Mx6 questions and discussions

2 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Use CTRL+click to open in new background tab.

2 hours ago, rambo said:

? tnx. I didnt know about this.

it works on links from websites. but from favorites list CTRL like ShIFT still opens (makes active) new tab.

2 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Saving or downloading is basically the same thing; it's true that in MX5 images saved this way did not appear in the download list, but that's the only difference.

So why not to make older way, when everybody, including chrome users (I believe chrome engine is used in mx too) save pictures with traditional since windows 3.1 ))  method. Especially when new way isnt any better.

As I said , if I need to rename picture (which i'm going to save on disk)  I need to a) add extension .jpeg to the end, or b) leave it intact while remaining, which makes me do additional efforts selecting name without extension. 

Otherwise I'll get unreadable file. With "traditional save picture" method you dont care about exstension.

Also, I'm not sure, but some people like save pics in one folder and downloads to another. And changing directories every time.. hmm..  

new

9) when I click on bookmark star on toolbar (just to see/list my bookmarks) , often I get add to bookmark window/dialog. Like I clicked on star and then immediately on first on the menu "bookmark this site..". First I thought - it was my mistake and I was double clicking (star and then bookmark this site..). But it happens now so often, that I think there might be some bug ))

Edited by rambo

2 hours ago, ZorMi said:

When saving an image from the right-click menu, it goes to the download folder also. In version v5 it was saved to this (quick save images) folder, which is more convenient. We could set a separate location for images album.

Hi ZorMi, could you let me know which right-click option to save the image to the QuickSave path?

Maxthon Snap20210528180117.png

2 hours ago, rambo said:

1) By default I see regular bookmark menu for favorite websites. Maxnote is now different app? 

You could also add URL to Maxnote.

3 hours ago, rambo said:

a) can I use maxnote as my bookmark manager (like in mx5)? 

Yes.

3 hours ago, rambo said:

b) were is import/export user data (to maxnote)? 

Currently, no. This request will be forwarded to the product team.

3 hours ago, rambo said:

c) where is update site icons? 

Sorry, it has been removed.

3 hours ago, rambo said:

2) Status bar with useful tools are still missing

3) Where is "Global mute" (button or alternative shortcuts). I was also using mute on individual tabs a lot (using tab mute from right click isn't convenient).

4 hours ago, rambo said:

5) I want to turn off Magic fill for passwords and forms, but can't find it in settings anymore.

Request reported. ?

3 hours ago, rambo said:

4) I have MX6 icon pinned at taskbar. After opening maxthon I have second icon at taskbar. I believe thats not how it's supposed to be.

This known issue is still being analyzed.

4 hours ago, rambo said:

6) click on link with SHIFT opens link in new tab, that's good, but not good that it makes new tab active and I don't see way to change it (stay in original tab). In MX5 it was possible.

You could middle-click to open the page in background.

4 hours ago, rambo said:

7) when saving image to PC -> right click -> save image as  - > instead of saving JPEG traditional method we have "new download task" window  (and if you rename picture without adding .jpeg to the and you have unreadable file). I need just save picture, not download it ... 

You could try to use the Quick Save image function.

Maxthon Snap20210528192211.png

4 hours ago, rambo said:

? in MX5 in maxnote click on bookmarked list with SHIFT key pressed down was opening bookmarked website without closing/collapsing bookmark list. And now SHIFT just opens bookmarked website in new window. Lets say I need to open 5 different bookmarked websites. Now, when SHIFT+click doesnt work old way, I need to go 5 times to toolbar -> favorites button -> ..

Issue recorded. ? Currently, you could middle click on the bookmark to open page in background.

2 hours ago, rambo said:

9) when I click on bookmark star on toolbar (just to see/list my bookmarks) , often I get add to bookmark window/dialog. Like I clicked on star and then immediately on first on the menu "bookmark this site..". First I thought - it was my mistake and I was double clicking (star and then bookmark this site..). But it happens now so often, that I think there might be some bug ))

I tired to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide me a video of it?

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

2 hours ago, rambo said:

As I said , if I need to rename picture (which i'm going to save on disk)  I need to a) add extension .jpeg to the end, or b) leave it intact while remaining, which makes me do additional efforts selecting name without extension. 

Otherwise I'll get unreadable file. With "traditional save picture" method you dont care about exstension.

Also, I'm not sure, but some people like save pics in one folder and downloads to another. And changing directories every time.. hmm..  

Request reported. ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

You could try to use the Quick Save image function.

wit quick save you cant give name to a file

Request reported. ?

5 hours ago, rambo said:

?

You could also add URL to Maxnote.

5 hours ago, rambo said:

Currently, no. This request will be forwarded to the product team.

5 hours ago, rambo said:

So if I cant import my bookmarks (years of work) that means I cant use maxnote as bookmark manager. Hope you will return old maxnote. With maxnote more possibilities to organize bookmarks. Sometimes u need to pin bookmarks on sidebar. Most missed tool - trash for deleted bookmarks 

Issue recorded. ? Currently, you could middle click on the bookmark to open page in background.

3 hours ago, rambo said:

thx. good to know. 

