Mx6 questions and discussions

7 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Also, something similar to Vivaldi's "Cookie Crumbler" would be very useful, something to set all those annoying GDPR permissions to a certain level and have no more pop-ups and pop-overs asking permission to plant tons of cookies on your device.

Hi Mr. SS, you could go to Settings in MX6 to change your selection for cookies. Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Cookies and Site Data

image.png 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Mr. SS, you could go to Settings in MX6 to change your selection for cookies. Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Cookies and Site Data

image.png 

Yes, I know about this, but this is the standard cookie management that all browsers have. This new feature in Vivaldi is supposed to get you rid of pop-ups and notifications related to GDPR permissions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. SS said:

Yes, I know about this, but this is the standard cookie management that all browsers have. This new feature in Vivaldi is supposed to get you rid of pop-ups and notifications related to GDPR permissions.

Hi Mr. SS, thanks for your feedback. We have noted down your request for our team's consideration to add this feature in the near future version.

I am still missing the status bar with IP and CPU and network usage indicators.

Also, while the new download manager does offer the "Open" option, it still saves the file in the selected location instead of a temporary folder, which is undesired; I want files that I open directly (like for example installers or archives) to be saved to a temp folder that gets cleaned, not to clog up space on my storage drives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. SS said:

I am still missing the status bar with IP and CPU and network usage indicators.

Also, while the new download manager does offer the "Open" option, it still saves the file in the selected location instead of a temporary folder, which is undesired; I want files that I open directly (like for example installers or archives) to be saved to a temp folder that gets cleaned, not to clog up space on my storage drives.

Hi Mr. SS, we will forward your request to the product and development team. Please allow some time for them to review and check how optimization can be done.

• Like 1

The MX6 is slowly becoming functional and usable in practice, that's great! For intuitive use, however, the sidebar and "live" tile previews in Quick Access are still missing. Can you please tell me at least the approximate time horizon when these accessories will be inserted? For their absence, I still use MX5.

Thank you for your work. Sorry for the automatic translation.

16 hours ago, brian67 said:

The MX6 is slowly becoming functional and usable in practice, that's great! For intuitive use, however, the sidebar and "live" tile previews in Quick Access are still missing. Can you please tell me at least the approximate time horizon when these accessories will be inserted? For their absence, I still use MX5.

Thank you for your work. Sorry for the automatic translation.

Hi brian67, thank you for your feedback. We are unable to give you a definite timeframe when all these features will be added as our development team are working on optimizing quite a few features and also working on the bugs found. But please be assured that we have took note of this and have already let our team know and this will definitely be optimized in the future versions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sergey_K said:

Please consider returning the old (from version 5) resource sniffer, which could have been opened in a separate window. It was much more convenient than the current one.

Hi Sergey_K, thank you for your suggestion. We will note it down and put in a request to the development team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rainman said:

However, when pressing Ctrl+F1...

Hi Rainman, I tried to test this issue in the latest version 6.1.2.1200 on my end. If I delete the shortcut, the screen capture won't work by pressing the shortcut.

8 minutes ago, Rainman said:

However, when pressing Ctrl+F1...

Screenshot_101.thumb.png.e2f1674f4165b7b4ad73e072cb49f5d4.png

Did you run Maxthon 5 at that time?

12 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi Rainman, can you try installing the new version V6.1.2.1200 and see if you have the same problem?

For version 6.1.2.1200 (portable x86, no installed Maxthon in this system), the same problems persisted. The problem of the reverse order of pinned tabs also persists. Some pinned tabs-disappear after restarting.

Edited by Rainman

5 hours ago, Rainman said:

The problem of the reverse order of pinned tabs also persists.

Hi Rainman, bug reported. ?

5 hours ago, Rainman said:

Some pinned tabs-disappear after restarting.

Could you reproduce this issue frequently? How many tabs did you pinned? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ZorMi said:

Can we be able to change the "Quick Save Images" hot key?

Ctrl + click is already useful to open a link in the background tab (Shift + click in foreground).

Hi ZorMi, sorry but you wouldn't be able to change the hot key for Quick Save Images. You can only deselect the option for Quick Save if you want to.

image.png

7 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi ZorMi, sorry but you wouldn't be able to change the hot key for Quick Save Images. You can only deselect the option for Quick Save if you want to.

I know that. At least in Maxthon v5 pictures were (manually) saved to the configured quick save images folder, now images go to the same download folder.

• Like 1

What is the easiest way to export bookmarks
I found it not easy 
I had to go to 
mx://bookmarks/
to export which is not available at hand 
Could you please add import and export to the right click of the bookmarks toolbar
And it is a good idea to add a shortcut to go to mx://bookmarks/ too

8 hours ago, ZorMi said:

I know that. At least in Maxthon v5 pictures were (manually) saved to the configured quick save images folder, now images go to the same download folder.

Hi ZorMi, you could configure the folder for the images to be saved to. You may change the save path to the folder required.

image.png

6 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

What is the easiest way to export bookmarks

Hi Mhzayer, you could go to Settings > General > Account information > Export bookmarks

6 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

Could you please add import and export to the right click of the bookmarks toolbar
And it is a good idea to add a shortcut to go to mx://bookmarks/ too

Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward your request to the development team for their consideration.

image.png

Hi, few questions and suggestions about mx6.

1) By default I see regular bookmark menu for favorite websites. Maxnote is now different app? 
 a) can I use maxnote as my bookmark manager (like in mx5)? 
 b) were is import/export user data (to maxnote)? 
 c) where is update site icons? 
 d) how can I stitch to side bar mode when I need to and if I can pin it?

2) Status bar with useful tools are still missing

3) Where is "Global mute" (button or alternative shortcuts). I was also using mute on individual tabs a lot (using tab mute from right click isn't convenient).

4) I have MX6 icon pinned at taskbar. After opening maxthon I have second icon at taskbar. I believe thats not how it's supposed to be.

5) I want to turn off Magic fill for passwords and forms, but can't find it in settings anymore.

6) click on link with SHIFT opens link in new tab, that's good, but not good that it makes new tab active and I don't see way to change it (stay in original tab). In MX5 it was possible.

7) when saving image to PC -> right click -> save image as  - > instead of saving JPEG traditional method we have "new download task" window  (and if you rename picture without adding .jpeg to the and you have unreadable file). I need just save picture, not download it ... 

8) in MX5 in maxnote click on bookmarked list with SHIFT key pressed down was opening bookmarked website without closing/collapsing bookmark list. And now SHIFT just opens bookmarked website in new window. Lets say I need to open 5 different bookmarked websites. Now, when SHIFT+click doesnt work old way, I need to go 5 times to toolbar -> favorites button -> ..

Edited by rambo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rambo said:

6) click on link with SHIFT opens link in new tab, that's good, but not good that it makes new tab active and I don't see way to change it (stay in original tab). In MX5 it was possible.

Use CTRL+click to open in new background tab.

6 minutes ago, rambo said:

7) when saving image to PC -> right click -> save image as  - > instead of saving JPEG traditional method we have "new download task" window  (and if you rename picture without adding .jpeg to the and you have unreadable file). I need just save picture, not download it ... 

Saving or downloading is basically the same thing; it's true that in MX5 images saved this way did not appear in the download list, but that's the only difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BugSir009 said:

Hi ZorMi, you could configure the folder for the images to be saved to. You may change the save path to the folder required.

image.png

Yes, but that only works with the "Quick save images" Ctrl+click shortcut enabled (which is more useful for opening links in the background).

When saving an image from the right-click menu, it goes to the download folder also. In version v5 it was saved to this (quick save images) folder, which is more convenient. We could set a separate location for images album.