Thank you. I just noticed that the top login form has the reverse effect on it - the Account ID is populated, but no the password. Alt+Q has no effect there, probably because the password is populated in the second form on the page. However, when I go to the password field and try to select an entry from the auto showing drop-down-popup :) , the login menu and the password fill-in drop-down both just disappear.

12 hours ago, burianico said:

Exactly. I have the same option in maxthon 5, but in maxthon 6 doesn't work! Favorite sites keep opening to the right and are always on top...

Hi burianico, I tried to test this issue in 6.2.0.1600 but haven't reproduced it. Have you updated to the latest version?

Download link: 

15 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Thank you. I just noticed that the top login form has the reverse effect on it - the Account ID is populated, but no the password. Alt+Q has no effect there, probably because the password is populated in the second form on the page. However, when I go to the password field and try to select an entry from the auto showing drop-down-popup :) , the login menu and the password fill-in drop-down both just disappear.

Hi Dragoncho, noted on this. The development team is still looking into it and will try to fix it as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, burianico said:

Issue not solved also in version 6.2.0.2000...

I noticed something in the last few versions, not sure from which exactly. When I click to download a PDF file, but then in the Download manger if I click Open, not Download, the file is opened in new tab within Maxthon, not from the default system PDF app. In the settings I have removed all files from the "Open in Maxthon" group, but still no change. When the PDF is downloaded, it opens with the correct app, only when I try to open it directly from the download manager. I am currently using the 6.2.0.2300 version of MX6.

Edited by SirNasso

15 hours ago, SirNasso said:

I noticed something in the last few versions, not sure from which exactly. When I click to download a PDF file, but then in the Download manger if I click Open, not Download, the file is opened in new tab within Maxthon, not from the default system PDF app. In the settings I have removed all files from the "Open in Maxthon" group, but still no change. When the PDF is downloaded, it opens with the correct app, only when I try to open it directly from the download manager. I am currently using the 6.2.0.2300 version of MX6.

Hi SirNasso, bug reported.

17 hours ago, projektilski said:

Auto update of Maxthon does not work as intended. Latest 6.2.0.x versions take some time to load for the first time.

image.png.fa2ce30ff3da16ba853975a74414b73e.png

Hi projektilski, usually beta version will not be updated automatically unless there was a bigger bug issue that was fixed. However, the development team will be pushing the update for V6.2.0.2400 by tonight.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, BugSir009 said:

Hi projektilski, usually beta version will not be updated automatically unless there was a bigger bug issue that was fixed. However, the development team will be pushing the update for V6.2.0.2400 by tonight.

So the update feature does not offer you the latest official or beta (if the checkbox is checked) but only those that someone decides are worthy of auto-update?

Today I have a situation: I started Maxthon on V6.2.0.2300 and notified me there is a newer version. It installed and restarted to V6.2.0.2400 instead of V6.2.0.2500.

If this is intended behavior I must assure you that this is not what users expect of this feature.
We expect to be notified of every new beta version and if multiple new versions are available to go straight to the latest. This applies to official versions also. Update to every latest version.

For now, I'll stick to checking daily https://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes6/ because the auto-update feature in this variant is unreliable and incomplete.

Edited by projektilski
  • Like 2

Strange new problem. Since the last 2-3 versions, in a Facebook game I try to hold CTRL and drag to mark several items, but instead of selecting them, MX6 saves a copy of the images of the items. Tried disabling shortcuts, boss key and Super-drag-and-drop, but nothing changed. Is there some other option for this, or is this a bug?

14 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Strange new problem. Since the last 2-3 versions, in a Facebook game I try to hold CTRL and drag to mark several items, but instead of selecting them, MX6 saves a copy of the images of the items. Tried disabling shortcuts, boss key and Super-drag-and-drop, but nothing changed. Is there some other option for this, or is this a bug?

Hi SirNasso, could you check your Quick Save Image settings? You could disable that feature so it doesn't interfere with your Ctrl key.

image.png

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi SirNasso, could you check your Quick Save Image settings? You could disable that feature so it doesn't interfere with your Ctrl key.

image.png

Hi BugSir009,
Tried that and it stops the image saving. But now the CTRL key doesn't start the marking. It is like I never press it.

1 minute ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi SirNasso, please try to force refresh the page or restart the browser to try this issue again. 

Hi 

2 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi SirNasso, please try to force refresh the page or restart the browser to try this issue again. 

Hi BugSir006,
Restarted the browser and still the same. Holding CTRL and trying to drag mark items is not working. It is as if I'm not holding the CTRL key.

5 minutes ago, SirNasso said:

Hi BugSir006,
Restarted the browser and still the same. Holding CTRL and trying to drag mark items is not working. It is as if I'm not holding the CTRL key.

Hi SirNasso, you mean in version 6.2.0.2500? Did you enable any extensions? Please try to disable the extensions and try this issue again.

Also in the same game, there is a window about cookies, that can't be closed. See the attached image. It is in Bulgarian, so you might not understand what is written. But the small window on the top part is not closing upon pressing the X button. On other browsers and older versions of Maxthon it was working fine.

Browser issue.jpg

Just now, BugSir006 said:

Hi SirNasso, you mean in version 6.2.0.2500? Did you enable any extensions? Please try to disable the extensions and try this issue again.

Hi BugSir006,
No I'm still with 6.2.0.2400. It didn't auto update, and I still haven't updated it manually. Will try a bit later and let you know if it changes anything. But it was behaving like that quite a few versions back.