I tired to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide me a video of it?

as i said it happens randomly (so will be difficult to catch), but quite often in mx6. Never happened inmx5 thou.

also in this case video will not be enough I think, because it will be hard to prove there was no double click. But I will pay more attention to this possible bug, and see if it is possible or bug ))

Edited by rambo
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi ZorMi, could you let me know which right-click option to save the image to the QuickSave path?

Save Image As... was saving image to the Quick Save path, in Maxthon 5.3.8. and earlier.

42 minutes ago, Mhzayer said:

Thank you Dong Dong
But that's not so easy for newbies 
I wanted them to put it on the bookmark toolbar right click for easier access

export bookmarks.png

Hi Mhzayer, we have recorded your request and forward to the product team for their consideration.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, Rainman said:

For version 6.1.2.1200 (portable x86, no installed Maxthon in this system), the same problems persisted. The problem of the reverse order of pinned tabs also persists. Some pinned tabs-disappear after restarting.

Hi Rainman, this issue has been fixed in the latest version 6.1.2.1305. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DONG DONG said:

Can You Please Put Mute Function For The Tab only, Not All the site ?

Some Times I wanted To Mute One tab but it Mutes All tabs in the same Site ..

I want MX5 Mute Function.

Hi DONG DONG, we will optimize this mute function in later version.

continue..

10) super drug is #1 reason started using MX many many years ago.
Noticed it doesn't work in mx6 sometimes. E.g. YouTube left menu: home, watch later, subscriptions, lists...
In MX5 everything ok.

11) "tab mute". Why missing? "Mute site" is different. And IMHO it is useless. 
What is the purpose of site mute? when I have multiple YouTube tabs and right click -> "mute site" mutes all tabs.. Why?

We need a) global mute, and b) tab mute. 

Also, why not to make it like in mx5 directly on tab? you already have microphone icon on tab when music playing, so you don't have space problem. Why not to add feature when clicking on it tab mutes?!

In mx5 everything was more convenient. Now you have new scrum master? ))

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rambo said:

10) super drug is #1 reason started using MX many many years ago.
Noticed it doesn't work in mx6 sometimes. E.g. YouTube left menu: home, watch later, subscriptions, lists...
In MX5 everything ok.

Hi rambo, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide me a video of it? Did you use the latest version 6.1.2.1305?

1 hour ago, rambo said:

Also, why not to make it like in mx5 directly on tab? you already have microphone icon on tab when music playing, so you don't have space problem. Why not to add feature when clicking on it tab mutes?!

It will be added to MX6 as soon as possible. ?

• Like 3

Hi rambo, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide me a video of it? Did you use the latest version 6.1.2.1305?

this short mouse movements - I'm trying to drug and drop to open link in new tab.
In MX5 with 100% successful rate and in MX6 - maybe 10% . 
But in 90% websites super drug works good even in mx6. 
Both browsers have ad block plugin installed

latest version 6.1.2.1305

https://sendvid.com/v1em8soq

Edited by rambo

On 6/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, rambo said:

this short mouse movements - I'm trying to drug and drop to open link in new tab.
In MX5 with 100% successful rate and in MX6 - maybe 10% . 
But in 90% websites super drug works good even in mx6. 
Both browsers have ad block plugin installed

latest version 6.1.2.1305

https://sendvid.com/v1em8soq

Hi rambo, thank you for your video. It has been forwarded to the dev team. ?

2 hours ago, martinstz said:

Hi!

Why MX6 cannot open, when i have not internet? I'm with the lastest version. MX6 create many processes but not starting. When i connect to the internet i have no problem and MX6 is starting.

1715647007_Maxhtonnotstarting.wmv

Hi martinstz, it seems like the MX icon on your taskbar is the older version. Maybe you could unpin the icon on your taskbar and install the latest version 6.1.2.1400 and try again?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi martinstz, it seems like the MX icon on your taskbar is the older version. Maybe you could unpin the icon on your taskbar and install the latest version 6.1.2.1400 and try again?

Thank's! It's working!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi darknessblade, our development team are working on this now. Will keep you updated once it is rolled out.

AAH OK.

Not sure if it is a bug or something with the new quick-access

since i tried managing the quick-access page so it looks a bit more like how i had it with maxton, but the tabs/folders whent everywhere and everything went out of order.

even trying to drag a folder down, does not work as it does not want to drop in place

even something as simple as trying to put back a tab/link that has been pulled out of a folder for some strange reason causes everything to get jumbled

thus something like a:

LOCK IN PLACE feature should be usefull to prevent tabs from moving everywhere

Edited by darknessblade

+ Added "Mute site" option to the right-click menu (shortcut: Alt+M)
+ Optimized "save as image" function

Thanks for optimized "save as image" function ? ?

But dont understand what changes where made in "Mute" . The same useless "Mute site" with the right click menu. All you need to do is make CLICK (not right click) on microphone icon on tab and that mutes TAB (not site).  Show me one situation where you need "mute site". "Tab mute" is waaay better. 

And if you add status bar (with possibility to add there zoom +/- and diff. tools) - MX6 will be #2 browser in the world (after mx5) 

To make it #1, all you need make maxnote old way.

( but "mute tab", "global mute" on status bar and "zoom" on status bar are more important for me personally) 

Edited by rambo
  • Like 3