Mx6 questions and discussions

On 4/10/2021 at 4:11 PM, Mr. SS said:

Just updated to the latest version (6.1.2.700(64-bit)0409) and I'm seeing a new bug: even though the "Create new tab:" setting is set to "To the right of current tab", it actually opens all the way to the right of all tabs.

Bug reported. ?

On 4/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, BugSir006 said:
On 4/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, Rainman said:

After restarting, the pinned tabs (or maybe the last session) - open in the reverse order

6.1.2.801 (Windows x86 ver.)

Hi there, you can select "Open the new tab to the right of all tabs". ?

MaxthonSnap20210421095303.png

This solution is called a "crutch". The specified setting is clearly intended for other purposes...

I can suggest one more "crutch": open the browser, then close it, then open it again.

Edited by Rainman

31 minutes ago, DONG DONG said:

When we will be able to see, "Mark As Most Favorite" with red Color ??

I missed MX5 and his Functions .. Side bar, Status bar too...

Hi Dong Dong, we have forwarded your request to the product team for their consideration to include in the future MX6. Thank you.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 6:27 AM, Rainman said:

After restarting, the pinned tabs (or maybe the last session) - open in the reverse order

6.1.2.801 (Windows x86 ver.)

I confirm this problem with 6.1.2.905(64-bit)0428, but only after updating the browser (probably also any other way that involves opening from History). After update, if you open the same pages from History - Recently Closed, the tab that was active becomes the first and all the others follow in reverse order. When I just close the browser and open again, all the tabs are exactly as they were. As a workaround I had to re-install the last version to re-reverse the order (because I had 39 open tabs and moving them manually would have been a pain in the butt).

This behavior did not exit prior to 6.1.2.900 (which I skipped, so can't say anything about).

12 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

I confirm this problem with 6.1.2.905(64-bit)0428, but only after updating the browser (probably also any other way that involves opening from History). After update, if you open the same pages from History - Recently Closed, the tab that was active becomes the first and all the others follow in reverse order. When I just close the browser and open again, all the tabs are exactly as they were. As a workaround I had to re-install the last version to re-reverse the order (because I had 39 open tabs and moving them manually would have been a pain in the butt).

This behavior did not exit prior to 6.1.2.900 (which I skipped, so can't say anything about).

Hi Mr. SS, we have tried to test this issue. If you select the option "create a new tab to the right of all tabs," the tabs can be opened in positive order.

image.png

It's true, but I want my new tabs to be next to the current tab, so this is not a good option for people that have the same preference.

Actually, since we are talking about this, I would like the option as it used to be in older MX versions, and also in most other browsers: completely new tabs (like from pressing the "New Tab" button) to be all the way to the right, but links opened in a new tab (either by r-click - "open link in new tab", ctrl+click, shift+click and drag&drop) to open next to the current tab. This is the most intuitive way in my view.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. SS said:

It's true, but I want my new tabs to be next to the current tab, so this is not a good option for people that have the same preference.

Hi Mr. SS, regarding the issue of tab position and the order, we have reported it to the development team.

40 minutes ago, Mr. SS said:

Actually, since we are talking about this, I would like the option as it used to be in older MX versions, and also in most other browsers: completely new tabs (like from pressing the "New Tab" button) to be all the way to the right, but links opened in a new tab (either by r-click - "open link in new tab", ctrl+click, shift+click and drag&drop) to open next to the current tab. This is the most intuitive way in my view.

For this, we have it under settings for your own preference.

image.png

18 minutes ago, BugSir009 said:

For this, we have it under settings for your own preference.

image.png

I have not been able to find a combination in which the new tab opens to the right of all tabs and a drag text or link tab opens to the right of current tab. They all open according to the "Create new tab" setting, and the checkboxes only influence whether the corresponding new tab is activated or opened in the background.

19 minutes ago, Mr. SS said:

I have not been able to find a combination in which the new tab opens to the right of all tabs and a drag text or link tab opens to the right of current tab. They all open according to the "Create new tab" setting, and the checkboxes only influence whether the corresponding new tab is activated or opened in the background.

Hi Mr. SS, the following is my setting. Maybe you could give it a try and see if it works for you? I have tried opening both internal and external link and it works well. Internal link is open in current tab while external link is open in a new tab right beside the current tab. If it still doesn't work out for you, kindly provide us screenshot or video so we could feedback to the team.

image.png

This works as you describe, but does not open a completely new tab ("+" button or ctrl+t) all the way to the right of all tabs, as it worked in MX5 and below (and also works in Chrome, Edge, etc.).

Also, in this way the re-opened tabs are in reversed order.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:06 PM, Mr. SS said:

The issue seems to have been fixed in 6.1.2.1000.

• Like 1

I have another suggestion: when the mouse is over the recent list (r-click on Restore button) to see the url of the page that the mouse is over in the lower left corner, just like for favorites. In MX5 we get a pop-up box with the url (so this could be an option too, but I think in the lower left corner, just as will all links, would be better), but in MX6 we can't see it at all.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

I have another suggestion: when the mouse is over the recent list (r-click on Restore button) to see the url of the page that the mouse is over in the lower left corner, just like for favorites. In MX5 we get a pop-up box with the url (so this could be an option too, but I think in the lower left corner, just as will all links, would be better), but in MX6 we can't see it at all.

Hi Mr. SS, noted on your suggestion. We will feedback to the development team :)

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DONG DONG said:

Please tell me, will we be able to see the sidebar in the future or not .. Even if not, I am not waiting and contemplating for nothing ..

And Thank You.

Hi Dong Dong, please be assured that we have noted down your request. Currently, the engineers are working on optimizing a few functions and fixing bugs. Sidebar and status bar are on the request list and pending for schedule. Would really appreciate your patience while our team work on it. Thank you :)

• Thanks 1

Chrome has a nice feature called "Allow quieter notification prompts"; could it be implemented in MX6 too? Or can we get access to Chrome engine settings? Right now chrome://settings/content/notifications opens mx://settings instead.

17 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

Chrome has a nice feature called "Allow quieter notification prompts"; could it be implemented in MX6 too? Or can we get access to Chrome engine settings? Right now chrome://settings/content/notifications opens mx://settings instead.

Hi Mr. SS, thank you for your suggestion. We will add in this feature to the future version as soon as possible.

Also, something similar to Vivaldi's "Cookie Crumbler" would be very useful, something to set all those annoying GDPR permissions to a certain level and have no more pop-ups and pop-overs asking permission to plant tons of cookies on your device.

• Thanks 1