Mx6 questions and discussions

• 2 weeks later...

In version 6.1.2.2800 I had an option on right-click on an image to search it with Google images. In versions 6.1.2.3100 and 6.1.2.3200 it is missing. Can you bring it back?

Before anyone jumps with an extension suggestion: the search that was embedded in Maxthon 6.1.2.2800 uploaded an image to Google images instead of just sending a link (as all the extensions I tested do), which makes it usable with images that are not publicly available (like when browsing password-protected websites).

On 10/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, Mr. SS said:

In version 6.1.2.2800 I had an option on right-click on an image to search it with Google images. In versions 6.1.2.3100 and 6.1.2.3200 it is missing. Can you bring it back?

Hi Mr.SS, this option is available when the current search engine is Google; please try to check it.

Maxthon Snap20211018195201.pngMaxthon Snap20211018195024.png

You are right, it works if I use the default Google search engine. I normally customize it as soon as I set up a new browser (still keeping the name "Google") and it used to work with my customized search string, but now it seems to work only with the default search string (which can't be modified).

Would it be possible to make it work with a custom string, as long as the search provider is still google.com?

16 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

You are right, it works if I use the default Google search engine. I normally customize it as soon as I set up a new browser (still keeping the name "Google") and it used to work with my customized search string, but now it seems to work only with the default search string (which can't be modified).

Would it be possible to make it work with a custom string, as long as the search provider is still google.com?

Request recorded. ?

Because I don't see bugs, but feel I need to write something here )), I make -->
Suggestions:

1) Make some improvements to "Bookmark Manager".
a) Add some functionality, import ideas from MX5 Maxnote, like add "trash" for deleted bookmarks, with automatic final deletion in 7 (on so) days, add multiply selection possibility (check-boxes before website name), e.t.c.. 
b) Improve visual appearance of bookmark manager. The way it looks now, causes depression.

2) Lets vote. Make pool, if even 20% of your beta testers (us) say they like those submenus (see attached pic), I say no more :)) It will be last time I criticize them. I mean I don't understand, if there is anybody, who wants to make extra click to delete bookmarked file. Your argument, that somebody accidentally deleted favorite bookmarked URL, because it is in one click - not really argument )). (and with bookmark trash option there is 0% of lost bookmarks).. Also from previous versions of MX I personally miss "bookmark all tabs" command when just right click on one of the tabs. In mx6 again we need to make "extra move". That's not big deal, but "DELETE" command should be in main menu. There is plenty of space in context menu. ))

Clip1.jpg

Edited by rambo
  • Like 2

I just opened Maxthon from my laptop (usually I use Desktop PC) and was very surprised.
Suggestion from my previous post (suggestion #2) about "Delete" submenus is already changed (the way I wanted) with last update. Unbelievable. You read my mind.  
The reason Desktop shows old way is it doesn't want to update from Version6.1.2.3000(64-bit). Not automatically, not manually. Laptop updated browser to last Version6.1.2.3200(64-bit) with no problem.

P.S.
I was trying to write this from laptop. But because I don't remember "rambo" password on MX forum, I clicked "forgot password" button, waited 10 minutes -
nothing. Entered email again, passed spam check, click - "You have recently submitted a password reset request. Check your email within the next few minutes
including any junk or spam folders." Checked every folder in yahoo mail - still no password reset. more then 30 minutes.

We can consider this as a bag? :) 

Edited by rambo

Hey I have a great idea in mind...maybe we should remove the "Control Music,videos and more" button,the video pop up as seen on the YouTube videos as well as the option called "Install YouTube" from the Maxthon 6 address bar.Also,the forward and backward arrows needed to be shown a lot more longer just like Maxthon 5 did...it never had the things Maxthon 6 gave us...if you would remove them,then it'll be just like Maxthon 5 but,with some of the Maxthon 6 related settings.Also it needs to have the costumize your user agent option and the "Do not show video pop up" option.It also needs a "stop showing Control Music,videos and more" option.The videos can play just as fine without the button being shown at Maxthon 6.

Hey...I also have yet another idea for Maxthon 6.Remove the "Recently Closed" from the history button also at Maxthon 6.News flash,although Maxthon 6 is acting like Google Chrome...but,it's still Maxthon and I really wanted the "Recently Closed" history removed from the History button please.

On 10/20/2021 at 12:29 AM, rambo said:

a) Add some functionality, import ideas from MX5 Maxnote, like add "trash" for deleted bookmarks, with automatic final deletion in 7 (on so) days, add multiply selection possibility (check-boxes before website name), e.t.c.. 
b) Improve visual appearance of bookmark manager. The way it looks now, causes depression.

Suggestions recorded. ?

On 10/20/2021 at 12:29 AM, rambo said:

2) Lets vote. Make pool, if even 20% of your beta testers (us) say they like those submenus (see attached pic), I say no more :)) It will be last time I criticize them. I mean I don't understand, if there is anybody, who wants to make extra click to delete bookmarked file. Your argument, that somebody accidentally deleted favorite bookmarked URL, because it is in one click - not really argument )). (and with bookmark trash option there is 0% of lost bookmarks).. Also from previous versions of MX I personally miss "bookmark all tabs" command when just right click on one of the tabs. In mx6 again we need to make "extra move". That's not big deal, but "DELETE" command should be in main menu. There is plenty of space in context menu. ))

The latest version 6.1.2.3200 has optimized the right-click menus. ?

