Mx6 questions and discussions

On 10/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, PeterBlock said:

Shame. 5 is a great browser for XP. Thank you.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, the Maxthon 6 browser is not available for the Windows XP systems, it can be installed in the Windows 7/10. 

I assume that all support for 5 will also cease?

Объясните мне -как происходит синхронизация закладок в Maxthon 6? Почему на одном компьютере я сохраняю закладки, а на другом они не появляются? В Maxthon 5 все было нормально. Сейчас установлена MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.0.1400_x86

On 10/20/2020 at 4:21 AM, BugSir006 said:

Could you provide a screenshot or short video of this issue?

Hi. We have been sending screenshots and videos of this issue here and on the Telegram group, nothing new to send right now, it's still exactly the same : some favorites subfolders appear empty, or with vertical separator lines when there are several columns of favorites inside. To have them displayed, we have to try several times. And if they display once, the time after they can not be displayed again.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, ar4000 said:

Объясните мне -как происходит синхронизация закладок в Maxthon 6? Почему на одном компьютере я сохраняю закладки, а на другом они не появляются? В Maxthon 5 все было нормально. Сейчас установлена MX6 PC Beta Release 6.1.0.1400_x86

In English, please. This issue has been fixed. Try to sync again, please. ?

22 hours ago, Gazel said:

Hi. We have been sending screenshots and videos of this issue here and on the Telegram group, nothing new to send right now, it's still exactly the same : some favorites subfolders appear empty, or with vertical separator lines when there are several columns of favorites inside. To have them displayed, we have to try several times. And if they display once, the time after they can not be displayed again.

In v6.1.0.1400? 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:28 PM, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

With one crucial difference: there's no auto-clean on exit.

I can find extensions that do this automatically when opening the browser, but that's not what I want.

Is there any follow-up on this?
Is there a plan to make the clean-up automatic when closing the browser?

Honestly, this is one of the main issues that prevent me from fully transitioning from MX5 to MX6...

Edited by TheWhitestOfFangs
added line

11 hours ago, TheWhitestOfFangs said:

Is there any follow-up on this?
Is there a plan to make the clean-up automatic when closing the browser?

Honestly, this is one of the main issues that prevent me from fully transitioning from MX5 to MX6...

2 hours ago, martinstz said:

Hi! Where in MX6 i can manage notification settings (allow/block sites notifications)?

I accidentally allowed a site and now I can't find how to block it.

Suggestions have been submitted to the product team. We will continue optimizing the Maxthon 6 according to users' suggestions. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

How to switch modes and how to get a shortcut to it?

Hi there, you can click that button to switch it. Attached a short video for your reference.

14 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

And another question: are 'bookmarks' and 'Maxnote' now different options?

In Maxthon 6, Bookmarks and Maxnote are separate. You can add notes to Maxnote, add bookmark to Bookmarks. To manage bookmarks, you can go to "Bookmarks manager" mx://bookmarks/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

In Maxthon 6, Bookmarks and Maxnote are separate. You can add notes to Maxnote, add bookmark to Bookmarks. To manage bookmarks, you can go to "Bookmarks manager" mx://bookmarks/

It's strange. Why is this done? It was much more convenient when Maxnote and bookmarks were one system. Essentially, both are bookmarks.
What is the essence of separation?

P.S. I activated the engine switch button. Thanks!

Edited by JoeRee1968

10 hours ago, JoeRee1968 said:

Did I understand correctly that Bookmarks and Maxnote are different things now?
I know how Maxnote syncs, but how to sync Bookmarks?
In particular with MX5...

Bookmarks of Maxthon 6 cannot sync with Maxthon 5.

Maxnote of Maxthon 5 can sync with Maxthon 6.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Bookmarks of Maxthon 6 cannot sync with Maxthon 5.

Maxnote of Maxthon 5 can sync with Maxthon 6.

How then to sync Bookmarks from one computer to another?

I don’t know about other users, but in that case I don’t need Maxnote at all, because I always used Bookmarks on the panel...

21 minutes ago, JoeRee1968 said:

How then to sync Bookmarks from one computer to another?

I don’t know about other users, but in that case I don’t need Maxnote at all, because I always used Bookmarks on the panel...

Hi there, do you have the browser account? Install the Maxthon 6 browser on the computers then log in to your browser account, the data will be synced automatically.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:19 PM, Alex K.S.Lim said:

How do I recover a deleted folder in my bookmark in Maxthon 6?

Please help. Any one?

Hi there, could you let me know the uid of your browser account? I will contact the engineers to try to help you restore the bookmarks data.

To check the uid, you can log in to my.maxthon.com

Resolution on Mx6 -  Streaming from nrk.no/TV - I use this daily to watch news, films etc. 

But i have to use Google Chrome to get best quality because resolution in Mx6 is bad. With the earlier version of Mx6 its was very bad, but now on last version 6.1.0.1600 its not good. Sometimes it start with good resolution like in Chrome, but after some minuts it gets worse or even stops at some times.

48 minutes ago, Roger Haugen said:

Resolution on Mx6 -  Streaming from nrk.no/TV - I use this daily to watch news, films etc. 

But i have to use Google Chrome to get best quality because resolution in Mx6 is bad. With the earlier version of Mx6 its was very bad, but now on last version 6.1.0.1600 its not good. Sometimes it start with good resolution like in Chrome, but after some minuts it gets worse or even stops at some times.

Hi there, I tried to test this issue but haven't reproduced. It seems that this issue caused by the internet speed.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:15 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi there, do you have the browser account? Install the Maxthon 6 browser on the computers then log in to your browser account, the data will be synced automatically.

Hi there, could you let me know the uid of your browser account? I will contact the engineers to try to help you restore the bookmarks data.

To check the uid, you can log in to my.maxthon.com

UID: 13547

Please help to restore deleted folder named "_Read Later" if possible.

I hope this will not affect other folder. Thanks

On 11/17/2020 at 5:08 PM, Alex K.S.Lim said:

UID: 13547

Please help to restore deleted folder named "_Read Later" if possible.

I hope this will not affect other folder. Thanks

Sorry, we checked this account data. It only can be restored to 18th Nov, and we haven't found this folder "_Read Later."

Regarding the function of bookmarks restore, this request has been forwarded to the product team.