Mx6 questions and discussions

In Maxnote
once I search about something and open the note
I no longer see the search tab again and I have to refresh the page to get out of the opened note to search for other notes

search records in maxnote.png

Edit:
I found how to go back hidden in the toolbar 
why not keep it shown all the time?

search records in maxnote.png.jpg

Edited by Mhzayer

On 7/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, rambo said:

Suggestion:
With "Snap screen" in MX you can only capture visible part.
Why not to upgrade "Snap Screen" with scroll function (like in MS EDGE), when you can just hold down mouse button and drag to the bottom of the page (the part you want to screen).

Note: This is different from "Snap Page". 

1) Another suggestion about "Snap screen". 

It would be very useful, if you add possibility to draw straight lines. Lets say with shift key.

When you want to highlight some text on "snaped screen" when editing it before saving (and this is quite common scenario) you just hold shift key depressed  and draw line (like in photoshop). Line is 100% horizontal and beautiful . :) 

I think it is very helpful and should be easy to implement. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

2) Possible Bug.

Noticed 2-3 month ago. Still happens from time to time. When visiting chrome devtools in Maxthon , selecting "Selection Tool" , click on any text, want to copy x-path, but devtools freezes, you cant even close it with "x" button. Best you can do - close tab. (Other tabs work good)

since i was still using maxthon 5 on old pc and now moved to new one I installed mx6. is there an option to use multi search here? or maybe there's an extention that allows me to search and quickly move between different search engines?

On 7/31/2022 at 6:18 AM, Mhzayer said:

In Maxnote
once I search about something and open the note
I no longer see the search tab again and I have to refresh the page to get out of the opened note to search for other notes

search records in maxnote.png

Edit:
I found how to go back hidden in the toolbar 
why not keep it shown all the time?

search records in maxnote.png.jpg

Hi Mhzayer, could you please provide a short video of this issue?

16 hours ago, rambo said:

1) Another suggestion about "Snap screen". 

It would be very useful, if you add possibility to draw straight lines. Lets say with shift key.

When you want to highlight some text on "snaped screen" when editing it before saving (and this is quite common scenario) you just hold shift key depressed  and draw line (like in photoshop). Line is 100% horizontal and beautiful . :) 

I think it is very helpful and should be easy to implement. 

Request recorded. ?

16 hours ago, rambo said:

2) Possible Bug.

Noticed 2-3 month ago. Still happens from time to time. When visiting chrome devtools in Maxthon , selecting "Selection Tool" , click on any text, want to copy x-path, but devtools freezes, you cant even close it with "x" button. Best you can do - close tab. (Other tabs work good)

It has been fixed in the new core version. Please update the browser to the latest version 6.2.0.700 and try this issue again. 

https://github.com/aoyiteam/maxthon/releases/download/v6.2.0.700/maxthon_6.2.0.700_beta_x64.exe

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Mhzayer, could you please provide a short video of this issue?

Sorry 
But the steps are easy
Just open Maxnote
search for any thing in the search box 
click on any note with the search text to open it

Now the search box is not there
You have to click on far left bigger sign next to the +new to go back to the search searched text
There is no text to till you click here to go back though it's there 

2 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Sorry 
But the steps are easy
Just open Maxnote
search for any thing in the search box 
click on any note with the search text to open it

Now the search box is not there
You have to click on far left bigger sign next to the +new to go back to the search searched text
There is no text to till you click here to go back though it's there 

Hi Mhzayer, request recorded.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Is it possible to have the reopen last closed tab in the right click action on the tabs toolbar

last closed tab.jpg

Hi Mhzayer, this function is already included in the right click menu for tab. You could also restore tabs by clicking on the drop-down list under the restore button.

image.png

• Like 1

Will we ever be able to have this kind of thing again?
Like translation and Google or open pages in the side bar ..

I want to feel like I'm using MX5 again.. or won't feel the same thing that made me use Maxthon for the first time..
Even Pop up is not like MX5 but looks like Chrome... and this is something that makes me upset.. I like Maxthon as my favorite browser and I don't want its design to change to be like any other browser..
I want him to keep all the things that made me attracted to him in the first place.
Thank you for your hard work~~~

image.thumb.png.9e0f0cc1f06a17f8ed45a23eca7affbd.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DONG DONG said:

Will we ever be able to have this kind of thing again?
Like translation and Google or open pages in the side bar ..

I want to feel like I'm using MX5 again.. or won't feel the same thing that made me use Maxthon for the first time..
Even Pop up is not like MX5 but looks like Chrome... and this is something that makes me upset.. I like Maxthon as my favorite browser and I don't want its design to change to be like any other browser..
I want him to keep all the things that made me attracted to him in the first place.
Thank you for your hard work~~~

Suggestion recorded. The dev team is still working on optimizing the sidebar. 😊

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon!
Updated to version 6.2.0.909 on my home computer. To get all bookmarks from version 5.3.8, I went to the bookmark manager 6.2.0.909, deleted all bookmarks, then in the settings I selected "Import Maxthon 5 account data from the server". Everything synced fine on my home computer. But on other computers, when you first run 6.2.0.909, all bookmarks disappear and do not appear anymore! The sync works fine though. Updated to version 6.2.0.1000 - the problem was not solved. When removing and "clean" installation of 6.2.0.1000, the situation has not changed. On version 6.1.3.2000 for android, all bookmarks also disappeared and no longer appear !!

Help!!

Edited by KSab

On 8/19/2022 at 10:42 PM, Magdalene said:

The blank Last Session Page on opening browser bug has reappeared in 6.2.0.1000.

Sorry Magdalene, could you please describe this issue in detail and provide a screenshot of it? Do you remember which version fixed this issue?

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2022 at 5:47 PM, AaronX said:

I've got some stuck, phantom downloads that won't clear in 6.2.0.1000, 900, and I think 800.

I believe all three were files I opened directly rather than saved. Even restarting and downloading them afresh, then deleting again, has no effect.

image.png.8eb8399831da58aeb0a29486d0ae44bd.png

Hi AaronX, could you please provide a short video of this issue? I tried to test this issue on my end but haven't reproduced it.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, KSab said:

Good afternoon!
Updated to version 6.2.0.909 on my home computer. To get all bookmarks from version 5.3.8, I went to the bookmark manager 6.2.0.909, deleted all bookmarks, then in the settings I selected "Import Maxthon 5 account data from the server". Everything synced fine on my home computer. But on other computers, when you first run 6.2.0.909, all bookmarks disappear and do not appear anymore! The sync works fine though. Updated to version 6.2.0.1000 - the problem was not solved. When removing and "clean" installation of 6.2.0.1000, the situation has not changed. On version 6.1.3.2000 for android, all bookmarks also disappeared and no longer appear !!

Help!!

Hi KSab, could you please provide the email address of your browser account?

1 hour ago, KSab said:

ksaburov@gmail.com

Hi KSab, it seems that the data of your home browser did not upload the bookmark data to our server. If your home browser displays the bookmarks correctly, please try to edit/add the bookmarks, then the bookmarks will sync to our server automatically. If your home browser could not display the bookmarks now, please go to settings to restore the bookmark data from local or import the bookmarks data from MX5 again. Then edit/add bookmarks to let the bookmarks sync to the server automatically.

Maxthon Snap20220822160600.png