Mx6 questions and discussions

On 12/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Dragoncho, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.3.600. Please try to update it.

Will do. However, please note that:
1. Auto-update notifications aren't working properly.

2. The version shown as latest upon checking is not indeed the latest one.

image.png.9b4329355524f153fd00ce61131b78e7.png

Beta updates option is active.

image.png.6667ddcf8920b02be0aa0343f60ef8ef.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dragoncho said:

Will do. However, please note that:
1. Auto-update notifications aren't working properly.

2. The version shown as latest upon checking is not indeed the latest one.

image.png.9b4329355524f153fd00ce61131b78e7.png

Beta updates option is active.

image.png.6667ddcf8920b02be0aa0343f60ef8ef.png

Hi Dragoncho, currently the updates notification will not be pushed unless there was a serious bug fixed. We advise users to check back weekly on the Release Notes page for any new updates.

1 hour ago, projektilski said:

Strange graphics corruption in latest version of Maxthon. 6.1.3.700 (but it was the same in few latest beta)

Lenovo T460 with 64bit Windows 11. I didn't notice any graphics corruption anywhere else (games included).

Hi projektilski, this known issue is still being analyzed. ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kvd71 said:

поисковая система не выбирается по умолчанию в версии 6.1.3.700

search engine is not selected by default in version 6.1.3.700

Hi kvd71, could you describe this issue in detail? It would be appreciated if you could provide a short video or screenshot of it.

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Привет, kvd71, не могли бы вы подробно описать эту проблему? Будем признательны, если вы предоставите короткое видео или снимок экрана.

but on the other computer it is fine. I will sort this out.

Version 6.1.3.900(64-bit)1224 prevents access to many websites, saying they are not safe "The site ahead contains malware", although Chrome opens the sites with no warnings, and checking them online results in "Domain clean by Google Safe Browsing, McAfee, Sucuri Labs, ESET, PhishTank, Yandex, Opera" (for example mediagalaxy.ro). I get the same error even when trying to access the WordPress admin page (on all websites I have, with no exception).

Any idea why?

3 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Version 6.1.3.900(64-bit)1224 prevents access to many websites, saying they are not safe "The site ahead contains malware", although Chrome opens the sites with no warnings, and checking them online results in "Domain clean by Google Safe Browsing, McAfee, Sucuri Labs, ESET, PhishTank, Yandex, Opera" (for example mediagalaxy.ro). I get the same error even when trying to access the WordPress admin page (on all websites I have, with no exception).

Any idea why?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Any idea why?

Hi Mr. SS, this issue has been resolved in the latest version V6.1.3.901

Hi folks, and Happy New Year!

As another user pointed above, I don't know how the search engines are supposed to work. I deleted all but Google and input my own 6-7 custom search engines (that I used for years on MX5), but I don't know how they can be accessed. On the "New Tab" search box is showing only the default engine and nothing else. (Maxthon 6.1.3.1000 final portable, guest account).

P.S. I attached a screenshot. Sorry, is not only Google, it seems i leave alone 3 default engines (Google, Bing & Yahoo), but my custom engines are not showing.

ScreenShot_001.png

Edited by Massor
Insert screenshot

4 hours ago, Massor said:

Hi folks, and Happy New Year!

As another user pointed above, I don't know how the search engines are supposed to work. I deleted all but Google and input my own 6-7 custom search engines (that I used for years on MX5), but I don't know how they can be accessed. On the "New Tab" search box is showing only the default engine and nothing else. (Maxthon 6.1.3.1000 final portable, guest account).

P.S. I attached a screenshot. Sorry, is not only Google, it seems i leave alone 3 default engines (Google, Bing & Yahoo), but my custom engines are not showing.

ScreenShot_001.png

Hi Massor, you can set the new search engine as the default then it will be shown in the search engine drop-down list.?

OK, but I don't want to go every time in settings and set a new default search engine, I just want them to appear all in the drop-down list in New Tab page and pick what ever I want from the list of my custom defined engines. Thanks! (please have another look at my screenshot to see what I meant). There are search engine introduced that not reflected in that drop-down box in new page. I want a search engine functionality like in MX5.

BTW. Have you consider reintroducing the search box on the right of the address bar?

On 1/6/2022 at 1:10 AM, Massor said:

OK, but I don't want to go every time in settings and set a new default search engine, I just want them to appear all in the drop-down list in New Tab page and pick what ever I want from the list of my custom defined engines.

Hi Massor, request recorded :)

On 1/6/2022 at 1:10 AM, Massor said:

BTW. Have you consider reintroducing the search box on the right of the address bar?

We will record this as well.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:09 AM, Massor said:

Wow! Very very nice History and Last Session pages in Dark Mode in the latest beta (6.1.3.1100)... But what about the Settings pages for the next beta?... and maybe the Extensions page too? Thanks!

The dev team will support the dark mode on settings page and extension page as soon as possible. ?

4 hours ago, Massor said:

I confirm in the latest stable release (6.1.3.1100) the corruption in rendering (some) images is still present. Very annoying... ?

Hi Massor, can you let us know what kind of images in specific? Or perhaps from which website? If possible, could you record a video on this issue so that we could look into it?

On 1/15/2022 at 1:26 AM, kvd71 said:

на Youtub не срабатывает авто воспроизведение

Autoplay not working on Youtube

Hi kvd71, you could go to Settings > Advanced > Video and Audio > Disable autoplay

Make sure the checkbox of disable autoplay is unchecked.

snap_screen_20220117105509.png

• Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 11:56 PM, Massor said:

I confirm in the latest stable release (6.1.3.1100) the corruption in rendering (some) images is still present. Very annoying... ?

Sometimes, even the new tab page thumbnails gets affected. MX5 vs. MX6.1.3.1200:

snap_screen_20220117235908.png

snap_screen_20220117235808.png

1) click STAR (bookmarks) -- > from drop down bookmark list choose any bookmarked file or folder (A) and drag it to another (any) folder (B). This folder (B) supposed to open (and show all content) , but last couple of months  it doesnt (most time) . Yes, bookmarked (A) will be placed in folder (B) at the end of the list, but yuo dnt see content of folder B. Also, when you release pressed mouse left button , only moved file/folder (A) will be seen in folder B. You need to click again on STAR (bookmarks) and now you will see all content of folder B (with file/folder A at the end of list). Happens not 100%, but most time.

2) after updating to Version6.1.3.1200 , youtube doesnt work correctly. No autoplay, you need to click "play" every time (even in watchlist). Cant update to newer version ("update" function  doesnt update with every MX update :)) . Only once in 2-3 updates