Mx6 questions and discussions

Hi, I've been using Mx6 v6.1.0.1703 for a couple of weeks now, on my Win 10 Pro laptop. I noticed that the Notifications bar in Win 10 was showing me notifications whose source I didn't know: one such is "easytuto.net." Finally I found that these notifications appeared to be coming from Maxthon, but in Mx6 Settings I couldn't find a way to turn them off (or on.)

The notifications had a gear icon indicating "settings" but clicking on it just made the notification go away, it didn't give me any actual settings or open anything. Also, clicking on the notifications "details" box also just made that notification go away, it didn't show me any details.

Finally I clicked on "turn off notifications from Maxthon" and that did work, I no longer get these strange notifications (which gave me "deals" on Avast antivirus, advised me that my Adobe Flash needed updating [that was really strange, since I uninstalled Flash last month,] advised me that I needed a system scan (scanned by what?) and other oddities.)

Now that I've apparently clicked the magic button to make those notifications stop, I thought I'd turn it on again to take  some screenshots; but I can't find any Mx6 setting anywhere to turn them on again (or off again.)

I have done a whole system scan using Bitdefender Total Security, which found nothing.

Has anyone else had unexplained notifications like this, or know what's generating them?

23 hours ago, Esky1700781 said:

Hi, I've been using Mx6 v6.1.0.1703 for a couple of weeks now, on my Win 10 Pro laptop. I noticed that the Notifications bar in Win 10 was showing me notifications whose source I didn't know: one such is "easytuto.net." Finally I found that these notifications appeared to be coming from Maxthon, but in Mx6 Settings I couldn't find a way to turn them off (or on.)

The notifications had a gear icon indicating "settings" but clicking on it just made the notification go away, it didn't give me any actual settings or open anything. Also, clicking on the notifications "details" box also just made that notification go away, it didn't show me any details.

Finally I clicked on "turn off notifications from Maxthon" and that did work, I no longer get these strange notifications (which gave me "deals" on Avast antivirus, advised me that my Adobe Flash needed updating [that was really strange, since I uninstalled Flash last month,] advised me that I needed a system scan (scanned by what?) and other oddities.)

Now that I've apparently clicked the magic button to make those notifications stop, I thought I'd turn it on again to take  some screenshots; but I can't find any Mx6 setting anywhere to turn them on again (or off again.)

I have done a whole system scan using Bitdefender Total Security, which found nothing.

Has anyone else had unexplained notifications like this, or know what's generating them?

You can click windows logo and "a" to show notification and you can see them there choose settings for the ones you don't need and set to not show again

On 11/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, Mhzayer said:

You can click windows logo and "a" to show notification and you can see them there choose settings for the ones you don't need and set to not show again

Thanks, that seems to be what I've done (without knowing it, since I shut off the notifications in the notifications panel instead of Win10 Settings.)

However that shuts off all notifications from Mx6, not just some of them, and doesn't explain why I was getting them in the first place. 

What I'd like to be able to do is continue getting notifications from Maxthon, but only the ones that are relevant. I don't want any "offers," or updates on software I don't have installed, or warnings that I need a "scan" by  some unmentioned software for an unknown purpose. 

It seems to me that there should be a setting in Maxthon to turn on or off this sort of thing, while allowing important notifications (such as the release of a new version- which I didn't know was available until I returned to this discussion group) to appear. 

Thanks for your speedy reply, and I hope that in the future we'll see this feature in Mx6 Settings.

Still something has to be done with that. At least settings option to manage these notifications like in mx5. The best case is some fake option to pretend like if you turned it on but actually not. Just for sites abusing this like - "turn on notifications in order to go on / download etc".

On 11/20/2020 at 1:34 PM, BugSir006 said:

Sorry, we checked this account data. It only can be restored to 18th Nov, and we haven't found this folder "_Read Later."

Regarding the function of bookmarks restore, this request has been forwarded to the product team. 

It's Okay then.

A "Recycle Bin" iof Bookmark is definately needed.

I'm going to use Mx6 on my main device. However, due to comparability, I keep using Mx5 on other devices. Can the cloud data (PW, note, favorite,etc.) be synced between the two versions? For example, whatever I save on Mx5 on one device will be synced to my main device on Mx6 and vice versa or I can only sync the data to the same version, let say Mx5 syncs to Mx5 - Mx6 syncs to Mx6

On 11/20/2020 at 11:40 PM, Esky1700781 said:

in Mx6 Settings I couldn't find a way to turn them off (or on.)

We will support the function of notifications management in the future version. ?

2 hours ago, Alex K.S.Lim said:

It's Okay then.

