Mx6 questions and discussions

5 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

The status bar, together with the lack of Download Manager (to allow me to "open" files instead of "saving" them), are the main reasons I'm still using MX5 (and have never gone to Chrome even when MX5 became so obviously obsolete).

No offense, just out of curiosity:  what does make MX5 feel obsolete? 
I am as well still using MX5 until MX6 has a the Maxnote back to how it was in MX5;   however I don't see any lack in MX5? 

10 hours ago, Arcan said:

No offense, just out of curiosity:  what does make MX5 feel obsolete? 
I am as well still using MX5 until MX6 has a the Maxnote back to how it was in MX5;   however I don't see any lack in MX5? 

The quickest example: the video I posted of the previous page (of youtube stuttering on MX6) is not viewable on MX5, I only see a couple black rectangles instead. There are some other similar problems, mainly cause by the old Chromium base.

9 hours ago, projektilski said:

Opening picture link in a new tab zooms to 150%

For example, open it in a new tab it will be zoomed to 150%. If I reset zoom to 100% it remembers for all other tabs for the duration of the session. New start of Maxthon, again it defaults to 150%

https://i.redd.it/rh12xguhtvd61.png

It's OK here
at 100%

9 hours ago, projektilski said:

Opening picture link in a new tab zooms to 150%

For example, open it in a new tab it will be zoomed to 150%. If I reset zoom to 100% it remembers for all other tabs for the duration of the session. New start of Maxthon, again it defaults to 150%

https://i.redd.it/rh12xguhtvd61.png

Hi there, I tried to open this link in the version 6.1.1.800 but haven't reproduced this issue. Could you let me know the version number of your browser and the system information of your device?

2 hours ago, S1v said:

Then copying portable version to another computer settings and plugins are missing. How to do it correctly?

I think they might go in %APPDATA%\Local\Maxthon, that's the forced install location for MX6 that I got after using several versions as portable and then installing it.

Another bug: when saving all tabs as bookmarks and opening the whole folder at once (with open all) they open in reverse order, which is a nuisance, as I use this to remember all the tabs through a restart (for example for update) and then I have to rearrange them every time.

• Like 2

Just tried latest Mx6.1.1.1000 & still missing LOTS from Mx5 & still getting compatibility issues:

1. download file size not displayed before download has already started... need to know size to know where to store

2. quick launch thumbnails... still missing... could also offer to use website favicon image

3. download auto-rename... doesn't work at all unless folder has already been parsed. also, auto-renames if download name exists in parsed folder, even if about to browse to another where it doesn't exist. MUST parse folder BEFORE checking

4. minimize to system tray missing

5. not compatible with hotmail/outlook email...
after (seems random) few seconds, the page refreshes back to inbox, losing anything typed in a new message

6. Ctrl + left/right should, when focus is on a field, move between words, NOT tabs, unless focus is on page

7. download manager doesn't have resume or restart

8. help/about Maxthon link goes to already open about page - should be maxthon.com

9. no status bar showing IP, RAM, CPU, zoom

10. if website viewed at 100%, no indication how to zoom in/out (only shows if not 100%)

I've used the built-in send feedback MANY times over the last month, reporting MANY bugs & issues, but had ZERO replies, hence now posting here instead!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

1. download file size not displayed before download has already started... need to know size to know where to store

2. quick launch thumbnails... still missing... could also offer to use website favicon image

30 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

4. minimize to system tray missing

46 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

8. help/about Maxthon link goes to already open about page - should be maxthon.com

47 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

9. no status bar showing IP, RAM, CPU

Suggestions recorded. 

48 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

3. download auto-rename... doesn't work at all unless folder has already been parsed. also, auto-renames if download name exists in parsed folder, even if about to browse to another where it doesn't exist. MUST parse folder BEFORE checking

Could you provide me a video of this issue? 

5. not compatible with hotmail/outlook email...
after (seems random) few seconds, the page refreshes back to inbox, losing anything typed in a new message

This known bug is still being analyzed.