Maxthon Snap20211021110333.pngMaxthon Snap20211021110817.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rambo said:

I was trying to write this from laptop. But because I don't remember "rambo" password on MX forum, I clicked "forgot password" button, waited 10 minutes -
nothing. Entered email again, passed spam check, click - "You have recently submitted a password reset request. Check your email within the next few minutes
including any junk or spam folders." Checked every folder in yahoo mail - still no password reset. more then 30 minutes.

It will be fixed as soon as possible. ?

Could you guys please fix the "unsuported Browser" issue on Maxthon 6 please.I just updated to Maxthon 6 and it still says "Unsupported Browser" every time I logged into Tumblr.Please remove the "Unsuported Browser" thing from all the websites and it'll be fine.Thanks^^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 14615246 said:

Could you guys please fix the "unsuported Browser" issue on Maxthon 6 please.I just updated to Maxthon 6 and it still says "Unsupported Browser" every time I logged into Tumblr.Please remove the "Unsuported Browser" thing from all the websites and it'll be fine.Thanks^^

Hi 14615246, thanks for informing. We have notified the development team about this and they will look into this issue.

On 10/20/2021 at 8:58 PM, 14615246 said:

Hey...I also have yet another idea for Maxthon 6.Remove the "Recently Closed" from the history button also at Maxthon 6.News flash,although Maxthon 6 is acting like Google Chrome...but,it's still Maxthon and I really wanted the "Recently Closed" history removed from the History button please.

I have to disagree with that. As sometimes this is the only way to recover a session, which I always do, I really appreciate this option.

I would have no problem to have it removable (from settings), or if it is replaced by something (better).

On 10/20/2021 at 9:58 PM, 14615246 said:

I'm not sure if I understand which "button" you talking about. If we all talk about "undo button", with all due respect I also strongly disagree with that. This is not Chrome's, but Maxthon feature since version 2. Maxthon without "Undo list / button" (and possibility to recover after crash) is like Schwarzenegger without muscles 

New tab used to show my preferences, my settings, my favorites. Now it is standard, always sets back, no matter, how I customize is. Could you repair it, please? Thanks.

Beta version 6.1.2.3400 works fine, official does not.

Edited by zsolt1

On 1/11/2021 at 11:21 PM, trump98 said:

in MX5 it was the following:
i open some number of tabs (let's name them #1, #2, #3 for example).
stop the browser - in any way: alt-f4, windows rebooting due to its updates, reset button...
after starting the browser, if the "Open on startup" setting was set to "Last session", the mx://last-visit/ page was opened with links to tabs #1, #2, #3 from my last session.
i click the #2 link to re-open that tab. then i open some new tabs (#4, #5). and finally i close tabs #2 and #4.
now i restart the browser again - and in mx://last-visit/ i have links not from the LAST SESSION only (according to the setting's name), but to all the pages i have not closed directly by myself (#1, #3, #5).

in MX6 it is changed. in mx://last-visit/ there are only links from tabs that have been opened at the monent of last session closing. links that will not be re-opened to tabs in current session from mx://last-visit/, in next session will be lost.
is it possible to get that "incorrect MX5 behavior" back in MX6? may be i've missed some settings?

are there any news related to this question?

is something at least planned? or should i foget it?

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Zanzibar said:

Dear Developers!

Why you limit space for tiles in groups?

Snag_47f1fae.png

Dear Developers!

Please optimize header at main tiles screen. Now there are to much vertical spaces and absolutely useless header 

Snag_4850fc3.png

----

Please add option to show user defined website header under the website screenshot (like in early MX versions)

This option will be very usefull for "Show website logo" mode (for example where user save several YouTube tiles - it is when all time on the screen subheaders needed!)

Snag_49e7d39.png

Please add option to show user defined website header under the website screenshot (like in early MX versions)

This option will be very usefull for "Show website logo" mode (for example where user save several YouTube tiles - it is when all time on the screen subheaders needed!)

Snag_4a01398.png

• Like 1

Why tiles inside groups have less size than at main screen? It is not good because text labels at tiles became truncated (for text label tile mode), thumbnails are too small to recognize image (for screenshot tile mode).

Please make tiles inside groups bigger (same size as at main screen needed).

Snag_9bb17f8.png

Edited by Zanzibar

Please add option to swith off (hide) search field at main sreeen.

Reason 1: there is website address field with same functionality.

Reason 2: this element eats vertical space from main screen. Better to use this space for tiles (especially at wide and undersized notebooks displays)

Snag_9d157d5.png

Version6.1.2.3501(64-bit)1108

Yesterday and today noticed mx download problem (see video)
Two different files from Two different websites 1) downloading powerbi from microsoft and 2) downloading tableau

For 300-400MB file I clicked about 10 times "Retry". Finally files downloaded successfully  
Also "This will delete downloaded file" isn't true. After clicking "Retry" downgliding continues from point of interruption. 

Edited by rambo

1 hour ago, rambo said:
Version6.1.2.3501(64-bit)1108

Yesterday and today noticed mx download problem (see video)
Two different files from Two different websites 1) downloading powerbi from microsoft and 2) downloading tableau

For 300-400MB file I clicked about 10 times "Retry". Finally files downloaded successfully  
Also "This will delete downloaded file" isn't true. After clicking "Retry" downgliding continues from point of interruption. 

Hi rambo, I tried to test this issue in the latest version 6.1.2.3600 but haven't reproduced it. Please try to update it and try this issue again. ?