Mx6 questions and discussions

14 minutes ago, zsolt1 said:

I attach the current top right corner of Maxthon and I attach a picture with the normal window buttons, just the top right corner.

Hi there, this is mine. Could you let me know your system information, color theme, and the browser theme?

Maxthon Snap20200824202726.png

In the last version missing "change engine" button. Now i cannot switch to Retro mode. Some sites not working properly in Ultra mode. Please, return this feature!

Also in download manager add function to delete and local files.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by martinstz

12 minutes ago, martinstz said:

In last version missing "change engine" button. Now i cannot switch to Retro mode. Some sites not working properly in Ultra mode. Please, return this feature!

It will be added to the future version.

13 minutes ago, martinstz said:

Also in download manager add function for delete and local files.

Request recorded. ?

• Like 1

Recently started testing and using Maxthon 6 again,  {without login}

There is still 1 thing I ABSOLUTELY Hate is the Tab management

{Since previous versions of MX 6 had issue's causing it to crash when opening tons of tabs, i could not test this fully}

The older version had a nice an initiative feel where you could still see what tabs you had, and a drop-down menu when you filled up your tab bar 

The newer version has the same feel as Crome giving a Cluttered mess of a Tab bar if you have lots of tabs open at the same time.

{on a 24" FHD screen the limit is around 20-30 Tabs, before its getting to cluttered/ unusable, because you can no longer read what the tab says}

I have  2 Idea's to fix this.

option 1: revive the older Tab bar system from MX 5 {This had the best feel and usefulness, since you can still read the tabs, and have a drop-down menu with all excess tabs}

{This can be done trough a "official" add-on, or build into as a core mechanic}

Option 2: "Lockable" Group tabs which can each hold up to ?? Tabs total. For a total of ?? Group tabs for a total of ?? Tabs. {User defined group tab limit, so each user can adjust it depending on their screen size, since a 27 Inch screen can hold more tabs than a 24 inch screen}

{With a setting to Auto generate a new group map, when the Bar hits the user defined limit- amount of existing groups} {can be turned on or off}

{each Group tab will get a Drop down menu for Its Grouped tabs}

{It is a bit similar to the Favorites bar Map} only then in the browser Tab

Screenshot: of both versions to compare the current Tab management. {Please note all tabs {without logo} in both windows are "New tabs"}

1791205220_mxversiondifferense.thumb.png.38f87cd091d79691afc475e1d19a11a7.png

Edited by darknessblade
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kilmatar said:

Don't find answer by searching forum... Is it possible to use some MX5 extensions in MX6?

I really missed some of them! Especially "Enable Right Click" and "Reload Failed images"

I don't think so. MX6 is more chromium style, if there any extension on chrome exstesion store you can try find them.

4 hours ago, Kilmatar said:

Don't find answer by searching forum... Is it possible to use some MX5 extensions in MX6?

I really missed some of them! Especially "Enable Right Click" and "Reload Failed images"

This is enable right click extension
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enable-right-click/bofdamlbkfkjnecfjbhpncokfalmmbii

here is reload failed images extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/images-reloader/cfnnfecmcnfcjohnkmaojedpmnjpeoik

Edited by Mhzayer
add info
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, martinstz said:

Sometime there are a problem with Favorite's visualization. Sometimes they are missing, sometimes they are ok. You can see this in the video, that i attach. This problem staing from the begining of MX6. Please, fix it! Thank you in advance!

Problem_Favorites.wmv

Hi there, this known issue is still being analyzed. 

• Like 1

In Mx 6.1.0.801 release notes it says you can set the local images as the browser skins.  How do you do this?  

In Mx 5

MaxthonSnap20200915173752.png

In Mx 6

Also bug with Snap screen/snap page palette (will not hide and no snap region)

Maxthon Snap20200915174217.png

Also how do you import the account data from Maxthon 5 manually?

Edited by Magdalene

8 hours ago, Roger Haugen said:

image.png.4b7bf2378105922b37e54d2116bf0c23.pngMute on-off (speaker)on the tabs is not working in MX6 . Im now on 6.1.0.900. Its an feature I use many times. 

As a workaround, you can right click on the speaker icon on the tab and then on "Mute Site". I'm sure they will fix it in the next version.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On 9/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, martinstz said:

- Fixed the issue that the subfolder of bookmarks could not display properly under some circumstances

This is not fixed. The problem still exsist. Please, fix it!

Hi there, uncheck the hardware acceleration then try this issue again, please.

Maxthon Snap20200929141226.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 12:29 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

As a workaround, you can right click on the speaker icon on the tab and then on "Mute Site". I'm sure they will fix it in the next version.

We're all aware that we can right click/mute, but seems an easy fix to just enable to mute icon?