Mx6 questions and discussions

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 2:40 AM, Massor said:

A little off topic.

What will happen with MX6 Retro mode when Microsoft retires IE? It will still work?

I suspect as long as IE remains in Windows it will continue to be used.

Eventually when IE falls out of need/usage they will likely just use "Edge" as the secondary since it will be the browser installed with Windows going forward?

Edited by leeuniverse

Very nice the new History page, more compact, more useful. Just a little thing: can the tree with the date in the left to be a little indented with few pixels, individual days from the month root? It will be more easy to read and to follow.

History.png

Edited by Massor

On 5/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, Massor said:

Very nice the new History page, more compact, more useful. Just a little thing: can the tree with the date in the left to be a little indented with few pixels, individual days from the month root? It will be more easy to read and to follow.

History.png

Hi Massor, request recorded.

There is a problem with playing videos from youtube in HD1080 quality in AVC1 codec format . When you hover the mouse cursor over the video (when the status bar appears), it starts to slow down terribly (freeze). The same thing happens if you press pause and then start the video again. At the same time, there is a significant loss of frames - (Statistics for sysadmins - the Viewport/Frames parameter "dropped"). If the video is in VP09 format, then this does not happen.
Here is an example of such a video (you need to watch it from Youtube):

P.S.: Windows 7 64bit; Maxthon 6 is the latest version, but the problem has been observed for a long time, there just wasn't time to write here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergey_K said:

There is a problem with playing videos from youtube in HD1080 quality in AVC1 codec format . When you hover the mouse cursor over the video (when the status bar appears), it starts to slow down terribly (freeze). The same thing happens if you press pause and then start the video again. At the same time, there is a significant loss of frames - (Statistics for sysadmins - the Viewport/Frames parameter "dropped"). If the video is in VP09 format, then this does not happen.
Here is an example of such a video (you need to watch it from Youtube):

P.S.: Windows 7 64bit; Maxthon 6 is the latest version, but the problem has been observed for a long time, there just wasn't time to write here.

Try to disable the items indicated on the screenshot and check. Helped me.

chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode

chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-encode

1.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Dragoncho, this issue is still being analyzed. ?

Hi again, the release notes for the official version 6.1.3.2000 (03/19/22) state:
- Fixed the issue that some map sites could not work properly after disabling the "Ctrl+Left-click" function

However, in the later beta 6.1.3.2703 the problem in Waze Map Editor (WME) still exists. It's possible to test it in Practice mode here: https://www.waze.com/editor/

Please let me know what is the situation. Thank you!

16 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Hi again, the release notes for the official version 6.1.3.2000 (03/19/22) state:
- Fixed the issue that some map sites could not work properly after disabling the "Ctrl+Left-click" function

However, in the later beta 6.1.3.2703 the problem in Waze Map Editor (WME) still exists. It's possible to test it in Practice mode here: https://www.waze.com/editor/

Please let me know what is the situation. Thank you!

Hi Dragoncho, we managed to reproduce this issue and has reported to the development team. They might not be able to rectify this issue in time for the current version (which will be released today or tomorrow) but should be able to rectify it for the next version. Appreciate your patience and understanding on this.

• Thanks 1

Is there any chance that the performance of the history will speed up? Because despite various improvements to the performance of the history, the speed has remained unchanged for many months. When scrolling down the list of pages viewed, you still have to wait for the thumbnails to load slowly. Searching for specific words/pages in the history is also slow. I think this is blamed on the use of a very heavy database written many years ago for the history module. If the history entries were based on text only the search would be lightning fast, but today it works on a 5950X just like on a Core 2 Duo in 2008 in other browsers :)

I know it's the umpteenth time I've posted and asked to improve the story, but I use it often at work and outside of work. And the long wait for results really wastes time and is discouraging... 

Edited by Cllaymenn
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:27 PM, Cllaymenn said:

Is there any chance that the performance of the history will speed up? Because despite various improvements to the performance of the history, the speed has remained unchanged for many months. When scrolling down the list of pages viewed, you still have to wait for the thumbnails to load slowly. Searching for specific words/pages in the history is also slow. I think this is blamed on the use of a very heavy database written many years ago for the history module. If the history entries were based on text only the search would be lightning fast, but today it works on a 5950X just like on a Core 2 Duo in 2008 in other browsers :)

I know it's the umpteenth time I've posted and asked to improve the story, but I use it often at work and outside of work. And the long wait for results really wastes time and is discouraging... 

Hi Cllaymenn, are you using the latest version 6.1.3.2900? Please try this issue in the version 6.1.3.2900

If you still experience the issue in 2900, please send a short video of this issue to me. ?

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2022 at 11:24 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Cllaymenn, are you using the latest version 6.1.3.2900? Please try this issue in the version 6.1.3.2900

If you still experience the issue in 2900, please send a short video of this issue to me. ?

Hi!  Now i have V6.1.3.3000 and now history is super fast :) THANKS!!! 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:08 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Dragoncho, we managed to reproduce this issue and has reported to the development team. They might not be able to rectify this issue in time for the current version (which will be released today or tomorrow) but should be able to rectify it for the next version. Appreciate your patience and understanding on this.