A "Recycle Bin" iof Bookmark is definately needed.

Suggestion recorded. ?

35 minutes ago, Applader said:

I'm going to use Mx6 on my main device. However, due to comparability, I keep using Mx5 on other devices. Can the cloud data (PW, note, favorite,etc.) be synced between the two versions? For example, whatever I save on Mx5 on one device will be synced to my main device on Mx6 and vice versa or I can only sync the data to the same version, let say Mx5 syncs to Mx5 - Mx6 syncs to Mx6

Hi there, Maxnote data of Maxthon 5 can be synced to Maxthon 6 automatically, but the auto-saved passwords cannot be synced.

1 hour ago, Applader said:

I synced my stuff from 5 to 6 including passkeeper without issues

54 minutes ago, Applader said:

But can it go the other way around?

Account data can be imported to Maxthon 6 from Maxthon 5 automatically at the first login. After that, you can import the data manually by opening the browser menu (Alt+F) > Settings > Import Maxthon 5 account data from server.

Import Maxthon 5 account data.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, log in to uu.me then open Passkeeper, click Exceptions, delete that website, please.

exceptions.jpg

Thanks! It happened, but I don't think it's the best option. In my opinion, this button should also be present in the browser Passkeeper menu.

On 12/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, Raniw said:

When (classic, left) in Maxthon 6 will the side panel "Favorites" (bookmarks) appear?
I stay at Maxthon 5, there is a side panel.
Will the obsolete 69 engine Maxthon 5 be upgraded to a modern one?

How about this side bar extension? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bookmark-sidebar/jdbnofccmhefkmjbkkdkfiicjkgofkdh/related?hl=en-US

On 12/5/2020 at 4:34 AM, martinstz said:

Thanks! It happened, but I don't think it's the best option. In my opinion, this button should also be present in the browser Passkeeper menu.

Suggestion reported. ?

On 12/5/2020 at 2:04 AM, sector2000 said:

This button is not available now

111.jpg

222.jpg

Suggestion recorded. ?

• Like 2

I've been using Maxthon since MyIE, and I've always liked the fact that it was DIFFERENT - mostly that it wasn't IE or FF or Chrome. Today I look at version 6 and see that it is more and more like Chrome and I don't mean the engine but the interface - that awful, disgusting, simple, ugly chrome interface! Why? Where is all the good from MX4 and MX5 how this browser differed from others? Do the downloaded files really have to be written to the disk and appear as tiles at the bottom just like in Chrome? The download manager in MX5 had no flaws! It had an OPEN button that made running programs straight after downloading it. Now I have problems to explain to people over the phone (IT support) where to look for the downloaded files. For what? This is the wrong way. Let's not spoil good solutions! The already favorite tiles on the start page have been broken between MX4 and MX5 (Why do the tiles change position after removing one?) let's not break any more.
Please - don't forget that for a developer, MX6 is engine and code, but for a user - like us - it's mostly an INTERFACE. We need good, smart solutions OTHER than in Chrome, because if they are the same, why do we need MX?
I hope, I will have reasons to stay with MX. After so many years is like family for me.

• Like 3

What I really don't lke about MX6 is size of tabs. Look at this and compare MX5, Vivaldi, MX6 and FireFox (Opera GX have same tab size as MX5). Maxthon 6 have biggest tab of all. also bookmarks are way bigger then in MX5, because it doesn't cut text from them how it does MX5. At this moment, without functions that MX5 have by default: Snap, Video Pop-up and download, External Tools (love it, very useful) and External Download Manager MX looks and feels like another Chromium clone. 
Also I don't like how in MX6 "Recently visited sites" was made. Its easier for me to click on little arrow then do RMB click.
At least Passkeeper on PC works now...
MaxthonSnap20201208083218.png.f4d325e0910df4090e3dd54ce9921ae1.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, roguelike said:

What I really don't lke about MX6 is size of tabs. Look at this and compare MX5, Vivaldi, MX6 and FireFox (Opera GX have same tab size as MX5). Maxthon 6 have biggest tab of all. also bookmarks are way bigger then in MX5, because it doesn't cut text from them how it does MX5. At this moment, without functions that MX5 have by default: Snap, Video Pop-up and download, External Tools (love it, very useful) and External Download Manager MX looks and feels like another Chromium clone. 
Also I don't like how in MX6 "Recently visited sites" was made. Its easier for me to click on little arrow then do RMB click.
At least Passkeeper on PC works now...
MaxthonSnap20201208083218.png.f4d325e0910df4090e3dd54ce9921ae1.png

Suggestion recorded.