Mx6 questions and discussions

in MX5 it was the following:
i open some number of tabs (let's name them #1, #2, #3 for example).
stop the browser - in any way: alt-f4, windows rebooting due to its updates, reset button...
after starting the browser, if the "Open on startup" setting was set to "Last session", the mx://last-visit/ page was opened with links to tabs #1, #2, #3 from my last session.
i click the #2 link to re-open that tab. then i open some new tabs (#4, #5). and finally i close tabs #2 and #4.
now i restart the browser again - and in mx://last-visit/ i have links not from the LAST SESSION only (according to the setting's name), but to all the pages i have not closed directly by myself (#1, #3, #5).

in MX6 it is changed. in mx://last-visit/ there are only links from tabs that have been opened at the monent of last session closing. links that will not be re-opened to tabs in current session from mx://last-visit/, in next session will be lost.
is it possible to get that "incorrect MX5 behavior" back in MX6? may be i've missed some settings?

3 hours ago, trump98 said:

in MX5 it was the following:
i open some number of tabs (let's name them #1, #2, #3 for example).
stop the browser - in any way: alt-f4, windows rebooting due to its updates, reset button...
after starting the browser, if the "Open on startup" setting was set to "Last session", the mx://last-visit/ page was opened with links to tabs #1, #2, #3 from my last session.
i click the #2 link to re-open that tab. then i open some new tabs (#4, #5). and finally i close tabs #2 and #4.
now i restart the browser again - and in mx://last-visit/ i have links not from the LAST SESSION only (according to the setting's name), but to all the pages i have not closed directly by myself (#1, #3, #5).

in MX6 it is changed. in mx://last-visit/ there are only links from tabs that have been opened at the monent of last session closing. links that will not be re-opened to tabs in current session from mx://last-visit/, in next session will be lost.
is it possible to get that "incorrect MX5 behavior" back in MX6? may be i've missed some settings?

+1 to this. Maxthon is now behaving like Chrome, but actually I always liked how MX5 was handling the last-visits better than Chrome. 

I have problems with youtube playback on MX6: on a gigabit internet connection Auto video quality goes down to 720p or 480p. Same videos, same computer, same account and setting, but on MX5 work fine on 1080p or higher if available.

Using MX 6.1.1.700(64-bit) at the moment, but notices the problem since a lower version (6.0.2 I think).

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Mr. SS said:

I have problems with youtube playback on MX6: on a gigabit internet connection Auto video quality goes down to 720p or 480p. Same videos, same computer, same account and setting, but on MX5 work fine on 1080p or higher if available.

Using MX 6.1.1.700(64-bit) at the moment, but notices the problem since a lower version (6.0.2 I think).

Any ideas?

HMMM am playing a 4K video @2160 on 34" monitor without a problem on my 1Gig internet with multiple windows open.

Edited by No.1MaxthonFan

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

23 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Can't change Google search engine from Hong Kong version (You could change this before)

why cannot you? 
The UI is not very intuitive there and at first I also thought I couldn't change it  but at the end I managed. 

On 1/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

HMMM am playing a 4K video @2160 on 34" monitor without a problem on my 1Gig internet with multiple windows open.

Any idea what could be preventing me from getting the same result?

At first glance the main difference between MX6 and MX5 youtube playback is that in MX6 the codec used is VP9 (vp09), while in MX5 it's AVC (avc1). I know that VP9 should be better, and it allows resolutions over 1080p on youtube, but for some reason it does not work properly in MX6 (but works fine in Chrome).

Another thing I noticed while looking at stats is that it doesn't seem to be a bandwidth problem, but a playback one (maybe hardware acceleration?). My system is Threadripper 1950x / RTX2070 with the latest drivers.

These are the stats of the same video (paused) in Chrome (no dropped frames) and MX6 (over 1/3 frames dropped):

image.png.ee40a012e2b8be97599a603278fad72e.pngimage.png.5083bd49d7931a0d1a0951cad5781c66.png

Edited by Mr. SS

On 1/17/2021 at 1:26 AM, Mr. SS said:

Any ideas?

