Mx6 questions and discussions

20 hours ago, projektilski said:

Bookmarks folders show differently if from menu or from bookmark bar. If too many bookmarks in folder, on bookmark bar they are shown in columns, the same folder opened from bookmark menu (icon) are scrollable. They should show in columns also.

Suggestion recorded. 

14 hours ago, darknessblade said:

There is a small bug with the installer: You are not able to change the Install location. "It defaults to the local folder"

But if you want to install it for all users this is not possible.

even making a dummy folder on the C:\  drive does not work

Hi there, if you'd like to change the location, you can uninstall the browser then reinstall it, it only can be customized in the new installation.

You can also use the portable version, the portable version needn't be installed. It can be saved to different folders.

On 12/16/2020 at 4:50 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, if you'd like to change the location, you can uninstall the browser then reinstall it, it only can be customized in the new installation.

You can also use the portable version, the portable version needn't be installed. It can be saved to different folders.

Just checked again and it looks like it now works, though i am still unable to install it to the C:\Program Files folder

-----------------------

I also found a  bug with importing old Maxthon 5 user data.

I am unable to import my entire History data of about 1.5 years. it only imports the last 1-5 days.

{I think this is caused because you cannot select any other account other than the guest account}

even if i where to move the history file i still cannot import it in its Full Capacity.

-------------------

Edited by darknessblade

On 12/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, BugSir006 said:

Yes, you can drag the link directly.

Yes, but open link directly in front, not in background. Also, when i drag a text it's open search engine directly, not in background like MX5. This is inconvenient and loses the meaning of functionality. Now when I use it, I need to go back to the tab I'm looking at every time.

And another question:

How can i change background image in home page with my own picture?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by martinstz

On 12/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, darknessblade said:

Just checked again and it looks like it now works, though i am still unable to install it to the C:\Program Files folder

-----------------------

I also found a  bug with importing old Maxthon 5 user data.

I am unable to import my entire History data of about 1.5 years. it only imports the last 1-5 days.

{I think this is caused because you cannot select any other account other than the guest account}

even if i where to move the history file i still cannot import it in its Full Capacity.

-------------------

Suggestion recorded. ?

On 12/11/2020 at 4:26 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, you can click the middle mouse button or drag the link to open in the background directly.

11 hours ago, martinstz said:

Yes, but open link directly in front, not in background. Also, when i drag a text it's open search engine directly, not in background like MX5. This is inconvenient and loses the meaning of functionality. Now when I use it, I need to go back to the tab I'm looking at every time.

Hi @martinstzI tried testing this issue, dragging the link or the selected text, they can be opened in the background. Check the video, please. ?

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi @martinstzI tried testing this issue, dragging the link or the selected text, they can be opened in the background. Check the video, please. ?

Where is this setting? On me always opening in front.

10 hours ago, Magdalene said:

I like MX quick access page. Only i want to change background image.

11 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Suggestion recorded. ?

I really hope its still possible to keep the History for over 1 year. I always loved that feature. Mainly because other browsers delete the history data after a month or so. Only keeping the first 3 weeks.

As for my request on the Tab-bar i have not found any apps yet that give the same feature.

I did find a app that Limits the amount of Tabs, and any new tab that opens will be in a new window till that one fills up.

{on a 27 inch monitor i can get around 50 Tabs, till it begins to look Terrible} {So for starting Maybe add a option to Limit the amount of Tabs,

then expand on it if its possible to Recreate the Maxthon 3/ maxthon 4/Maxthon 5 drop down Menu style Tab Manager} Since its a Feature i have grown accustomed to ever since i started using Maxthon.

20 hours ago, martinstz said:

Where is this setting? On me always opening in front.

17 hours ago, Mhzayer said:

I can confirm this too. They always open in foreground tab.

I tried to test again and reproduced it. It's really weird?

This issue has been reported to the dev team as a bug.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, JoeRee1968 said:

It's strange. Why is this done? It was much more convenient when Maxnote and bookmarks were one system. Essentially, both are bookmarks.
What is the essence of separation?

+1 to that, I would actually let only the Maxnote, since it is bookmarks+notes in one place. And the manager is actually more powerful and beautiful. See more here: 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, DARKSTORM said:
  • Status Bar (Especially System Info for Up & Down Speeds)

+1

Edited by Arcan
  • Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, darknessblade said:

There is a small bug with the installer: You are not able to change the Install location. "It defaults to the local folder"

But if you want to install it for all users this is not possible.

even making a dummy folder on the C:\  drive does not work

How do I get maxthon in all the users of my PC? In one of my windows sessions it closes itself, without doing anything the browser closes.

I want to add a comment which may apply to the opening tabs in background / foreground issues.

Although I have left MX6 due to too many bugs and have reverted to MX5, there was a similar issue with TABs opening in the background. In my case, when I clicked on a link which was designed to open in a new tab, that tab opened in the background (Maxthon didn't switch to it immediately, I had to click on it). I wanted it to be switched to / focused / displayed immediately when I clicked on the link, even if it opened in a new tab.

I distinctly remember that this worked correctly before, but after I upgraded to MX6 and then downgraded to MX5, it didn't work anymore.

There used to be an option called "Open a new tab in the foreground" in "Settings -> General -> New tab action" which I must have activated in the past. However, in their infinite wisdom, developers removed this option in later versions of Maxthon 5 (and probably Maxthon 6). So I could not activate it again in Maxthon 5.3.8.2000 or 5.3.8.2100-beta.

Luckily I had an archive of old Maxthon versions and I installed 5.1.7.2000 and that one still had this option. I activated it and then installed 5.3.8.2100-beta again. And now newly opened tabs are focused again!

So it seems that settings like these are saved somewhere in the registry and if the option is removed in future versions, the setting can't be changed anymore, although Maxthon still reads and uses it.

Maxthon 6 may well be inheriting some of the MX5 settings and since you can see how much less of them there are in MX6, you can imagine a lot of things are unchangeable now. You may want to give it a try yourselves if you have similar problems.

Edited by Perplexer

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AaronX said:

Is there any estimate on when the Resource Sniffer functionality will return, or a recommended browser extension if it's not going to? The ability to easily download embedded video files in particular is very useful and keeps me returning to M5.

Look in the Extensions

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On 12/22/2020 at 12:27 AM, BugSir006 said:

I tried to test again and reproduced it. It's really weird?

This issue has been reported to the dev team as a bug.

Just to add to the records mx 6.1.1.5  and i still have the tabs opening immediately no matter what method i use ...they always switch to the new tab and not in the background 

On 1/6/2021 at 11:22 PM, chooch4611735 said:

Just to add to the records mx 6.1.1.5  and i still have the tabs opening immediately no matter what method i use ...they always switch to the new tab and not in the background 

It will be fixed in the next version. ?