6. Ctrl + left/right should, when focus is on a field, move between words, NOT tabs, unless focus is on page

Could you provide me a video of this issue? I tried to test this issue in the version 6.1.1.1000 but haven't reproduced.

49 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

7. download manager doesn't have resume or restart

Dingtalk_20210201203315.jpg

52 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

zoom

53 minutes ago, MichaelC362 said:

10. if website viewed at 100%, no indication how to zoom in/out (only shows if not 100%)

Dingtalk_20210201203600.jpg

On 1/30/2021 at 11:57 PM, Mr. SS said:

Another bug: when saving all tabs as bookmarks and opening the whole folder at once (with open all) they open in reverse order, which is a nuisance, as I use this to remember all the tabs through a restart (for example for update) and then I have to rearrange them every time.

This known bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, proniceras said:

Hello, can Maxthon for Windows be updated automatically? It does not work for me, and this feature is included in the browser settings.

Suggestion reported. ?

Download manager not good As MX5 downloader ..

and popup not good at all, I can't do anything except to Full screen by pop-up..

And Auto refresh still problem not solved yet ..

I hope I can see mx6 like mx5 soon .. I don't feel comfortable with chrome system ..

I hope u put "Add to bookmarks button" again .. It's so hard to add bookmarks when i have A lot of folders ..

snap_screen_20210202125539.png.486459d7c4a269aa99a467b1e0dc94c4.png

translator so bad, I can't use it well .. I can't see the translate before i click translate ..

snap_screen_20210202124902.png.3441182e8dcc1d11c820b28962548da6.png

and popup mode .. in mx6

snap_screen_20210202125203.thumb.png.d852a8b16b8b52c58800085c1dc83870.png

but in mx5

snap_screen_20210202125945.png.2ac7c327a6da41d51ce575279d246dd3.png

and I hope u put this Again .. Downloader and popup

snap_screen_20210202125835.png.e417b1a11e0a5188449d3cc6f23d1566.png

downloader ..

snap_screen_20210202125115.png

Edited by DONG DONG

1. After downloading a file, if that file is renamed or deleted outside of Maxthon, then the 'open folder' link in download manager doesn't work. As the folder itself still exists, it should still open

2. After downloading a file, if that file is renamed or deleted outside of Maxthon, then there is no option to restart the download.  Can click the URL link, but then have to browse to/select destination folder again

3. If a download is paused, clicking 'Clear all' removes the paused download as well as the completed ones from the list

4. If website viewed at 100%, no indication ON SCREEN how to zoom in/out - only shows if not 100% & even then only shows a magnifying glass icon, doesn't show the zoom +/-%. can't just be on the menu - not user friendly

5. Download manager doesn't have resume (e.g. after internet disruption) or restart- the screenshot they showed me doesn't exist in current stable or last beta

6. While running a beta version, auto-update NEEDS to actually work for ALL new versions, not just those you think are important.  This is also true when running stable, but with the added option of updating to beta too. If there's a new version available, then that means you've fixed, improved or added something so in some way, it's better than the previous version... obviously, people are going to want the better version, especially while Mx6 still has many unresolved issues

7. nsandi.com - auto-fill doesn't remember the NS&I number, only the Surname + Password

8. While reporting bugs in 'Submit Feedback', would be good to be able to access previous posts & replies

9. No quick or easy access to User Agent, like in Mx5

10. Still getting black on dark background picture on quick launch page, so text unreadable as almost invisible

22 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

1. After downloading a file, if that file is renamed or deleted outside of Maxthon, then the 'open folder' link in download manager doesn't work. As the folder itself still exists, it should still open

2. After downloading a file, if that file is renamed or deleted outside of Maxthon, then there is no option to restart the download.  Can click the URL link, but then have to browse to/select destination folder again

Issue reported.

3. If a download is paused, clicking 'Clear all' removes the paused download as well as the completed ones from the list

"Clear all" won't remove the paused tasks. Could you provide me a video of this issue?

