Mx6 questions and discussions

Just realized there's another bug: when downloading a file and modifying the destination folder name manually, if the folder does not exist the file is sent to the default "Download" folder instead of creating the desired folder, as it does in MX5.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rambo said:

And if you add status bar (with possibility to add there zoom +/- and diff. tools) - MX6 will be #2 browser in the world (after mx5) 

To make it #1, all you need make maxnote old way.

( but "mute tab", "global mute" on status bar and "zoom" on status bar are more important for me personally) 

Me Too, I really Hope That MX6 Can be Like MX5 with Chrome's Functions.

I still Waiting for Side bar, Status bar, Mx5's Translation Box, Mx5's Mute tab.

And Auto Refresh too .. Didn't Fixed yet ..

• Like 3

On 6/11/2021 at 6:16 PM, darknessblade said:

AAH OK.

Not sure if it is a bug or something with the new quick-access

since i tried managing the quick-access page so it looks a bit more like how i had it with maxton, but the tabs/folders whent everywhere and everything went out of order.

even trying to drag a folder down, does not work as it does not want to drop in place

even something as simple as trying to put back a tab/link that has been pulled out of a folder for some strange reason causes everything to get jumbled

thus something like a:

LOCK IN PLACE feature should be usefull to prevent tabs from moving everywhere

Hi darknessblade, I tried on my end but could not reproduce the same issue. Could you download the latest version V6.1.2.1500 and try again?

On 6/12/2021 at 7:26 PM, Mr. SS said:

Just realized there's another bug: when downloading a file and modifying the destination folder name manually, if the folder does not exist the file is sent to the default "Download" folder instead of creating the desired folder, as it does in MX5.

Hi Mr. SS, thanks for your feedback. We have reported this bug to the development team :)

On 6/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, rambo said:

Thanks for optimized "save as image" function ? ?

But dont understand what changes where made in "Mute" . The same useless "Mute site" with the right click menu. All you need to do is make CLICK (not right click) on microphone icon on tab and that mutes TAB (not site).  Show me one situation where you need "mute site". "Tab mute" is waaay better. 

And if you add status bar (with possibility to add there zoom +/- and diff. tools) - MX6 will be #2 browser in the world (after mx5) 

To make it #1, all you need make maxnote old way.

( but "mute tab", "global mute" on status bar and "zoom" on status bar are more important for me personally) 

Hi Rambo, the mute tab function will be added in the future version. Request for status bar has already been recorded for the development team's consideration.

On 6/13/2021 at 2:01 AM, DONG DONG said:

I still Waiting for Side bar, Status bar, Mx5's Translation Box, Mx5's Mute tab.

Hi Dong Dong, all these requests has been recorded for the development team's consideration to add it in for future versions.

On 6/13/2021 at 2:01 AM, DONG DONG said:

And Auto Refresh too .. Didn't Fixed yet ..

Does this problem occurs when you restart the browser?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Also, I get many errors like this lately (starting with version 6.1.2.1400). I get them on websites that I never got them on before.

This page isn’t working

www.example.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Hi Mr. SS, just to check if you have installed any extensions regarding proxy?

On 6/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mr. SS, could you try to disable all these extensions and see if you still experience the same error?

It happened again after the last update; I disabled all extensions (including default ones like resource sniffer), and the error was still there, so it doesn't seem to be related to any extension.

On 5/31/2021 at 5:35 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Rainman, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.2.1305. ?

Now I try 6.1.2.1600(32 bit) 0618 portable
The tabs opened in order. However, a new tab appeared to the left of the pinned ones, and in the settings it is specified to open a new one on the right of the current one.

I am very glad to see the possibility of a screenshot for quick access. If I could put my own picture, it would be even better.
Let me also remind you that the best version of quick access in the history of maxthon was the version in mx4, where there were named pages arranged horizontally. This version allowed you to catalog quick access and open the desired page as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainman said:

Now I try 6.1.2.1600(32 bit) 0618 portable
The tabs opened in order. However, a new tab appeared to the left of the pinned ones, and in the settings it is specified to open a new one on the right of the current one.

Hi Rainman, have you selected "new tab" as the startup page? If you select the "new tab" as the startup page, it will be opened after the every launch. Regarding the new tab location, it means when you open a new tab manually, it will be opened to the right of the current tab. ?

20 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

It happened again after the last update; I disabled all extensions (including default ones like resource sniffer), and the error was still there, so it doesn't seem to be related to any extension.

Hi Mr. SS, are you able to provide a video to show us which website you encounter the error at?

3 hours ago, Rainman said:

I am very glad to see the possibility of a screenshot for quick access. If I could put my own picture, it would be even better.
Let me also remind you that the best version of quick access in the history of maxthon was the version in mx4, where there were named pages arranged horizontally. This version allowed you to catalog quick access and open the desired page as quickly as possible.

Hi Rainman, we will record your request and put it up to the development team for their consideration.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 3:44 AM, Rainman said:

Yes, finally!

If I could put my own picture, it would be even better.“ 

That would be an amazing thing !!! Please note that this would certainly give Maxthon an advantage over the competition.

Thanks for your work!

Edited by brian67
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, brian67 said:

Yes, finally!

"If I could put my own picture, it would be even better." 

That would be an amazing thing !!! Please consider, it would certainly give Maxthon an advantage over the competition.

Hi brian67, thanks for the suggestion. Request has already been put up to the development team :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rambo said:

what is quickest way to update mx6 portable version without loosing personal settings?

Hi rambo, we will be releasing the auto update next Tuesday. Best if you could wait for the auto update to prevent any data or settings lost. If you wish to do a manual update, you could copy the 'User Data' folder to the new version.

A4FAF705-2C73-4c0b-8259-89F2CA8BEFF2.png

• Like 1

+ Added mute tab to shortcuts (Alt+M), the speaker icon can be clicked on the tab

? Great. Thx

Also I see I can Shift-Click from bookmarks, website opened in background but bookmark list  dont close anymore (like in mx5) - ? ?

Edited by rambo

On 6/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, brian67 said:
An error occurred somewhere... Each time you start, the cards are refreshed indefinitely, the sounds of video from the cards are heard in the background.

V6.1.2.1700

2021-06-26 09_38_25-Window.png

Hi brian67, usually it will take a few seconds for it to load. If you still experience same issue after restarting, kindly provide us a video to look into it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DONG DONG said:

I have a suggestion.. for screenshots why not put the suggestion to download the photo directly in a specific place after taking the picture.. like taking the picture in smartphones.

Hi Dong Dong, this function is already in place. You can select the path to download the screenshots to. And as for images, you could edit the pathway in settings > general > quick save images

9 hours ago, DONG DONG said:

And when we will get Maxthon Ad-blocker and translation ???

I want Mx5's Ad-blocker and translation not chrome's ..

Request recorded