Hi, it seems the problem has been fixed in beta version 6.1.3.3100. I hope the fix stays. :) Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

When exporting bookmarks (to html), you need to retry many times to export all bokmarks. I mean sometimes it exports 1/2 , sometimes 1/3 of all content.. (Starting from first to x).  Need to try 3-4-5-9 times until you have all favorites , including last ones. 

I have a lot of bookmarks (maybe that is the reason?) .

tested on laptop and desktop. Windows 10 and 11. Noticed ~2 months ago first time. Updated MX since then many times. (Different MX versions).

Edited by rambo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rambo said:

When exporting bookmarks (to html), you need to retry many times to export all bokmarks. I mean sometimes it exports 1/2 , sometimes 1/3 of all content.. (Starting from first to x).  Need to try 3-4-5-9 times until you have all favorites , including last ones. 

I have a lot of bookmarks (maybe that is the reason?) .

tested on laptop and desktop. Windows 10 and 11. Noticed ~2 months ago first time. Updated MX since then many times. (Different MX versions).

Hi rambo, bug reported. ?

@BugSir006 Hi!

I have a question.

Why does Maxthon 6 always require to establish an incoming TCP connection on a random port at startup? Below screenshot:

image.png.67cf6dc816ab50a73a9d0cc578f570a4.png

It's my local firewall, then I click block and it does not affect the functioning of the browser.
There is no such behavior in any other browsers, including Maxthon 5.

Here is a screenshot of the many rules that the firewall creates every time Maxthon 6 is launched:

1.jpg

Edited by mxuser

29 minutes ago, mxuser said:

@BugSir006 Hi!

I have a question.

Why does Maxthon 6 always require to establish an incoming TCP connection on a random port at startup? Below screenshot:

image.png.67cf6dc816ab50a73a9d0cc578f570a4.png
It's my local firewall, then I click block and it does not affect the functioning of the browser.
There is no such behavior in any other browsers, including Maxthon 5.

Here is a screenshot of the many rules that the firewall creates every time Maxthon 6 is launched:

1.jpg

Hi mxuser, please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again. ?

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi mxuser, please try to disable the extensions then try this issue again. ?

I found what causes my firewall to fire when the browser launch. Video below:

P.S.

I think that when I select "never check for updates" the browser should not try to make any automatically connection.

Edited by mxuser

On 6/25/2022 at 3:50 AM, mxuser said:

I found what causes my firewall to fire when the browser launch. Video below:

P.S.

I think that when I select "never check for updates" the browser should not try to make any automatically connection.

Hi mxuser, do you remember this issue happened on which version first, 6.1.3.3200, 3100, or which earlier version?

14 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi mxuser, do you remember this issue happened on which version first, 6.1.3.3200, 3100, or which earlier version?

Hi!

This has been a problem since the beginning of the MX6, just didn't take the time to ask the question.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi mxuser, if you click the "Block" option, the new tab page can load normally?

Yes, a new tab is launched normally. As you can see in the video, the update check stops working. If click the "Allow" option, then checking for updates works.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi mxuser, if you click the "Block" option, the new tab page can load normally?

I figured out, new tab just opens blank when "Block" option is enabled, when "Allow" option is enabled, then the new tab has wallpapers, links, etc. :)

I very rarely use new tab, didn't pay attention before :)))

Edited by mxuser

12 hours ago, mxuser said:

Yes, a new tab is launched normally. As you can see in the video, the update check stops working. If click the "Allow" option, then checking for updates works.

I figured out, new tab just opens blank when "Block" option is enabled, when "Allow" option is enabled, then the new tab has wallpapers, links, etc. :)

I very rarely use new tab, didn't pay attention before :)))

Hi mxuser, usually, this permission only pops up once time and does not ask again, could you please try to set it to allow all the time and do not ask again in this software Outpost Firewall Pro?

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi mxuser, usually, this permission only pops up once time and does not ask again, could you please try to set it to allow all the time and do not ask again in this software Outpost Firewall Pro?

As far as I understand, due to the constant change of the port by the browser, the firewall triggers a request to create a new rule. And blocking a large range is not good, as my programs may stop working. It would be nice if the browser didn't try to make incoming TCP connections on random ports on every launch. Or there was a browser setting that disables such connections, since I don’t need features on new tab page or automatic check for updates

Edited by mxuser

22 hours ago, mxuser said:

As far as I understand, due to the constant change of the port by the browser, the firewall triggers a request to create a new rule. And blocking a large range is not good, as my programs may stop working. It would be nice if the browser didn't try to make incoming TCP connections on random ports on every launch. Or there was a browser setting that disables such connections, since I don’t need features on new tab page or automatic check for updates

It will be optimized in the future version. ?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion:
With "Snap screen" in MX you can only capture visible part.
Why not to upgrade "Snap Screen" with scroll function (like in MS EDGE), when you can just hold down mouse button and drag to the bottom of the page (the part you want to screen).

Note: This is different from "Snap Page". 

• Like 2