23 hours ago, MichaelC362 said:

4. If website viewed at 100%, no indication ON SCREEN how to zoom in/out - only shows if not 100% & even then only shows a magnifying glass icon, doesn't show the zoom +/-%. can't just be on the menu - not user friendly

Maxthon Snap20210203184327.png

5. Download manager doesn't have resume (e.g. after internet disruption) or restart- the screenshot they showed me doesn't exist in current stable or last beta

This issue will be solved in the next version.

6. While running a beta version, auto-update NEEDS to actually work for ALL new versions, not just those you think are important.  This is also true when running stable, but with the added option of updating to beta too. If there's a new version available, then that means you've fixed, improved or added something so in some way, it's better than the previous version... obviously, people are going to want the better version, especially while Mx6 still has many unresolved issues

7. nsandi.com - auto-fill doesn't remember the NS&I number, only the Surname + Password

9. No quick or easy access to User Agent, like in Mx5

Suggestions recorded.

10. Still getting black on dark background picture on quick launch page, so text unreadable as almost invisible

Could you provide me a screenshot of this issue?

When I say there's no indicator for zoom % with +/- on screen, I mean ON SCREEN, not just on the menu. Mx5 had a status bar which showed current zoom & had visible controls.

The Ctrl + left/right, ONLY goes between tabs & not words when focus is on a field... this is VERY annoying!

A screenshot of a dark background isn't going to help as the darkness will vary between monitors... on mine, I use the sun rise/set picture & the text at the top right isn't visible... If it was inverted to white, it would be readable. This needs to be dynamic, based on the picture darkness in that area (perhaps just XOR).

On 2/1/2021 at 11:42 AM, MichaelC362 said:

On 2/1/2021 at 12:37 PM, BugSir006 said:

Could you provide me a video of this issue?

BugSir, this is the same issue I previously highlighted, re setting Ctrl + Arrow to switch between tabs. I believe I sent some videos of the problem in another thread.

Dragging a file from a File Explorer window that is on top of MX6 onto MX6 will put MX6 on top of the File Explorer window, while in MX5 the File Explorer window would remain on top - can we have the same in MX6? Or an option to choose the behavior in such a case.

I want to know something, why can't I use Ctrl + Left-Arrow / Right-Arrow to switch between left or right tabs?

If you click ctrl + left or ctrl + right, it always moves to the right.

And why can't I use this button to go back ..

This didn't happen to me in MX5 at all.

image.png.68449c2fbf45d315ff75ad05423c7dfd.png

On 2/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, MichaelC362 said:

The Ctrl + left/right, ONLY goes between tabs & not words when focus is on a field... this is VERY annoying!

@AaronXHi there, I tried to test this issue many times but haven't reproduced it. Attached a video for your reference.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, MichaelC362 said:

A screenshot of a dark background isn't going to help as the darkness will vary between monitors... on mine, I use the sun rise/set picture & the text at the top right isn't visible... If it was inverted to white, it would be readable. This needs to be dynamic, based on the picture darkness in that area (perhaps just XOR).

It would be appreciated if you can provide me a video of it.

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

You can also use the smartphone to record it.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:21 PM, Mr. SS said:

Dragging a file from a File Explorer window that is on top of MX6 onto MX6 will put MX6 on top of the File Explorer window, while in MX5 the File Explorer window would remain on top - can we have the same in MX6? Or an option to choose the behavior in such a case.

Issue reported.

19 hours ago, DONG DONG said:

I want to know something, why can't I use Ctrl + Left-Arrow / Right-Arrow to switch between left or right tabs?

If you click ctrl + left or ctrl + right, it always moves to the right.

Hi there, check the settings correct or wrong

Maxthon Snap20210207140344.png

20 hours ago, DONG DONG said:

And why can't I use this button to go back ..

This didn't happen to me in MX5 at all.

Issue reported.

• Like 1