Hi there, could you provide a video of this issue? Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

On 1/17/2021 at 3:29 AM, Magdalene said:

Can't add Mx://flags or mx://components etc to favourites (this was working before).

Issue reported. 

On 1/17/2021 at 3:29 AM, Magdalene said:

Can't use Hardware acceleration.

I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide a video of this issue?

GPU.jpg

16 hours ago, Magdalene said:

I managed to add Google (international) but can't modify or delete the hong Kong version

Yeah, the search engines functionality has gone massively wrong. Deleted ones keep reappearing; some don't delete at all; duplicates; it won't retain the default; etc.

In the end I've managed a forced workaround by changing the values of the default engine record (google.com.hk) rather than setting a new record to default, and by just pressing delete on everything in random orders, and by editing values to remove duplicates, until they've almost all gone. One remains that I can't delete.

Edited by AaronX

@ BugSir006

Can't use Hardware acceleration.

I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. Could you provide a video of this issue?

Can't provide a video. It seems to work OK in x64 Portable but the x64 .exe version takes over an hour to open (Black screen etc). With Hardware Acceleration off it works fine. I have the same problem with Chrome (87).

Hello, I have been using the speed dial tab for a long time, I find it very practical, and synchronization on all my pc is essential for me. The speed dial of mx6 is erratic, it is difficult or impossible to move and classify thumbnails without generating a mixture, the thumbnails come out of subfolders and go anywhere, I even lost a complete folder. Is this bug known and will it be fixed?

4 hours ago, zork said:

Internal Google translator is gone forever? RIP? Jeff, WTF is going on? You are destroying Chrome functionality. What for?

Well, I guess that they had to choose 
Internal features vs External Features. 

I was very happy with MX5 and all its features , and I didn't need anything else. But I saw the community asking a number of times for support of Chrome extensions. 

So that's where Maxthon put the focus on. Now if you support an extension for translation it doesn't make sense to also develop an internal one. 
I agree with you , I liked more the internal translation tool MX5 had, but the Google Translator plugin is not that bad... and I understand they don't take the effort to do it again. 

image.thumb.png.0c370790b649266d1bf8d2c8fe859e6b.png

20 hours ago, lejolipoulpe said:

Hello, I have been using the speed dial tab for a long time, I find it very practical, and synchronization on all my pc is essential for me. The speed dial of mx6 is erratic, it is difficult or impossible to move and classify thumbnails without generating a mixture, the thumbnails come out of subfolders and go anywhere, I even lost a complete folder. Is this bug known and will it be fixed?

Hi there, could you send a video of this issue to me?

Download link of the recording tool: https://www.bandicam.com/

On 1/18/2021 at 3:36 PM, AaronX said:

Yeah, the search engines functionality has gone massively wrong. Deleted ones keep reappearing; some don't delete at all; duplicates; it won't retain the default; etc.

In the end I've managed a forced workaround by changing the values of the default engine record (google.com.hk) rather than setting a new record to default, and by just pressing delete on everything in random orders, and by editing values to remove duplicates, until they've almost all gone. One remains that I can't delete.

I've just noticed I'm getting search results (still/again) from the address bar in google.com.hk despite not having .com.hk set up as a search engine at all. It must be baked into the browser at a deeper level.

Please do fix this as soon as possible.

16 hours ago, Magdalene said:

Where is the sidebar extension mentioned in the Release Notes for 6.1.1.800 Beta. In mx://flags you can enable a sidebar and a status bar but nothing appears in the browser.

I don't see any way to enable status bar in flags, where exactly should it be?

The status bar, together with the lack of Download Manager (to allow me to "open" files instead of "saving" them), are the main reasons I'm still using MX5 (and have never gone to Chrome even when MX5 became so obviously obsolete).