Mx6 questions and discussions

21 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi rambo, I tried to test this issue in the latest version 6.1.2.3600 but haven't reproduced it. Please try to update it and try this issue again. ?

ok. I will try this again, when my browser updates to 6.1.2.36..

Right now it refuses to update - says "Maxthon browser is up to date"

4 minutes ago, rambo said:

ok. I will try this again, when my browser updates to 6.1.2.36..

Right now it refuses to update - says "Maxthon browser is up to date"

Hi rambo, usually the development team will not push for update in beta version unless they have fixed a serious bug. Please kindly download and install the latest version manually here: V6.1.2.3600

3 hours ago, Zanzibar said:

Please add option to swith off (hide) search field at main sreeen.

Reason 1: there is website address field with same functionality.

Reason 2: this element eats vertical space from main screen. Better to use this space for tiles (especially at wide and undersized notebooks displays)

Why tiles inside groups have less size than at main screen? It is not good because text labels at tiles became truncated (for text label tile mode), thumbnails are too small to recognize image (for screenshot tile mode).

Please make tiles inside groups bigger (same size as at main screen needed).

On 11/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, Zanzibar said:

Dear Developers!

Please add to tiles text wrap and dynamically setup font size.

How many site headers trimmed and it is very inconveniently!!!

Suggestions recorded. 

On 11/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, Zanzibar said:

Please add option to show user defined website header under the website screenshot (like in early MX versions)

This option will be very usefull for "Show website logo" mode (for example where user save several YouTube tiles - it is when all time on the screen subheaders needed!)

Hovering on the thumbnails, you can see the header.

Dingtalk_20211115183105.jpgDingtalk_20211115183126.jpg

On 11/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, Zanzibar said:

Bugs in main menu - text over text

It will be fixed in the new core version.

21 minutes ago, Zanzibar said:

Dear developers!

Please add custom RGB-color picker for tiles

Suggestion recorded. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Suggestions recorded. 

Hovering on the thumbnails, you can see the header.

Dingtalk_20211115183105.jpgDingtalk_20211115183126.jpg

It will be fixed in the new core version.

Suggestion recorded. ?

Yes, I know about howering. But it is awfully to hower each tile (thumbnail) to find desired header.

Several real examples of my pain as user:

1) several different links to YouTube blogs;Snag_baf90d2.png

2) several different links to Yandex services (now I prefer to use short text labels instead of small thumbnals without "always on screen" text footers);Snag_babcc86.png

3) several different links to my favourites sites (now I prefer to use short text labels instead of small thumbnals without "always on screen" text footers).Snag_badd15f.png

Best solution: add option "always show websites header over thumbnails". Let's user choice: "always on screen" or "hover" behaviour.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.

And as you can see hovered header is too small. Here we have 40%-wide control panel (refresh, edit, delete - this fuctions available via right click at thumbnail). 

Snag_bbe5fb6.png

Edited by Zanzibar

"Save image as..." does not work in V6.1.3.400; it opens the link in new tab if the image has a link or does nothing if the image has no link.

"Search image with Google images" has been replaced by "Search image with Google lens" which also does not work, just crashes the browser.

Reverting to V6.1.2.3600.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:50 PM, Mr. SS said:

Reverting to V6.1.2.3600 made Passkeeper forget all passwords; how can I recover them?

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you send the log files to us regarding this issue? You could find the log files under the folder "User Data." You mean you overwrote 6.1.2.3600 on 6.1.3.400? 

On 11/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, Mr. SS said:

"Save image as..." does not work in V6.1.3.400; it opens the link in new tab if the image has a link or does nothing if the image has no link.

Hi Mr. SS, could you provide us with a specific image link so we could test it out on our end?

On 11/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, Mr. SS said:

"Search image with Google images" has been replaced by "Search image with Google lens" which also does not work, just crashes the browser.

Thank you for notifying us. We have already reported this to the development team and they will try to optimize it as soon as possible,

4 hours ago, Zanzibar said:

Please add one more element into tab context menu "Add to" / "Add to main (tiles) screen"

Snag_51c53b3.png

Request recorded

MX ver. 6.1.3.400 (64 бит) 1119

crashes every time when in drag and drop folder in favourites group

Snag_5430b14.png

Thanks Zanzibar for informing us. Could you forward us your crash report so we could look further into it? 

1 hour ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mr. SS, could you provide us with a specific image link so we could test it out on our end?

It's not a specific image; any image that I right-click on and choose "Save image as" from the menu results in the same behavior (for example the image from the post above this one).

7 minutes ago, Mr. SS said:

It's not a specific image; any image that I right-click on and choose "Save image as" from the menu results in the same behavior (for example the image from the post above this one).

Could you kindly record a short video of this issue so we could forward it to the team to look further into it?

On 11/15/2021 at 2:30 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi rambo, usually the development team will not push for update in beta version unless they have fixed a serious bug. Please kindly download and install the latest version manually here: V6.1.2.3600

today mx updated itself to Version6.1.2.3600(64-bit)1112

I tried to download one file - downloaded without problem.

Think bug is fixed, need more time to say for sure

5 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Hi @BugSir006. There was nothing special - the build was installed last week and was working fine. Started my computer this morning and found that all the passwords were gone.

Could you send the log files to me? You could send today and yesterday log files to me. You could find the log files under the folder "User Data."

2 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Please add a true Google search engine option into Android MX6 app. The Maxask substitute is way too inferior and returns incomplete or irrelevant search results. Thanks in advance to have this fixed in a timely manner!

It will be added to the next version. ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Could you send the log files to me? You could send today and yesterday log files to me. You could find the log files under the folder "User Data."

Yesterday I re-installed 3501 over 3600 and re-synced passwords from another computer after. This morning the passwords are back to norm here. I sent you the logs via PM.

17 hours ago, grisp1 said:

Yesterday I re-installed 3501 over 3600 and re-synced passwords from another computer after. This morning the passwords are back to norm here. I sent you the logs via PM.

Thank you for your help! :5884970a7da3a_1:

The dev team has found the bug from the log files, this issue will be fixed as soon as possible.